Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Empoleon Help?
Rainbow 
So I want to have a competitive Empoleon. Problem is I never really looked at what moves he gets or what people like to use for Empoleon competitivly. I want him to be some of tank that can hit hard without taking lots of damage. Any advice?
Well I'm not so sure about the best way to utilize Empoleon in VGC Doubles, however singles it usually is a special tank with access to both Stealth Rock and Defog so clear hazards while maintaining its own rocks up. The last moveslot is usually Roar to phaze out Pokemon with any setup options, Toxic to get residual damage on wall cores, and Ice Beam to hit Dragon, Flying, Grass and Ground types hard.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar / Toxic / Ice Beam
(May 23, 2015, 11:52 AM)Black117 Wrote: Well I'm not so sure about the best way to utilize Empoleon in VGC Doubles, however singles it usually is a special tank with access to both Stealth Rock and Defog so clear hazards while maintaining its own rocks up. The last moveslot is usually Roar to phaze out Pokemon with any setup options, Toxic to get residual damage on wall cores, and Ice Beam to hit Dragon, Flying, Grass and Ground types hard.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar / Toxic / Ice Beam
Thanks. I am typically a single battler anyways
You can go for the typical Stealth Rock/Defog set which looks a bit like this

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Level: 50
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar
- Scald

I run this set on my Mega Swampert singles team. Basically it is for setting up the rain and working as a tank against Pokemon in the UU tier by functioning offensively and supportively

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Level: 50
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Rain Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Scald
- Ice Beam

I run 140 HP because Leftovers will always recovery 11 HP, the 140 EVs allows you to get that HP recovery then distribute a little into defenses to take a few Physical hits like a Drain Punch from Toxicroak.
[Insert signature here]