Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Battle 0kamii's Aztec Team! - Prizes Available
[Image: 1467395.jpg]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and I haven't made a [BATTLE REQUEST] thread in quite some time!

Since I had a ton of fun using my 1st place Emolga team in a battle request thread last year, I thought it'd be more fun to do a theme build and put it to the public to see if any of y'alls wanted to throw down against a very non-standard composition. Now as the title suggests, this team is comprised entirely of mons that are based (or loosely based) on creatures and gods from Aztec mythology. I adopted Nahuatl anthropology in college as an independent study, and rarely does a culture enamor me the way these warriors have. Below is a list of all the deities and icons I've incorporated into my team, and yes, before you ask, there is ONE legendary on my team. So feel free to bring one of your own should you want to battle.

1) Quetzalcoatl - The Feathered-serpent

[Image: Quetzalcoatl.svg]
God of Wind, Snakes, the West, and the Morning Star

2) The ahuizotl - the fifth-handed monkey

[Image: 339_06_2.jpg]
Creature known for its savage ways and trickery

3) Xolotl - the dog of the underworld

[Image: latest?cb=20161207175939]
God of dogs, lightning, and the sunset

4) Cuauhtli - the Eagle warrior

[Image: Signo_Cuauhtli.svg]
High caliber warriors of the king venerated more than the Ocelotl (Jaguar warriors)

5) Mexica - Empire of the Sun

[Image: 1479_Stein_der_fünften_Sonne%2C_sog._Azt...agoria.JPG]
A classic name for the once Aztec Empire, known today as the descendants of the Toltecs

6) Tlaloc - god of Rain

[Image: Tlaloc.jpg]
Sometimes depicted as an amphibian in mortal form, associated with rain, crops, and fertility

These are the six icons that will be your opponents. I've laced clues as to who their in-game counterparts are in their descriptions, and I hope that you all feel a like challenging my pantheon. Mainly because there are prizes available! The first person to successfully topple my Aztec team will receive a Mega stone of their choice, and the second will have their choice of a BP item from the Battle Tree. Third will receive either a Flame Orb or Toxic Orb.

Happy battling, everyone! I look forward to all the shenanigans that we'll have with our Mesoamerican friends!

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. My timezone is EST, and the battle style in 4 v 4 Doubles. Engage at your own peril...
Tongue
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

But what about the Green Bird?
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
(Mar 16, 2018, 09:42 AM)0kamii Wrote:  
3) Xolotl - the dog of the underworld

[Image: latest?cb=20161207175939]
God of dogs, lightning, and the sunset

10 bucks says this is Dusk Lycanrok
Mawr
(Mar 16, 2018, 09:42 AM)0kamii Wrote:

6) Tlaloc - god of Rain

[Image: Tlaloc.jpg]
Sometimes depicted as an amphibian in mortal form, associated with rain, crops, and fertility
Ten bucks says this is Politoed.

Oh, and I'll battle you for sure!
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
@TheAlmightySancho 
@FireTaco 
@RetroTyphlosion 

So do any of y'alls want to battle? Or are we just taking bets on which mons comprise my team?  Tongue

- 0kamii

@0kamii I'll battle you!

@RetroTyphlosion 

Sweet! When did you want to throw down?

- 0kamii

@0kamii Well, I can't right now, but I might be able to later on. Is this team on Showdown?

@RetroTyphlosion 

Nope, it's in-game, but I can recreate it in Showdown easily if need be. I go into work at 5, and I don't get out until 10 - 10:30. How does that sound? Somewhere around there work?

- 0kamii

@0kamii Are you in the Mountain Time Zone?