Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Duo Weather Team: Mega Steelix!
Hi guys today i am writting this post to you to disscuss a crazy/weird/ammateur or whatever kind of idea i just thought of last night. so the following would really explain how did this silly idea came into my mind:

my brain processing.........:
so just last night i wasn't feeling sleepy or tired at all, idk why but then i started to think about an idea of the team i may run a probable rain team next. from which i though of the rain-trick/ rain-room teams and thought of how interesting they were. the team usually included pokemons like m-mawile, goth, ludi and poli. nowadays one or two of these are also a third part perish trap with goth. and i focused how can i make a team like that of my own. my main point was to get a steel pokemon to take advantage of the weather condition. AND THEN.........

Mega SteeliX:
[Image: steelix-mega.gif]
there were two main points i saw on mega steelix. one being it's sand force ability for sand modes, the second being the awesome capability of being safe from fire attacks under rain. this inspiration of team was taken from the few sand + sun char-y and t-tar ran back in the reason for weather disruption or so. from these two weathers, from one raises steelix's bulk and the other does the favor to power. following are some thoughts of what the team can include:

. Rain mode (distinct)
[Image: politoed.gif] , [Image: ludicolo.gif]
ludi +poli: ludi provides fake out to set up TR when usually it can't.also favor's removing bulky water counters to the sand mode, poli would be standard (the item choice is requested to be suggested from you guys)

. Sand mode (distinct)
[Image: steelix-mega.gif] , [Image: tyranitar.gif]
steelix + tyranitar: tyrantar will bring out the sand while steelix attacks (i want to run weakness policy mixed set on t-tar can anyone leave me with one plz)

. TR setter:
[Image: cresselia.gif]
cresselia, gothitelle, etc. cress being my best bet for the time being.

. Support/sweeper:
[Image: cradily.gif] , [Image: rotom-heat.gif]
for the last member of the team i wanted to look up for available options, also another way of countering amoongus, the two i ran tests with were storm drain, life orb cradily (current sketch) and rotom-h with safety goggles both handled amoongus pretty well.

Conclusion:
i would conclude this topic with saying that my idea needs alot of further suggestions, based on the awesome suggestions (as always u guys give) i ma be posting an RMT when i am done with making a team, hope you liked the idea and have some possible suggestions to give. bye for now!
The concept is good but I think you're trying to fit too many modes into one team. I mean Rain, Sand AND Trick Room!

But anyways, not saying it isn't possible but this is going to take a while to perfect. A good place to start off is using Gothitelle as your TR setter and running Safety Goggles on it in conjunction with Psychic as a check to Amoonguss. Eject Button Politoed would work well here as you can lead Politoed + Gothitelle, use Perish Song with Politoed (seeing as how the opponent is most likely going to think you will be setting up Trick Room and attack Gothitelle), take a hit with Politoed, switch into either Ludicolo or Steelix and deal damage. Then again, I don't believe bringing Ludicolo into a match where the game plan is to get up Trick Room AND Rain since its Swift Swim ability would hinder its effectiveness in battle. Maybe opt for Scrafty for Intimidate support?

Come on guys, let's get a discussion started Cool
[Insert signature here]