Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Tortoal O.P.
Want to counter lots of Physical threats like Talonflame Scizor Aegislash ETC? You tried using OU Physical walls but they just weren't working? Well I have a Solution to you. That Solution is Torkoal. Watch as your friends Talonflame does a Whopping 10 HP from broke bird. Whatch as a Supper Effective EQuake Won't do Half of your health.

Item:Chesto Berry
Ability: White smoke
EV: 252 Def 252 HP
Moves: Iron Defence
Will-O-Wisp/Lava plum
Rest
Rock slide
((Do not use against any Special threats, have a special wall with you when running Torkoal))
This set has won me so many battles and is a fun set to use. It even helped me beat Verlisify a few weeks ago.
http://youtu.be/sQafYSyJrF4
http://youtu.be/Cj6UueeDQl8 ((This vid wasn't the best Example of torkoal but it was what I had. Also this set ran EQuake))
Really good set, the only thing you really have to worry about is Torkoal's speed by the time Torkoal uses iron defense someone like Mega Kang has already take alot away from its max health,a fake out pokemon could help torkoal set up, also you have to worry about special attacking Pokémon such as Suicune or Milotic (like you said).

But hey its important to put Pokémon on a team to balance out its weaknesses, if you put him in the right team it can work fine :D.
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
What about taunt? Taunt pretty much shuts down this set because it relies on Setting up a lot. Also, is this a set for singles or VGC because in VGC relying on setting up isnt really ideal. Since its doubles 2 pokemon can attack 1 during a turn. There is alot to think about in this set but I hope you do well :P
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Apr 22, 2015, 06:42 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: What about taunt? Taunt pretty much shuts down this set because it relies on Setting up a lot. Also, is this a set for singles or VGC because in VGC relying on setting up isnt really ideal. Since its doubles 2 pokemon can attack 1 during a turn. There is alot to think about in this set but I hope you do well :P
If you predict a taunt first turn and you know they will use it you can switch A Magic bounce pokemon or a pokemon that doesn't require a set up. This set can work for both Singles and VGC. In VGC you can put him under Trick Room. If use him for VGC though replace either Will-O-Wisp or Rock slide with Protect. If you use a trick room team I suggest Slowking/Slowbro because they can't get taunted. You get free trick room ((unless they have fake out)) after  trick room is up I suggest switching to a pokemon like Cradily who can redirect water attacks to him for his benefit. Thanks for the Advice
Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Lava Plume
- Rest

Basically by using Shell Armor over White Smoke, your defense setups won't be foiled by a critical hit. Also Amnesia allows you to take special hits relatively well.

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. +2 252 HP / 252 SpD Torkoal: 104-125 (58.7 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. +2 252 HP / 252 SpD Torkoal: 109-127 (61.5 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Taunt really won't shut you down since you have a means of offense plus more than likely you would have gotten to +2 in a stat before you get taunted.

I do like your build idea but it doesn't seem to expand on the abilities of Torkoal
[Insert signature here]
(Apr 22, 2015, 06:53 AM)Curtistharder Wrote:
(Apr 22, 2015, 06:42 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: What about taunt? Taunt pretty much shuts down this set because it relies on Setting up a lot. Also, is this a set for singles or VGC because in VGC relying on setting up isnt really ideal. Since its doubles 2 pokemon can attack 1 during a turn. There is alot to think about in this set but I hope you do well :P
If you predict a taunt first turn and you know they will use it you can switch A Magic bounce pokemon or a pokemon that doesn't require a set up. This set can work for both Singles and VGC. In VGC you can put him under Trick Room. If use him for VGC though replace either Will-O-Wisp or Rock slide with Protect. If you use a trick room team I suggest Slowking/Slowbro because they can't get taunted. You get free trick room ((unless they have fake out)) after  trick room is up I suggest switching to a pokemon like Cradily who can redirect water attacks to him for his benefit. Thanks for the Advice

Slowbro and Slowking can be taunted. Also doubling up into the slot can shut this down.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Apr 22, 2015, 10:47 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote:
(Apr 22, 2015, 06:53 AM)Curtistharder Wrote:

Slowbro and Slowking can be taunted. Also doubling up into the slot can shut this down.

Oblivious works with taunt
(Apr 22, 2015, 10:01 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Lava Plume
- Rest

Basically by using Shell Armor over White Smoke, your defense setups won't be foiled by a critical hit. Also Amnesia allows you to take special hits relatively well.

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. +2 252 HP / 252 SpD Torkoal: 104-125 (58.7 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. +2 252 HP / 252 SpD Torkoal: 109-127 (61.5 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Taunt really won't shut you down since you have a means of offense plus more than likely you would have gotten to +2 in a stat before you get taunted.

I do like your build idea but it doesn't seem to expand on the abilities of Torkoal
I didn't know Torkoal had Amnisia, I might just try it out.