Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[GIVEAWAY] The Hottest Giveaway Ever
[Image: hottestgaever3.png]

Warm greetings everybody! Welcome to the Hottest Giveaway Ever!

So exactly one year ago I ran across this forum — and I am really glad I stick around, because the community is amazing — and to celebrate my first anniversary on Pokemon Forever I have prepared a little present to all of you who make the website a nice, friendly place to share our love for Pokemon. This is not much, but it is my way of saying thanks to all awesome users who have helped me in a way or another in the past year.

There are so many people here I would like to thank, but since I want to stay focused on the main objective of this post I will just briefly mention some of them (in alphabetical order)

@0kamii – Best guild boss ever, your dedication to the forums is so inspiring!
@Dova –You are one of the coolest people here, thanks for being around all the time!
@FireTaco – Thanks for everything you've been doing for the community!
@moo311 – I wouldn't even have run across the website if it wasn't for your great giveaways!
@RetroTyphlosion – Thanks for always being there for me! Besides, battling you is so much fun!  
@ScottyThunder – Super friendly and awesome guy!
@stephenWITNESS – Thanks for always keeping the community alive! We know it is not easy.
@Tenebris_Kane – Great breeder, the inspiration behind my Fire-type Breedject Center!

In fact there are so many other users that I am grateful to that if I were to mention everybody I would probably need dozens of posts!

The Battle Ready Pokemon:

Now let's get to the point – I will be giving away thirty-five battle ready Fire-type Pokemon, each of which has been breed, EV trained, leveled up and evolved by me within the past six months in SM/USUM. They all at level 50, properly EV trained, have ideal IVs for competitive battling, have egg and relearn moves (whenever the set requires) and "all" of them are infected with Pokerus (at least until yesterday when I accidentally cured six of them). Each one of them is unique, so please understand if the Pokemon you requested has already been sent to someone else. Finally, please keep in mind that none of them are carrying held items so you must provide the appropriate mega stones for the mega Pokemon.

This giveaway is comprised of four Charizards, one Ninetales-Kanto, one Arcanine, one Rapidash, one Marowak-Alola, one Flareon, one Typhlosion, one Magcargo, one Houndoom, four Blazikens, one Torkoal, one Infernape, one Rotom-Heat, five Emboars, two Chandelures, one Heatmor, one Delphox, one Pyroar, five Incineroars and one Oricorio (I made sure to double-check the legality of all their sets).

Here is a description of each one of them (the IV order below is HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe, with 'X' standing for an unknown in-game value):

[Image: charizard-megax.gif]
Pokemon: Mega Charizard X
Level: 50
Pokeball: Regular
Ability: Blaze (Though Claws)
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
IVs: 31/31/31/X/30/31
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Pokerus: Yes
OT: Black
(Sold out!)

Mega Charizard X is my signature Pokemon and this is one of the most successfully sets that I’ve ever been using according to my own experience. This set is pretty much the Smogon standard set for OU, except that I run Earthquake for beating Heatran instead of Roost. The best way to use this Mega Charizard X is as a late-game sweeper (see this replay), but you may also bring it in whenever you seize a free setup opportunity (and this replay too). By the way, Mega Charizard X really appreciates a spinner/defogger partner! (Charizardite-X is not included)

[Image: charizard-megay.gif]
Pokemon: Mega Charizard Y
Ability: Blaze (Drought)
Nature: Timid (+Spe -SpA)
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
Relearn Moves: Ancient Power, Flare Blitz, Outrage
 (Sold out!)

Mega Charizard Y is one of coolest mega evolution forms ever and also my favorite alternative to Mega Charizard X. The idea of this Mega Charizard Y set is quite simple: switch in, mega evolve, and fire off (pun intended) insanely powerful sun-boosted STAB Fire Blasts. Solarbeam and Dragon Pulse for coverage, Focus Blast for Heatran and Tyranitar (which would otherwise wall this set). By the way, help our friend Mega Charizard Y spam Fire Blasts with an easy mind and have a spinner/defogger partner in your team, at least if you are playing Singles! (Charizardite-Y is not included)

[Image: ninetales.gif]
Pokemon: Ninetales-Kanto
Pokeball: Dream
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Psyshock
(Sold out!)

Pretty much your usual Smogon PU set, huh?

[Image: arcanine.gif]
Pokemon: Arcanine
Pokeball: Heal
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/29?/31
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Morning Sun
- Extreme Speed
Relearn Moves: Burn Up
(Sold out!)

Switch in and intimidate them all! The Adamant nature and Extreme Speed makes this Arcanine into a powerful revenge-killer machine. If you are worried about its durability, you may also want to consider using Overheat or Burn Up (OMG, this move is so cool). It's SpDef IV is already quite good and it should not make much difference at level 50, but if you are worried about using it in competitive battles, you can just hyper train it later.

[Image: rapidash.gif]
Pokemon: Rapidash
Pokeball: Fast
Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
Relearn Moves: Ally Switch, Hypnosis, Horn Drill
(Sold out!)

Pretty standard Smogon PU set, so  I guess it doesn't need much explanation, right?

[Image: marowak-alola.gif]
Pokemon: Marowak-Alola
Pokeball: Beast
Ability: Lightning Hold
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Flame Charge
Pokerus: Cured
(Sold out!)

With Thick Club, Marowak-A has the ability to OHKO or 2HKO most Pokemon in the OU metagame using either Shadow Bone or Flare Blitz. One of the crucial things that Marowak-A lack is speed but, fortunately, it has Flame Charge to boost it speed while still dealing some cheap damage (preferably when revenge killing or forcing a switch out).

[Image: flareon.gif]
Pokemon: Flareon
Pokeball: Love
Ability: Guts
Nature: Jolly (+Spe –SpA)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Perfect!)
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Facade
- Superpower
- Flame Charge
Relearn moves: Curse, Yawn, Wish, Stored Power
(Sold out!)

Unfortunately, my favorite Eevolution suffers from the great-attack-stat-but-terrible-movepool syndrome that has been haunting many Fire-type Pokemon since Generation I. This is probably the most common Guts Flareon set found in Smogon Random Battles, and it pretty much speak for itself. (Quick Attack can also be used instead of Flame Charge).

[Image: typhlosion.gif]
Pokemon: Typhlosion
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 31/31/30/30/31/31 (HP Grass!)
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power (Grass)
(Sold out!)

How can a Pokemon look so cool and still have such a terrible movepool? I tried to understand this paradox for quite some time, but after I eventually went through all Elisabeth Kübler-Ross' five stages of grief (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance) I finally realized that it's time to move on. This is one of the Typhlosion sets I've been using for some time in Smogon Singles, with varying degree of success: with Flash Fire our beloved RetroTyphlosion can be switched into predicted Fire-type moves and fire powerful scarfed Eruptions back. Focus Blast can be used for the likes of Guzzlord, Houndoom, Incineroar, and we also have here a handy Hidden Power (Grass) for everything else!

[Image: magcargo.gif]
Pokemon: Magcargo
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
IVs: 31/30/31/31/31/31
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
(1 left in stock!)

While I usually have more fun running a sashed Shell Smash sweeper set in RU singles, it is fair to say that the above stall/support set is far more reliable for Magcargo. 

[Image: houndoom.gif]
Pokemon: Houndoom
Pokeball: Ultra
IVs: 31/30/31/31/31/31
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond
(1 left in stock!)

This is a classic Houndoom Nasty Plot setup sweeper set. I should mention that this is not one of my favorite Houndoom sets though: considering Houndoom's unreliable paper thin defenses, you usually have no choice but to predict a switch out to get one setup opportunity. Anyway, Houndoom is a high-risk high-reward Pokemon: get your Nasty Plot done and your opponent will learn how hellish this hound can be with +2 STAB Fire Blasts and Dark Pulses. 

[Image: blaziken.gif]
Pokemon: Blaziken
Ability: Speed Boost
- Flare Blitz
- Mirror Move
- Low Kick
- Protect
Relearn Moves: Night Slash, Last Resort, Crush Claw
(3 left in stock!)

Most Blaziken sets are boring because they are too predictable. This set is extreme opposite: Z-Mirror Move gives you a +2 Atk and activates the Z-Move version of the opponent's move, so Protect may be used not only for the now old free Speed Boost trick, but for scouting the move you want to mirror next turn. After gaining your +2 Atk boost, Blaziken is free to Low Kickass! A Jolly nature (and Protect) guarantees that Blaziken can outspeed most of the Uber/BSS metagame after the first turn. Of course, those who are not very fond of the high-risk high-reward premise of this set are welcome to replace Mirror Move with Swords Dance / Stone Edge / Knock Off etc. depending of their needs (Blaziken won't be able to relearn it later, however).

[Image: torkoal.gif]
Pokemon: Torkoal
Ability: Drought
Nature: Modest (+SpA -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Lava Plume
- Solarbeam
- Rapid Spin
(Sold out!)

With Generation 7's new gift, Drought, my favorite always-striving-to-keep-fire-burning-within-its-shell-just-to-keep-alive Fire-type turtle Torkoal found new ways to shine on the battlefield. With sun to boost its Fire-type moves, why not to try a Shell Smash set out? We know that even with a beneficial nature +2 Spe Torkoal will never outspeed neutral Speed nature dangerous threats in RU (e.g. Blastoise, Cloyster, Aerodactly etc.), so a Bold nature will at least allow it to take more hits while taking down as many opponents as it can. Rapid Spin can be replaced for Earth Power if you already have a more effective spinner/defogger in mind for the team (which you should, unless you are playing Monotype).

[Image: infernape.gif]
Pokemon: Infernape
Pokeball: Luxury
Ability: Blaze
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
Relearn Moves: Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch
(Sold out!)

Oh, Infernape! This Pokemon has such a great movepool that choosing a particular set is a quite hard task. But since I have to make a decision, I prefer to stick to the old but gold set that I have been using in OU for almost two years (actually this is a small variant of it). This Infernape is a classic hit-and-run Pokemon. (We have Blaze instead of Iron Fist because this set does not rely on punch moves and Blaze will give Flare Blitz a huge boost when Infernape is in a pinch.)

[Image: rotom-heat.gif]
Pokemon: Rotom-Heat
Pokeball: Dream
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm (+SpD -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpD
- Overheat
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
(Sold out!)

Do you need some help? Don't worry: Rotom-Heat is here with its awesome Roto-Powers to Overheat your opponents and annoy them with excessive dialogs! If you want to have some fun with Rotom-Heat, the above dual screener/pivot set is definitively worth trying out! (See its performance in this awesome battle — but don't forget to stop the replay before it is mercilessly smashed by Dova's Incineroar)

[Image: emboar.gif]
Pokemon: Emboar
Pokeball: Heavy 
Ability: Reckless
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch
(4 left in stock!)

The standard Wallbreaker NU Emboar set, I guess?

[Image: chandelure.gif]
Pokemon: Chandelure
Pokeball: Dusk 
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Pain Split
(Sold out!)

This Chandelure is waiting to light up your team with excellent coverage in Energy Ball, powerful STAB moves in Fire Blast and Shadow Ball, and an always useful Pain Split (Choice Specs/Scarf + Trick is also a very good alternative)!

[Image: heatmor.gif]
Pokemon: Heatmor
Pokeball: Dusk
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solarbeam
- Sucker Punch
(1 left in stock!)

I must admit that, probably because of its admittedly weird design, Heatmor used to be my least favorite Fire-type Pokemon. At least until I started using it for a while and realized that I was judging the book by its cover: this antroaster anteater Pokemon actually has an amazing movepool! Besides being the only Fire-type Pokemon that can learn Fire Lash so far, and one of the few with access to Giga Drain (like Ho-Oh, Larvesta, Volcarona), Heatmor can also learn useful moves such as Sucker Punch, Taunt etc. Gimmick Heatmor sets may also abuse of his first ability, Gluttony, by running Recycle. This Flash Fire set here, however, is meant for double battles, especially with sun support. (Maybe I will work on a mixed Fire Lush/Giga Drain/Knock Off attacker set next time)

[Image: delphox.gif]
Pokemon: Delphox
Ability: Magician
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
Relearn moves: Heat Wave, Hypnosis, Magic Coat
(Sold out!)

This nearly standard Smogon NU Delphox set uses Calm Mind for setup, Fire Blast and Psyshock as good STAB moves and Grass Knot for coverage.

[Image: pyroar-f.gif]
Pokemon: Pyroar
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Timid (+Spe -SpA)
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Flame Charge
(Sold out!)

Let's be honest here: Pyroar is not exactly a Fire-type Pokemon with useful abilities. Some may prefer Unnerve or Rivarly, both of which are quite situational (in my opinion), so this leaves us with Moxie. How could a nearly exclusive special attacker Pokemon such as Pyroar benefit from Moxie? The only conclusion I could reach was: Flame Charge! The idea is to use Flame Charge whenever you need to revenge-kill, and then accumulate Atk and Spe  boosts that may be useful later on. Hyper Voice and Fire Blast are pretty standard STAB moves. Dark Pulse is almost mandatory to lure Ghost-types in and make them wish you weren't faking a Hyper Voice!

[Image: incineroar.gif]
Pokemon: Incineroar
Ability: Intimidate
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Relearn moves: Heat Wave, Revenge, Crunch
(1 left in stock!)

Time to introduce my favorite heel Fire-type Pokemon – even though it is the only one! Since the release of Incineroar's hidden ability, Intimidate, this Pokemon has definitively become one of the rising stars of VGC2018. As of today it's usage rage is 35.29% according to Pikalytics! I couldn't be more proud! Incineroar deserves to be recognized. Besides, it's design is simply awesome! (The pivot Incineroar set that we have here is pretty much standard and self-explanatory.)

[Image: oricorio.gif]
Pokemon: Oricorio-F
Ability: Dancer
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- U-turn
(1 left in stock!)

Although Oricorio-F lacks any sort of coverage, this set allows it to be used as a pivot against its checks and counters, and, more importantly, to fire off Calm Mind boosted powerful Revelation Dances (consistent power and accuracy) or Hurricanes (if you need a more reliable Flying-type STAB move, you may want to run Air Slash instead).

The Rules: 
  1. Trades will be done exclusively by GTS.            
  2. This is the basic format to make your request:

Pokemon Requested: 
    Pokemon Deposited: Spearow (Can be found in Routes 2 and 3)
    Gender of Deposited:
    Level of Deposited:
    Ball of Deposited:*
    Nickname of Deposited:*
    IGN:

*Optional fields.

3. Always level lock to 41-50 in your GTS requests (avoid getting sniped!)
  4. First come, first served — but there will be reservations.
  5. You can only have one Pokemon per day (at least at this early stage of the giveaway).
  6. Please keep in mind that there are kids here when posting.
  7. You don't need to give me reps but it would be great if you do! 
  8. Please be patient. I will always do the trades as soon as I can, but sometimes it may take a few hours because of our time zone difference. I live in China (UTC+8) and, on top of that, every time I need to get online in-game I have to bypass the infamous Great Firewall by turning on a VPN and using my PC as a WiFi hotspot for my 3DS.
  9. Apologies for any mistakes or problems (this is the first time I am hosting a giveaway this big).
  10. Enjoy your awesome Fire-type Pokemon as much as you possibly can!
[Image: Ani006OD.png] That's all folks! [Image: Ani006OD.png]
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
Hey! Congrats on the Giveaway!

I was wondering if I could have a Chandelure?

I will add the information needed ina moment!
(Jun 24, 2018, 11:25 AM)Newdll Wrote: Hey! Congrats on the Giveaway!

I was wondering if I could have a Chandelure?

I will add the information needed ina moment!

@Newdll Thanks! Of course you can have one! Smile

Just fill in the blanks in the request format above and post it here, I will send it to you ASAP.

PS: Would you like to choose a particular nickname for it?
Pokemon Requested: Chandelure
Pokemon Deposited: Spearow
Gender of Deposited: Female
Level of Deposited: 10
Ball of Deposited: Luxury
Nickname of Deposited: Spearow
Message: "Please trade pokemon with me. Thanks in advanced."
IGN: Kayne
(Jun 24, 2018, 06:07 PM)Newdll Wrote: Pokemon Requested: Chandelure

@Newdll Enjoy! Smile
(Jun 24, 2018, 07:04 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote:
(Jun 24, 2018, 06:07 PM)Newdll Wrote: Pokemon Requested: Chandelure

@Newdll Enjoy! Smile

Thanks!!
Is it possible to get Charizard X for pokemon sun?
@flamingstrike @Robin_the_rusher

Sure, just request one here following the format described in the first page.

Unfortunately, I just have one Mega Charizard X (but I do have three Mega Charizard Y).
(Jun 26, 2018, 07:06 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @flamingstrike @Robin_the_rusher

Sure, just request one here following the format described in the first page.

Unfortunately, I just have one Mega Charizard X (but I do have three Mega Charizard Y).

Can i get a charizard y? When can we trade?
(Jun 26, 2018, 07:21 PM)Robin_the_rusher Wrote: Can i get a charizard y? When can we trade?

@Robin_the_rusher I can get you one now if you are free to make the request (see the rules above for the request format).