Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

GUYS YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT!
okay guys i got crushed by this moveset!
i was double battling on pokemonshowdown and then my opponent went for the whimsicott and gengar lead.
on the first turn the whimsicott used encore on my gyrados so i got locked in bounce for three turns.all the sudden gengar used disable!i was left with struggle so the sweep was done.those two were ridiculously fast!i don't think we have a counter for this!please guys think and tell me!
That's not a completely unheard of lead combo. True it's a pain to deal with but like every gimmick, once you kill either of those 2 pokemon, there is no way for them do do anything.
taunt > that lead Kappa
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Better yet, magic bounce!
If Mega Diance were VGC legal, I imagine that it would literally counter this strategy with magic bounce. It could just easily bound back either Encore, Taunt, or Disable while going for Diamond Storm and setting up a +1 or +2 immediately in defense.
Idd start by not using the move bounce, fly, or dig In any competitive battle
#TeamForum

(Mar 24, 2015, 10:33 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: Idd start by not using the move bounce, fly, or dig In any competitive battle

You forgot dive
If you see this lead, do not use Fake Out or Protect no matter what. Go for a neutral attack on the first turn ganging on one of them and switch to the other Pokemon doing the same. If you didn't score the KO by ganging, DO NOT use a super effective move especially if Gengar is faster than you are
[Insert signature here]