Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help me make a VGC Gravity Trick Room team?
if you do manage to pull the team off you can easily surprise your opponent and do alot of damage to those pokemon like sand said Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(May 15, 2015, 07:23 AM)sandragon13 Wrote: Be mindful of anything vulnerable to EQ after Gravity is activated.  This means ruling out guys that would be weak to Ground if Flying typing, Levitate, or Air Balloon were negated by Gravity; Talonflame, Gengar, Crobat, Mega Charizard Y, (Mega) Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Weezing, Thundurus, Zapdos, and so on.
   -sandragon13

Following up on this, you'd also want things that can stomach the influx of Ground-type attacks that Gravity would expose your team to. Meaning, you may want to look into Grass- and Bug-types without Ground-weak subtypings; think less Scizor, Volcarona, Venusaur and Ferrothorn, and maybe more (Mega) Heracross and Pinsir, Breloom and Trevenant.

Also. Another element to consider is the role you could play with an Arena Trap user being able to trap anything non-Ghost under Gravity and eliminate it with STAB Earthquake. How about Jolly 252/252 Arena Trap Dugtrio; Focus Sash allows guaranteed survival of an attack, Sucker Punch and Stone Edge for coverage, and Memento to give your Gravity setter another opportunity to come in when you've burnt your Sash. jolly Dugtrio out speeds quite a bit and can come in on things like Rotom-W locked into Volt Switch or Zapdos and threaten the KO.
-sandragon13
I have played against gravity teams before and all I can say is you absolutely need a way to beat Landorus-T or any major EQ user since it will hit everything on the field. There was one gravity team I faced consisted of Bronzong, Mega Blastiose, Nidoqueen, and Sableye. The goal for the team was to setup either Trick Room or Gravity at the same time which Bronzong could then fire off fast and accurate Hypnosis agaisnt the opponent. Mega Blastiose and Nidoqueen would then go with its powerful Attacks like Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Thunder, Fire Blast, etc.

My only problem with this strategy is it requires too much setup compared with Trick Room itself. Gravity is just a bit too gimmicky to the point where the whole team has to commit to one strategy. Like I said, gravity will just benefit BOTH sides so be weary of that. Once the Gravity field effect is gone, your team will be forced to use those inaccurate moves (assuming they have them) and we all know how missing Focus Blast or Hydro Pump.
So my VGC Team isn't working. I guess I just really suck at VGC. Should I just Give up at VGC? I need to have a tutor to help me be successful. I tryed everything from advice to watching VGC vids from professionals to websites designed to help. Nothing helped.
My recommendation is to start off using some standard teams that work from either here, or Nugget Bridge. Just look at all the resource available here and other sites so you can understand the format, common Pokemon/strategies you'll see, team cores, etc. Honestly no one should talk down to if for using standard teams which some of them have won some regionals around the world so far.

VGC is a very complicated format to get into and I was in the same position before so don't get discouraged. Try focusing on teams that have better synergy typing wise instead of comming to an entire strategy. Doubles team typical have "modes" or pairs of three distinctive strategies (best examples of these are Politoed/Ludicolo, Whimsicott/Terrakion, Mega Charizard Y/Venusaur).
(May 15, 2015, 08:07 AM)Animekid7 Wrote: if you do manage to pull the team off you can easily surprise your opponent and do alot of damage to those pokemon like sand said Smile

Clefairy for Gravity?
Ok just made a new gravity team that May/May not work http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-233001132 ((View from opponents side)) tell me what you think what I should improve so on so forth.
What is the unfezant for
He is there for crits
(May 15, 2015, 03:14 PM)Curtistharder Wrote: So my VGC Team isn't working. I guess I just really suck at VGC. Should I just Give up at VGC? I need to have a tutor to help me be successful. I tryed everything from advice to watching VGC vids from professionals to websites designed to help. Nothing helped.

If you need to tutor, you can always apply to the mentorship program we have here on the forums. You do not suck at VGC, you just aren't familiar enough with the meta and you may still be naive to certain strategies used in VGC. As Kiev said, read articles on NuggetBridge. Also don't be afraid to pop up in random chats and ask people to lend you a team. Familiarizing yourself with VGC is the only way you are going to get better. All the great players in VGC all started from a low point but through dedication they worked up until they qualified for Top Cut in their region and hold titles such as World Champion and Nationals Champio

(May 15, 2015, 04:50 PM)Curtistharder Wrote: He is there for crits

Unfezant isn't the best choice for this team seeing as how it doesn't take advantage of Gravity but rather gets hindered by it. You don't have any bulky Water types or support Pokemon like Cresselia, Reuniclus or Musharna, don't be afraid to try those Smile
[Insert signature here]