Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hey! Quick question.
Question 
I don’t exactly know where or how to post this, but does anyone know how to join Amethyst 0mega? Is there any proof I need to give of skill? I’m still... pretty new to breeding... but I’m getting there I believe. If there is any sort of trial... it could take a while depending on what’s going on personally and if I have the right Pokémon to begin with... but I think I could get it. As long as it ain’t shiny. That would maybe take ages. So how do I join? Cheers!
Hey there!

The person to ask about this would be 0kamii. However, seeing how they're inactive lately, and 0kamii appointed me as Amethyst 0mega's second-in-command, the person to talk to would be me, I guess.

Black Waterfall and I are the only two surviving members of the guild, and we'd love to have a third member. If you want to join, there is a timed breeding test. Moreover, you need to be able to EV train (if you don't know, we'll teach you).

Reply to this if you're still interested, and I'll set up a test for you.

Thanks again!

Retro
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
(Jun 29, 2019, 04:00 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: Hey there!

The person to ask about this would be 0kamii. However, seeing how they're inactive lately, and 0kamii appointed me as Amethyst 0mega's second-in-command, the person to talk to would be me, I guess.

Black Waterfall and I are the only two surviving members of the guild, and we'd love to have a third member. If you want to join, there is a timed breeding test. Moreover, you need to be able to EV train (if you don't know, we'll teach you).

Thanks again!

Retro
EV train? No clue on how to do that... Um... okay... still interested... hope the timer isn’t too short. By the way @RetroTyphlosion is the timer from when you type or when I see the message? May not be available right away with how it’s almost the end of Pride Month, we’ve had birthdays, time zones and all.

Thanks again!

Retro

Nice, Retro! Thank you for taking care of it.

@Pwimawh_Kiogah I'm glad to hear you're interested! In the meantime, let us know if you have any breeding questions or something.  Smile
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
(Jun 30, 2019, 08:21 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote:

Thanks again!

Retro

Nice, Retro! Thank you for taking care of it.

@Pwimawh_Kiogah I'm glad to hear you're interested! In the meantime, let us know if you have any breeding questions or something.  Smile

I think that these are things I heard, some looked up too:

A pokéball will be passed on by the mother -unless the parent(s) are genderless(e.g. ditto) and/or male, or if they are of the EXACT same species (not line)-

80% of the time, females pass on abilities. Males/genderless do so 20% with ditto. If ability is not inherited, there will be no HA from the egg.

For shinies, both parents need to be of different languages to each-other, at least one different to your device’s.

Everstones guarantee natures to be passed on. If both parents hold one, the nature passed will be randomly selected from the two.

Power items held by parents enhance the matching EV stat of the offspring, and if both have one, it is randomly selected. Other EV stats inherited will not match the one enhanced.

For IVs, a destiny bond is used, to allow 5 instead of 3 inherited. If the other parent holds an EV enhancer, that matching IV is the guaranteed one to be inherited from the other.

For moves, if both parents have a matching level-up move, that is inherited. If a parent knows an egg move, it is passed on. If both have different ones, the mother’s is the one passed down before the father’s. Some items allow egg moves to be passed down. If this results in multiple possibilities for egg moves, the order was... I think: Item move, mother’s egg, father’s egg, TM, level-up, default.

Oval charms increase chance of egg generation per few steps (usually default was like 257 without, but varies by species). Females primarily pass species on, unless the group includes a ditto. This I looked up to confirm out of suspicion: In families where gender variants are different species, the species is passed on by either male or female. (Like Nidoran or... apparently Volbeat/Illumise?). Also, Snorlax must hold full incense to hatch a Munchlax instead of Snorlax. I’m guessing this may happen for others? Riding Tauros increases steps/second. If your party contains a Pokémon with Flame Body or Magma Armour, the steps needed will be halved (Does this mean it MELTS the egg?!). Having more than one mon with these abilities, or one of each doesn’t increase step reduction.

And an obvious rule: Egg Groups. Like, my personal favourite, Field. Ditto is very helpful for breeding, pretty obvious. Ditto can not breed with itself, and Undiscovered egg group can’t breed. A common misconception is that Cryogonal can’t breed, but it can with Ditto/Vanillite etc. As can Onix. 

Any of these false? Anything else I need to know before the challenge?
Hey, all!

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'd be interested to try out for the group if you're looking for new members. I also don't know how a timed breeding activity would work exactly; but if that's all it takes to prove my worth, I wanna give it a try.

While I haven't done any competitive breeding or EV training or anything as yet, I'm confident I could do so. I've been reading up on all aspects involved for the past 18 months or so, and I'm certain I could pass a written test on the subject (if such a thing existed).

Anyway, just putting it out there. I'll keep an eye out for replies on this thread and/or DMs.

Good luck, @Pwimawh_Kiogah!
@DrumminBeard Sure, the more the merrier!

The breeding challenge is all about completing a specific set within a time limit. We will set a date ahead of time with you, and then send you a PM with something like

Species: ---
IVs: --/--/--/--/--/--
Ability: ---
Nature: ---
Egg Moves: ---
Poké Ball: ---

All you have to do is completing the task within the time limit, typically 24 hours.
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
@RetroTyphlosion @DrumminBeard @Black Waterfall @Pwimawh_Kiogah

Ah, it does my heart good to see you all carrying the torch! Big Grin

Yes, unfortunately I haven't been as active on the site as I was, but what's to be said? IRL stuff happens. But that's not to say I haven't still been lurking in the shadows. Consider me an invisible hand, if you will. I still patrol for spam, and I really want to be more active on the site again as things settled down IRL. Hopefully by the time Sword & Shield come out in November.

Also, I finally got a Switch! Yay.

Retro, if you want to proctor Pwimawh_Kiogah's guild exam, by all means. I trust you to manage things. Same to you, Black. Why don't you administer Drummin's? I'll be more than happy to assist if need be.

Remember, invisible hand...

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

(Jul 2, 2019, 09:39 AM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @DrumminBeard Sure, the more the merrier!

The breeding challenge is all about completing a specific set within a time limit. We will set a date ahead of time with you, and then send you a PM with something like

Species: ---
IVs: --/--/--/--/--/--
Ability: ---
Nature: ---
Egg Moves: ---
Poké Ball: ---

All you have to do is completing the task within the time limit, typically 24 hours.
@RetroTyphlosion 
@Black Waterfall PLEASE... wait for me to say my iPad and DS are in working condition. See ya then, I'll say when I'm ready.
@RetroTyphlosion Okay! iPad fixed! Do we PM to plan out or?