Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How did you get into pokemon ?
I live in a place where they don't sell 3ds and we didn't had the pokemon anime so I only knew some first gen pokemon. One day I went to Mc Donalds and i saw some pokemon happy meal toys so thought i should get one of them and i chose a weird water sprinkler thin with a horse like pokemon on it. i was mesmarized by that pokemon so i started searching on google "pokemon". i didn't get any info about that pokemon. Several months later i found a video on youtube called all legendary pokemon. There i found my answer, It was keldeo and it became one of my favourite pokemon and that is how I got into pokemon
My Brothers had been playing Pokemon Every since Red and Green on the Gameboy color so they introduced me to pokemon, the first ever pokemon game i personally got to play was FireRed, I fell in love with the game and have been playing it ever since
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
My friends and I in fourth grade were all about Pokemon. Not like how we are now with the breeding and what not, but like the secret stuff we thought were cool. Things like the underground city in Emerald, or how to get Mew. We also collected alot of trading cards (back when Pokemon Lv.X was just starting). It got so bad at my school that the principal banned Pokemon (called them Pikamon xD) along with Bakugan and Beyblades. So my first game was Emerald, and it just continued from there. I am the only Senior in my high school to still be playing Pokemon now, it sucks but it doesn't bother me.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
I remember watching mons when I was little, I never got to play the old school games though but my mom would buy me some little toys and things, but then I didn't have anything to do with mons until around the tiem I got into middle school and found a forgotten game boy advance on my school bus. It had a copy of fire red in it, and me being a generally poor person, took it as it would probably take months before my mom could have possibly even considered getting a dinky gameboy advance let alone a game for it. I played it for a while, and when I got into high school I bought a copy of saphire and played it on a DS. About 2012 I bought a copy of pokemon black from a used games store before I even had internet, and I played the living explitive out of it. It was my favorite game and also was the first game my favorite pair of mons are from. Thati s when I really got into mons, and for xmas a year or so ago I managed to get a 2ds and Alpha Saphire.

So because someone neglected their game boy advance, I got into pokemon as a poor boy coming home from school. Awesome.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
I got given a Gameboy Pocket with Pokemon silver somehow working with it so yea thats how I got into pokemon
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
I can't remember the specifics but it had something to do with the Cards when i was in first grade and me and my best friend were hooked on the game ever since and im a freshman now.
I remember getting the videotape in the mail with the preview episodes and was hooked ever since. I started with Red and Blue, and kept going getting at least one of every generation of games plus the cards.
Wow this is a trip down memory lane. I remember being in second grade (around 6-7 years old) and it was during the time that Pokemon and Digimon just started to air on 4kids. My cousin showed me both shows, but Pokemon really captured a special interest and I watched it religiously.

Then during Christmas one year, my father ran out during a snowstorm on the night of Christmas Eve to buy me the new Pokemon yellow, never knowing until that night that there was a game out for my favorite show. Needless to say I was surprised Christmas morning and I fell In love, especially with my Pikachu that was given in the beginning of the game. I tried to play like Ash, making sure to only capture Pokemon he caught in the series, but eventually I strayed from that path :P Not long after I bought red and blue and played them simultaneously.

When gold/silver/crystal came out, I bought them immediately and loved it just as much, if not more, than the original games (Especially since I was slightly older and had more of an understanding of the games). Not to mention crystal was the introduction of a female protagonist, and I've been hooked ever since :D To this day I buy at least one game from every generation and I've turned into a sort of mentor to some younger fans I know in real life
To me it's the anime. The anime was a total hit in our country and every kid memorized the 151 Pokemons, and can recite them in Dex number order. It's still nostalgic whenever I hear the Opening theme song. It's also super cool when we learned that the original singer of the song is one of our own.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Well my brothers got the game boy version of Pokemon right when it came out on the realase date. So they still play and I started with the game body too I played every single game created so far in the Pokemon name (except like Pokemon go it hasn't came out). And Now I am addicted to Pokemon on 3DS I have every Pokemon and with every "STANDARD" (Not legendary) Pokemon I have those ones shiny.

So that's how I got started.!!!!