Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Questions about ev training?
Im barley getting started so bare with me this are some questions about ev training that I still dont fully understand?

1.How many horde battles do you need to do before maxing the ev in a stat?I know that one stat could have 252 and most players max 2 stats and put the rest into a stat so,bascally im asking is how many battles are needed with pokerus and one of the braces

2.Also that for example I have a newly hatched pokemon at level 1 do I start doing horde battles with it or do I do it with another pokemon with exp share on cause Ik that the evs that the horde gives are passed onto the pokemon in a party?

3.After you get all the evs that you want do you still do horde battles or do you have to battle certain pokemon or do you just level it up normal as if you were just not ev training or is there a method I dont know?And that also includes to lvl 100.

4.And do proetins and the special training bags are required or needed to get your evs you want?

Thank you to anybody who can answer these questions
Going to based this response on the fact you have Power Items and Pokerus as both make EV Training far easier to do. Also going Noodles you are only doing 252 / 252 EV spreads, until the last questions

1. If we go by the horde training with each Pokemon giving 5 EV each Pokemon, or 1 individual EV for one mon. The result utilizing both Power Items (add +4 EVs after beating a Pokemon), and Pokerus (doubles the EVs gained in battle) should be 50 total EV points (assuming all 5 Pokemon are fainted), or 10 EVs per one Pokemon after factoring in these multipliers. At this rate, EV training takes about 5 hordes to get to 250 EVs for a specific stat, then all you have to do is faint one, or all the Pokemon as the EVs will always cap at 252 as of Gen 6. Technically speaking it should be 6 Hordes, but like 5 complete ones.

2. Any hatched Pokemon can start EV Training right away, but chances are they aren't going to be strong enough to OHKO Pokemon with spread attacks. For this, have a high level Pokemon with spread attack are necessary to faint all 5 Pokemon at once to make the training efficient. It is possible to Horde Train via knocking each Pokemon out individually, but this isn't time effective. Definitely recommend switch training over Exp Share, unless you don't have any other "valuable" Pokemon to train for EVs as well. Only use the Exp Share IMO when having 5 Pokemon which need to be trained in Attack EVs fully, or etc.

3. Don't get the question here, but let me put it simple. The cap for Effort Values is at 510 EVs, so all you have to do is essentially reach that number and no other requisites. Anyone can do this by focusing on two stats for 252 EVs, then the final 6 EVs can be added to a single stat of your choosing, which shouldn't take long. Of course this isn't the case if Custom EV spreads are being used, as you have to pay attention to all the individual EV raised in each stat. Fortunately Super Training can help via getting "Reset" bags, and check to see how much EVs are being allocated. Oh and remember to save the game before using the reset bag if checking for EVs as might want to reset. Also remember the cap is for EVs is 510 total and 252 for 1 stat.

4. Ok not everyone will use Vitmins or Super Training when EV training their Pokemon, but eventually you kind of have to learn how to keep count using both when making Custom Spreads. Not every Pokemon runs the 6 / 252 / 252 EV spread, especially in VGC so have to know how much does each method take. For Vitmins, those are +10 Evs before "capping" at 100 EVs, as the players can't use more than 10 drinks per Pokemon for one stat. For EV Training, I believe the increments are +1, +4, and +12 respectively, though could be wrong. It is possible to EV train the old fashion way via using the Macho Brace, or Pokerus to get increments, but it method is more tedious to do. In short, learn how to keep count of EV Spreads when doing EV training, either with a notes or a spreadsheet online.

Here's the link to Horde Training if you want to learn more.
By what I meant in the 3rd question was that do you level the pokemon normally once you get your evs like battleing wild pokemon or do you have to maintain battling specfic pokemon