Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] Comment or 1000 years of bad luck + Rogue punches you in the face.
(Oct 30, 2015, 04:31 PM)Eckley Wrote: What does a capture card have to do with this?

to stream from the ds Kappa duh
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
I didn't mention anything about streaming?
I really like the people here, and I also love the fact that the forums are 'non-battler friendly'. Doing giveaways is also a nice way for me to put my breedjects to good use when I actually have time to breed
The spoopy cup is a great initiative in my opinion. It's a lot of fun, it gets people to talk to each other even if it's just to decide on a good time to battle, and I really like the fact that I was able to enter a tourney without worrying about how bad of a battler I am. So yes, more tournaments in the vein of the spoopy cup would definitely be awesome, and even more of an incentive to keep coming to the forums. Maybe streaming more of the battles on the forum's twitch would be a way to keep people motivated?
The only thing that would make the forums better is me leaving.

Aren't I just the worst?
(Oct 30, 2015, 05:46 PM)naitre Wrote: What do you all think if we started doing more themed tournaments based around creativity instead of winning? Of course, congratulations to the winner, but we could create strange metagames that force peculiar teambuilding.

And just to elaborate, what kind of tournaments would you like? Themed ones such as Halloween and Christmas are relatively easy to do, but would you like more variety in the form of Triple Battles / Rotation battles etc. like Anime mentioned before? Ban certain Pokemon?
(Oct 30, 2015, 03:28 PM)Eckley Wrote:
(Oct 30, 2015, 02:48 PM)bradar485 Wrote: I like the crowd here, it's a little more friendly than a lot of pokemon forums. Plus the great peeps who do the giveaways are saints in my book for the time they put into keeping the forum fun. I wouldn't say anything keeps me away. Except being busy with the family over the weekends.

What could be better? I don't know... it's a pretty good site. The only thing that keeps me out of a lot of tournaments/battle challenges/ league challenges/ect. is a lack of time when other people are active.

Keep up the good work.

Would you enter more tournaments if they were more time convenient? Do you think we should have more for fun tournaments like the spooky cup we have going on right now?

I just have a bad schedule, most of my gaming time is late at night in the central timezone for us. gmt+...5? I'll look it up and have that number in my brain next time I talk about this. It's not the forums fault though, just my kooky schedule. I don't wanna commit to things if I don't think I can make it. Plus strictly speaking I do not own a computer right now, and my online devices do not like pokemon showdown so I'm console battle only.

(Oct 30, 2015, 03:28 PM)Naitre Wrote: What do you all think if we started doing more themed tournaments based around creativity instead of winning? Of course, congratulations to the winner, but we could create strange metagames that force peculiar teambuilding.

That all being said, this is a great idea. I love creating and getting involved in alt. metagames every once and a while.
This forum needs Eckley to be promoted to Moderator..

..oh wait he's a Mod now.

Alright then, everything is ok.
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:42 PM)GMX Wrote: This forum needs Eckley to be promoted to Moderator..

Give a week or so. WW3 is about to happen
(Oct 30, 2015, 05:58 PM)Eckley Wrote:
(Oct 30, 2015, 05:46 PM)naitre Wrote: What do you all think if we started doing more themed tournaments based around creativity instead of winning? Of course, congratulations to the winner, but we could create strange metagames that force peculiar teambuilding.

And just to elaborate, what kind of tournaments would you like? Themed ones such as Halloween and Christmas are relatively easy to do, but would you like more variety in the form of Triple Battles / Rotation battles etc. like Anime mentioned before? Ban certain Pokemon?

I vote for an Arbor Day Themed Tournament and for them all to be on showdown
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:46 PM)Eckley Wrote:
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:42 PM)GMX Wrote: This forum needs Eckley to be promoted to Moderator..

Give a week or so. WW3 is about to happen

Agent Eckley, your infiltration plan is still in progress, but i know that one day you'll be able to achieve our goal: we will finally claim the EUROPEAN HEGEMONY ON THIS FORUM.