Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] Comment or 1000 years of bad luck + Rogue punches you in the face.
Just wanted to drop by and tell everyone thank you once again <3 I appreciate all of your input and it's really helping me out!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
So I want to elaborate on one point I made in my previous post and its about the fine line between the replay and the forum. So for anyone who knows me in the community knows I used to be only on the replay and rarely on the forums. Now I am on both with equal time. Though each respected part (replay and forums) have their pros and cons. I feel like if we don't have them merge more there will be a even bigger gap between the normal's and the casuals in the community. Now I'm not saying that all forum members go to the replay and I'm not saying all replay go to the forums. I saying that we should weave people in both like how you weave a basket. The whole #TeamForum and #TeamReplay thing was always a stupid thing in my eyes, forcing people to join one or the other causing that line to become wider. To put a example behind this, if you ever seen the replay, you usually see regulars like me and a few other people. And most of the regulars are know on both sides of the community( one way or another). And with the forums you have those "star" members who help out whenever they can.Now you might be thinking " oh why would i want to go to the replay?" well you can talk to people in real time and get help on trading and evolving pokemon. Now people in the replay will be thinking " why would i go to the forums?" Well you can have question you have answered pretty quickly. And from this you balance out the negatives of each side and strengthen the community as whole. But the bottom line is for the community grow we need the line between the two different parts of the community to come closer.
A legend fallen from grace.
(Nov 1, 2015, 11:23 PM)Unit501 Wrote: So I want to elaborate on one point I made in my previous post and its about the fine line between the replay and the forum. So for anyone who knows me in the community knows I used to be only on the replay and rarely on the forums. Now I am on both with equal time. Though each respected part (replay and forums) have their pros and cons. I feel like if we don't have them merge more there will be a even bigger gap between the normal's and the casuals in the community. Now I'm not saying that all forum members go to the replay and I'm not saying all replay go to the forums. I saying that we should weave people in both like how you weave a basket. The whole #TeamForum and #TeamReplay thing was always a stupid thing in my eyes, forcing people to join one or the other causing that line to become wider. To put a example behind this, if you ever seen the replay, you usually see regulars like me and a few other people. And most of the regulars are know on both sides of the community( one way or another).  And with the forums you have those "star" members who help out whenever they can.Now you might be thinking " oh why would i want to go to the replay?" well you can talk to people in real time and get help on trading and evolving pokemon. Now people in the replay will be thinking " why would i go to the forums?" Well you can have question you have answered pretty quickly. And from this you balance out the negatives of each side and strengthen the community as whole. But the bottom line is for the community grow we need the line between the two different parts of the community to come closer.

this. THIS. THIIISSS.
I touched on this in my post but I couldn't have worded it better. Even stupid titles drive people apart in the stupidest of ways. We need to be a WHOLE community.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Nov 2, 2015, 03:16 PM)squeab Wrote:
(Nov 1, 2015, 11:23 PM)Unit501 Wrote: So I want to elaborate on one point I made in my previous post and its about the fine line between the replay and the forum. So for anyone who knows me in the community knows I used to be only on the replay and rarely on the forums. Now I am on both with equal time. Though each respected part (replay and forums) have their pros and cons. I feel like if we don't have them merge more there will be a even bigger gap between the normal's and the casuals in the community. Now I'm not saying that all forum members go to the replay and I'm not saying all replay go to the forums. I saying that we should weave people in both like how you weave a basket. The whole #TeamForum and #TeamReplay thing was always a stupid thing in my eyes, forcing people to join one or the other causing that line to become wider. To put a example behind this, if you ever seen the replay, you usually see regulars like me and a few other people. And most of the regulars are know on both sides of the community( one way or another).  And with the forums you have those "star" members who help out whenever they can.Now you might be thinking " oh why would i want to go to the replay?" well you can talk to people in real time and get help on trading and evolving pokemon. Now people in the replay will be thinking " why would i go to the forums?" Well you can have question you have answered pretty quickly. And from this you balance out the negatives of each side and strengthen the community as whole. But the bottom line is for the community grow we need the line between the two different parts of the community to come closer.

this. THIS. THIIISSS.
I touched on this in my post but I couldn't have worded it better. Even stupid titles drive people apart in the stupidest of ways. We need to be a WHOLE community.

the one reason why #TeamForeplay was created, but yea, i see your point
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Nov 2, 2015, 03:23 PM)Podfighterninja123 Wrote: the one reason why #TeamForeplay was created, but yea, i see your point

#TeamForeplay? I want in on that kappa

(don't mind my interruption, please carry on with your important concerns)
I was in the replay asmuch as i was the forum but i called myself teamforum for fun in tournaments and because i felt like this was my home to make better, but yeah i agree it kinda was a stupid idea that seperated people
I think one reason alot of people dont really go to the replay (or atleast people who are new) is because alot of people are just here for trade (if you see the total amount of threads in the trading section compared to all the others) and then there gone, never to be seen again, and its alot easier for people to trade on the forum, now i know there havent been many people on the replayas it used to be but i having more people in the replay and having them being able to trade with people could help, but i ont know if thats probable, we have to start by keeping people here in general and i think everything else will fall inplace, ofcourse some more i guess advertising from Justin would help also Wink
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I apologize for this question, but what is replay? I'm out of the loop but it sounds interesting
(Nov 2, 2015, 07:34 PM)Nimthiel Wrote: I apologize for this question, but what is replay? I'm out of the loop but it sounds interesting

TheReplayFlynn is a side twitch channel for Justin, He takes livestreams from TheJustinFlynn and streams play them there, while watching (or not watching) you chat, battle or trade with your friends. Alot of the forum members are usually on there, you can also click the chat button on the top of this forum Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Nov 2, 2015, 07:38 PM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2015, 07:34 PM)Nimthiel Wrote: I apologize for this question, but what is replay? I'm out of the loop but it sounds interesting

TheReplayFlynn is a side twitch channel for Justin, He takes livestreams from TheJustinFlynn and streams play them there, while watching (or not watching) you chat, battle or trade with your friends. Alot of the forum members are usually on there, you can also click the chat button on the top of this forum Smile

Thank you! Maybe I'll try it out sometime, especially if people from the forums are there  Smile  Don't see why there's resistance to merge more, but I hope for the best of the community and its future. Maybe it just needs time
I think some have overestimated the seriousness of "team forum" and "team replay". It was just a brief thing to have a bit of fun in one of Justin's tournaments, and was never intended to divide. Admittedly, I don't spend any time in the replay. But, that doesn't mean I have anything against it or the people who do use it.