Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] Comment or 1000 years of bad luck + Rogue punches you in the face.
SUDOWOODO
I keep coming back do to they many people here. From the different communities I seen, this one is more friendly communities. I have been stopping bye almost everyday now, almost on here then I'm with my real social life.

What i want for the forums is that for monster hunter become more of a thing. Being hyped for it and seeing the community drop it was heartbreaking. And we need more of the forum members in the replay. Kappa
A legend fallen from grace.
(Oct 30, 2015, 07:29 PM)Unit501 Wrote: I keep coming back do to they many people here. From the different communities I seen, this one is more friendly communities. I have been stopping bye almost everyday now, almost on here then I'm with my real social life.

What i want for the forums is that for monster hunter become more of a thing. Being hyped for it and seeing the community drop it was heartbreaking. And we need more of the forum members in the replay. Kappa

After a four month hiatus from [explative deleted] player interactions online I have just gotten back into the monster hunter today actually. I'm only high rank and have a couple more ranks to go to get to G but I'm down to play if we can link schedules.

Not to derail the thread...
Might as well give my own input about certain things about the forum we should want to improve the site better.

1. What keeps you coming to these forums?/What keeps you away?

Well for starters its the hospitality here probably one of the best compared with other sites though I thinks its partially because this is a relatively small community and almost every here knows each other. Every since I joined back almost a year now there has always been someone who have helped me out with either trades/competitive advice or praised something whether its was assisting them with certain mechanics of the game to positive responses from the individual Pokemon analysis I'm currently working on now. Honestly if it wasn't for me looking into this site (which was predominately VGC then) I'd wouldn't have evolved into a moderate double battler and make a switch over from single (currently I'm not interested in that format). As mentioned we should work on continuing to maintain trust between the regulars here and the other newcomers who are are mainly here for trading. Though its not a small thing, most of the people here are usually interested in making trades and seeking out certain Pokemon. The giveaways certainly helped boost the amount of people here though I'd think we need to keep the retention rate relatively high as well by hosting more tournaments (I'll get to that in a bit).

What has kept me away honestly has the been mostly just playing competitively to be have an idea of the VGC metagame and IRL stuff (mainly this for obvious reasons which I won't go in detail). Usually I'm working on other articles or threads on how to use a Pokemon in the VGC format so people can have an idea how to use them like most of the other VGC/Battle Spot Doubles players. I know Nugget Bridge (VGC) and Smogon (singles) are the de-facto areas where players can start competitively its somewhat rather intimidating to ask for some of their members for help as well. I know their staff and community members can help direct new people into the respective threads and forums whoever there are sometimes ....well just a small percentage people who act as either (insert here) or (insert here) to the newcomers for not knowing somethings that's rather obvious. So far I haven't seen anyone shame another newcomer here on the site or be cut-throat about being competitive. Most of the people here share a common interest in either Pokemon, Smash, or other Nintendo-based/Video Game franchises who want to have fun.

I know most of the staff members and regulars (well some of you guys) by now in which we usually are every messing around in designated threads. However people who openly talk down to others regarding lose/lack of knowledge, or just inherently joking around a sensitive issue concerning someone's problem shouldn't be tolerated. Same goes for people who are here to scam other like the "Giveaway" character back in January shouldn't be wasting everyone's time with a puzzle admitting their intentions. If anyone promised a trade to go through, don't be a jerk and take someone else's Pokemon and make multiple accounts here to repeat the same process. I know this is the mods job in rooting out these people though it annoys me a bit when someone malicious does this to others.

2. How do we make this place BETTER?

We for starters, I think we need more Pokemon articles (wink wink) in the forums to add more people with incoming internet traffic. The giveaways should continue on though I have a strange feeling it might decline because well...... (I guess I made my point though not his fault directly). Hosting tournaments other than VGC is another direction we could take so both old and new people can have an equal opportunity to have a chance and win. The No-Legends and Spooky Cup are excellent examples of having a featured formats like at least once per month. To the staff, I could help organize more tournaments here with a grand prize without a certain someone Rolleyes playingso newcomers can win in certain formats I'd advertise. Every once in a while we could host more serious tournaments either VGC or Smogon for the older members and staff can participate with a max off 16 or 32 people in single eliminations. For sure most people mentioned these suggestions as well as explain on other games / formats / pop culture / etc already so I won't elaborate further.
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:46 PM)Eckley Wrote:
(Oct 30, 2015, 06:42 PM)GMX Wrote: This forum needs Eckley to be promoted to Moderator..

..oh wait he's a Mod now.

Alright then, everything is ok.

Give a week or so. WW3 is about to happen

Is that a threat?!

I DECLARE WAR!
(Oct 30, 2015, 08:09 PM)Black117 Wrote: Might as well give my own input about certain things about the forum we should want to improve the site better.

1. What keeps you coming to these forums?/What keeps you away?

Well for starters its the hospitality here probably one of the best compared with other sites though I thinks its partially because this is a relatively small community and almost every here knows each other. Every since I joined back almost a year now there has always been someone who have helped me out with either trades/competitive advice or praised something whether its was assisting them with certain mechanics of the game to positive responses from the individual Pokemon analysis I'm currently working on now. Honestly if it wasn't for me looking into this site (which was predominately VGC then) I'd wouldn't have evolved into a moderate double battler and make a switch over from single (currently I'm not interested in that format). As mentioned we should work on continuing to maintain trust between the regulars here and the other newcomers who are are mainly here for trading. Though its not a small thing, most of the people here are usually interested in making trades and seeking out certain Pokemon. The giveaways certainly helped boost the amount of people here though I'd think we need to keep the retention rate relatively high as well by hosting more tournaments (I'll get to that in a bit).

What has kept me away honestly has the been mostly just playing competitively to be have an idea of the VGC metagame and IRL stuff (mainly this for obvious reasons which I won't go in detail). Usually I'm working on other articles or threads on how to use a Pokemon in the VGC format so people can have an idea how to use them like most of the other VGC/Battle Spot Doubles players. I know Nugget Bridge (VGC) and Smogon (singles) are the de-facto areas where players can start competitively its somewhat rather intimidating to ask for some of their members for help as well. I know their staff and community members can help direct new people into the respective threads and forums whoever there are sometimes ....well just a small percentage people who act as either (insert here) or (insert here) to the newcomers for not knowing somethings that's rather obvious. So far I haven't seen anyone shame another newcomer here on the site or be cut-throat about being competitive. Most of the people here share a common interest in either Pokemon, Smash, or other Nintendo-based/Video Game franchises who want to have fun.

I know most of the staff members and regulars (well some of you guys) by now in which we usually are every messing around in designated threads. However people who openly talk down to others regarding lose/lack of knowledge, or just inherently joking around a sensitive issue concerning someone's problem shouldn't be tolerated. Same goes for people who are here to scam other like the "Giveaway" character back in January shouldn't be wasting everyone's time with a puzzle admitting their intentions. If anyone promised a trade to go through, don't be a jerk and take someone else's Pokemon and make multiple accounts here to repeat the same process. I know this is the mods job in rooting out these people though it annoys me a bit when someone malicious does this to others.

2. How do we make this place BETTER?

We for starters, I think we need more Pokemon articles (wink wink) in the forums to add more people with incoming internet traffic. The giveaways should continue on though I have a strange feeling it might decline because well...... (I guess I made my point though not his fault directly). Hosting tournaments other than VGC is another direction we could take so both old and new people can have an equal opportunity to have a chance and win. The No-Legends and Spooky Cup are excellent examples of having a featured formats like at least once per month. To the staff, I could help organize more tournaments here with a grand prize without a certain someone Rolleyes playingso newcomers can win in certain formats I'd advertise. Every once in a while we could host more serious tournaments either VGC or Smogon for the older members and staff can participate with a max off 16 or 32 people in single eliminations. For sure most people mentioned these suggestions as well as explain on other games / formats / pop culture / etc already so I won't elaborate further.

Thank you SO much Black!
This helps a lot, and I definitely agree. Especially on the cutting down on people who are being outright rude to members of a lesser skill level; The mods and I have discussed that recently and discipline commitey Rogue is on the case [:

Thanks to everyone else too! I'm too lazy to quote everyone thats commented but seriously, ive read every single thing posted in here so far and will continue to do so. You all are the bestest <3
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Oct 30, 2015, 05:58 PM)Eckley Wrote:
(Oct 30, 2015, 05:46 PM)naitre Wrote: What do you all think if we started doing more themed tournaments based around creativity instead of winning? Of course, congratulations to the winner, but we could create strange metagames that force peculiar teambuilding.

And just to elaborate, what kind of tournaments would you like? Themed ones such as Halloween and Christmas are relatively easy to do, but would you like more variety in the form of Triple Battles / Rotation battles etc. like Anime mentioned before? Ban certain Pokemon?

Christmas themed tournament incoming, gg no re, no one gets anything, you just act like Santa and win
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Completely guilty of both of these things but willing to change) Something that keeps me coming to the forum is the communities unwillingness to read, and their ability to ruin posts. The second one is funny from time to time, but people need to learn when and when not to do it. (Not talking bout eckley or pk, one of you is great the other is terrible.) And about the reading thing, I know there's nothing to do about it, but it's just really discouraging when I get questions I've already answered.
And I totally agree with all this tournament talk, but why limit it to Pokemon? Let's have some smash tournaments I can lose at.

My brain works to slow for my own good, but I thought of another thing.

There's a lot of separation in this community, whether it be this site and others, what meta people play, or even #teamreplay and #teamforum. I know the teams thing is a joke, but the lack of forum people at replay and the lack of replay people here is pretty lame. We should just be #teamthosepeopleprettymediocreatpokemon.

I can't really propose a solution to hostility between this community and others, but we should all do our best to lessen that gap.

And the whole Smogon vs VGC thing is silly. They're both fun, and you liking one over the other doesn't make it better. The best meta is Rotation Little Cup, we all know this. We need to have tournaments of both, be all inclusive. And if you don't want to participate? That's fine, don't start anything though.

Sorry if some of these don't make sense, I'm really tired, but I don't want to forget either.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
To be completely honest, the reason I keep coming back to the forums because you guys entertain me. Whenever a thread starts getting destroyed with funny stuff I just die of laughter. Also, you guys are like a second family and yall care about me <3 Tournaments are really fun as well.

The only thing that (at the time) kept me away was Justin not being present for a while he had the health problems :/

New things that could be added is a Fire Emblem Thread! Fates is coming out soon and I think it'd be nice to talk about Emblem stuff Kappa
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
What I love about this forum is the community. For years I've always wanted to join one and talk to people about what we all here love,  but I've always been intimidated by people online. I was always a lurker and found myself reading new and old threads on various things, and what I saw kept me away from ever joining. On sites like serebii, marriland, and smogon, I would see threads get out of hand in really unnecessary ways, such as putting people down for their opinions or lack of knowledge (not to mention egos trying to best each other). I finally decided to check this site out after hearing about it from Justin for so long, and I decided to try. You guys are so nice and care about each other, it puts me at ease know that this is a safe environment compared to the bigger sites. Also its not just battling, but breeding as well among other things! As an avid breeder who loves what they do, its so awesome being able to express that love with other breeders; I don't have to be completely invested in competitive battling to have a good time. Also I feel that if I decided to ask for help or contribute to a competitive discussion, I wouldn't be shut down and you guys would assist me nicely. I always look forward to coming on and making new friends, and participating in giveaways (both receiving and collaborating with others to lend a hand). I appreciate every one of you and feel at home here, it may be small but that's not a bad thing when the quality is so great  Smile  The only thing that keeps me from coming online is really just lack of time, or if I'm on a hiatus from pokemon (which I'm just coming back from Wink ). Really there's nothing I could think of that could improve my experience.