Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Insane Xatu Strategy
I have a CRAZY Xatu strategy that no one was prepared for when I Brought to it OU Matches in pokemon.

Moves:Confuse Ray, Calm Mind, Air Slash/Stored Power, Roost
Ability: Hasty/Calm
EV: 252 Def. 252 HP. Or 252 Sp.d 252 HP ((Works either Way))
Item: Sitrus Berry
How to use: You should Always lead with the Confuse Ray ((Pray for your opponent to hit himself)) then just start spamming Calm Minds, after you get up 5+ Calm minds then you can roost or Go for Air Slash/Stored Power.
http://youtu.be/g4CgXRLYc0k I shared this with Verlis and this is his response
I love verlis and that strategy is the best!

(Apr 15, 2015, 07:16 PM)beastmoose Wrote: I love verlis and that strategy is the best!
Thanks <3
good set Smile
How would this set work against physical attackers that are strong against Xatu?
[Insert signature here]
(Apr 16, 2015, 02:06 PM)Marcusube Wrote: How would this set work against physical attackers that are strong against Xatu?

The thing is, it's a special wall so I typically have to have a Physical Wall.
not for nothing if you got the set from Verlis it isnt going to be good. Now dont get it wrong im not telling you who to watch and take strategies from, but listening to him is NOT a good idea. This set relies on hax way too much and you have nothing to counter Dark, Steel, or Rock types. Plus physical attackers are going to eat this thing alive.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
For once I actually have to agree with mudkiplegend. this is a good strategy BUT this isn't the only thing xatu can do.i have an all out attack one with assault vest.
Xatu@assault vest
Nature:adamant/jolly/bold/impish
Moves
-grass knot(for the rock types)
-dazzling gleam(dark types)
-heat wave(steel type)
-shadow ball/signal beam/sucker punch
I agree with MudkipLegend that this Xatu set relies heavily on setup considering both Steel, Dark, and to an extent Ghost types threaten it. Just relying on confusion alone for setup just makes this set pretty bad considering the fact people can just switch out. I know that I haven't played with Smogon tiers lately but honestly nearly every OU and UU mon can threaten this set and worse, counter setup against you. Of course players will play around if this Xatu set has Magic Bounce or status but once they know the set, well the gimmick is gone.