Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! SIGNUPS [SEASON 2 SOON]
I'm not saying that I'm just saying the teams need to me more diverse because I wanted to change up teams but whatever team I would have made I could not win against some of the teams I faced with out the op team I had so even if I wanted to switch it up I could not because I would most likely lose if I did not put at least 3 Pokemon that are considered in the meta right now on my team
(Mar 16, 2015, 05:08 PM)rthorne1880 Wrote: I'm not saying that I'm just saying the teams need to me more diverse because I wanted to change up teams but whatever team I would have made I could not win against some of the teams I faced with out the op team I had so even if I wanted to switch it up I could not because I would most likely lose if I did not put at least 3 Pokemon that are considered in the meta right now on my team

yeah but if you constantly faced the same "meta" pokemon over and over, then build a team that beats what you see all the time.
I had no issues facing my opponents. Even though my team doesnt have the best record in the tournament, I have only lost 1 match myself. Just gotta know what to expect and build around it
I have only lost one to but that's not what I'm saying I have a solid team to beat those Pokemon what I'm saying is this is suppose to bring diversity to teams and I have seen basically the same Pokemon I always see have not really seen anything I have not faced before and I love this idea I was behind it the whole time bringing a team aspect to Pokemon is Ahmazing and I want it to go on I will do it until Mitch and tygaa decide its to much of a hassle when people don't show up and I think a lot of that is there losing or just get really busy with irl stuff but I wana see more Pokemon in this like Arbok weezing Pokemon you don't see comp built that's why I love Pokemon so much because there are so many diverse ways to build a team but no matter who you put on your team If you only have one op meta Pokemon and they have 3 or 4 unless they make bad switches you are at a big disadvantage all I am saying is I would like to see more of a diversity of Pokemon
what could be an option, for a future season maybe, is being able to only use a pokemon once for the whole season. But that would mean that each team would need to submit a writen team list each week to a judge. So that way if you want to use an OP team one week, you cant for the rest of the server. That way you pick and choose which pokemon to use and when.
ya that could work but like they said this is season 1 and season 2 is going to be alot better i think
Rthorne thats very difficult, i agree with you and i love to use unique pokemon but people are gonna bring what they want to and unless we ban the top 20 most common pokemon its not gonna change, that just how it goes, again i know how you fell but theres not alot we can do to change it.

and Vex, the problem i see with your suggestion is "what is an over powered team", a perish-trap team could be over powered, a team with mega kang on it could be over powered, you see what i mean theres no exact way to determine the power of a team until you finally see it in battle
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I think the restrictions implemented here are more than enough already to make some diverse teams. Maybe you'll get unlucky and get a Op team like Kang, Sylveon, Lando, Rotom-W, Cresselia, or Heatran but that means their teammates cannot utilize any of these mons and will forced to use other options. Beside its still a competition in the first place so expect people to use the most optimal Pokemon for VGC.
i understand this but it gets boring bringing the same team over and over and over because i know it has the type spread for every single pokemon that is used and i tried to change my team up once and got smashed because i did not bring overly used pokemon i brought some unique ones and even though i still had the type spread they were not fast nore strong enough to one shot and could not last long enough to dish out enough damage
(Mar 16, 2015, 06:12 PM)rthorne1880 Wrote: i understand this but it gets boring bringing the same team over and over and over because i know it has the type spread for every single pokemon that is used and i tried to change my team up once and got smashed because i did not bring overly used pokemon i brought some unique ones and even though i still had the type spread they were not fast nore strong enough to one shot and could not last long enough to dish out enough damage

i dont know what to say then, what i usally like to do when building a team is have 4 really common pokemon and 2 unique pokemon so i still have to needed power to win, the meta game is a wierd thing :P, there was a time were i only used UU pokemon (i accidently used a Mega-Pinsir because i didnt know he was OU) and i wasnt winning a lot of battles, yeah i know im trying to have fun but i really wanted to show the community that i was a good battler, and im having fun, all i can say is just try to balance out your team so you can have fun and win at the same time Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Mar 16, 2015, 05:08 PM)rthorne1880 Wrote: I'm not saying that I'm just saying the teams need to me more diverse because I wanted to change up teams but whatever team I would have made I could not win against some of the teams I faced with out the op team I had so even if I wanted to switch it up I could not because I would most likely lose if I did not put at least 3 Pokemon that are considered in the meta right now on my team
Honestly the way we had it before made battles very different and interesting even if the top Pokemon were still used