Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! SIGNUPS [SEASON 2 SOON]
Thank you for all suggestions. We will release new information, judges, and have more idea sessions in the future.
Here's some questions and some possible suggestions (from me) which should be address before the start of the next season. Some of them have been mentioned already so I'm just going to list them out again.
  1. What will happen to the results of the Season 1 of the Triple Team Tourney?
  2. Should we place any additional rules and regulations regarding new people to enter for next season? (Ex. Have a certain amount of posts but not from this thread or the Team Finder thread) or people with at least +1 reps). -Black117
  3. Should we start playoffs with the last remaining teams and then go to Season 2?
  4. What would happen to certain inactive teams or participates?
  5. Will there be any additional scrutiny in teambuilding- Rthorn
  6. How many people/teams are still left?

I'll probably update as we progress.
(Mar 16, 2015, 10:30 PM)Black117 Wrote: Here's some questions and some possible suggestions (from me) which should be address before the start of the next season. Some of them have been mentioned already so I'm just going to list them out again.
  1. What will happen to the results of the Season 1 of the Triple Team Tourney?
  2. Should we place any additional rules and regulations regarding new people to enter for next season? (Ex. Have a certain amount of posts but not from this thread or the Team Finder thread) or people with at least +1 reps). -Black117
  3. Should we start playoffs with the last remaining teams and then go to Season 2?
  4. What would happen to certain inactive teams or participates?
  5. Will there be any additional scrutiny in teambuilding- Rthorn
  6. How many people/teams are still left?

I'll probably update as we progress.
Season 2 results may have to be judged on record considering how many teams have left. I feel like just ending it here would not be a problem. I'll have to see. Inactive teams will be kicked, we can't have that this season. We dI'd not check teams because we told people to save the battle codes but nobody did. There are about 4 teams that were reporting every week so I'd say around 5 were still interested. Team building is that anyone can join but if they don't participate they will be kicked.
(Mar 16, 2015, 02:01 AM)Black117 Wrote: I'm gonna bump this thread so that everyone notices what's been going on lately.

It's a shame we have to put Dodrio Cup under hiatus since I actually like the idea of having teams sanction respective Pokemon to each person just to create a bit more diversity with their matches. That's said, I think what Mitch said yesterday underscores a bigger issue in regards to the lack of people taking this somewhat seriously. I'm sure as all of you guys notice that we have been getting less people visiting the site including out some of out members here. To be frank, I haven't seen some of participates online for several days or even weeks now and it goes to prove two things. 1) There's definitely a lost of interest due to the lack of website involvement here and 2) longer tournaments will eventually lead to dropouts, which I expected somewhat. I think with a bit of restructuring, the Dodrio Cup can comeback stronger than ever but the only problem is the first point I mentioned. There hasn't been much activity lately in the site which can correlate to why some participates may have lost interest. I'm not blaming anyone for this issue but I think it is in their best interest to spur back activity here again whether its it trading, battling, discussions, sharing insight or hosting tourneys. Honestly I understand that everyone has our real life obligations and priorities, but in the end of the day we need to reinvigorate this group more than ever.

Now let me address the second point. To be honest, I am totally fine with Mitch and Tyga organizing cutting the time of the tourney from 8 weeks to 6 weeks since again we might lose more people here again. If any of you participated in the our online tourneys every now and then, you'll definitely notice people left the tournaments because they felt there wasn't any chance of of winning a high standing. Next I know this might sound like a very unpopular decision but I think for this first full season only, we should only have people who have been participating here actively. My main concern is that if we get inactive players here and the second season will suffer a repeat like the first. We should implement a some minimum restrictions like such as having at least 1 point in their reputations or something similar to participate. Again it's just a suggestion but I pretty sure everyone is going to drop this idea immediately.

If you guys want, I can help out with the reorganization and be a judge since I'm online most of the time here. I really want to help the community grow and seeing this is one of my opportunity to help out here more actively.

It's tough to bring the community together when I haven't been able to stream due to a few different hindrances. Overall I'd say there's a general drop off with Pokemon as a whole as well. There's been so many new and good games over the last 6 months it was bound to happen. From attempting these things via stream or through the site I realized that catering to the masses is a giant headache because a lot of people can't seem to stay on track without assistance.

That being said, I have no solutions at the moment. However, as stated in my previous post, Maybe a Skype group with team captains will help keep everyone on their toes.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Mar 16, 2015, 06:00 PM)Vexian Wrote: what could be an option, for a future season maybe, is being able to only use a pokemon once for the whole season. But that would mean that each team would need to submit a writen team list each week to a judge. So that way if you want to use an OP team one week, you cant for the rest of the server. That way you pick and choose which pokemon to use and when.

I literally cannot breed so unless someone is able to do it for me, I cannot fuffill this requirement.
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
(Mar 17, 2015, 05:17 AM)Justin Wrote:
(Mar 16, 2015, 02:01 AM)Black117 Wrote: I'm gonna bump this thread so that everyone notices what's been going on lately.

It's a shame we have to put Dodrio Cup under hiatus since I actually like the idea of having teams sanction respective Pokemon to each person just to create a bit more diversity with their matches. That's said, I think what Mitch said yesterday underscores a bigger issue in regards to the lack of people taking this somewhat seriously. I'm sure as all of you guys notice that we have been getting less people visiting the site including out some of out members here. To be frank, I haven't seen some of participates online for several days or even weeks now and it goes to prove two things. 1) There's definitely a lost of interest due to the lack of website involvement here and 2) longer tournaments will eventually lead to dropouts, which I expected somewhat. I think with a bit of restructuring, the Dodrio Cup can comeback stronger than ever but the only problem is the first point I mentioned. There hasn't been much activity lately in the site which can correlate to why some participates may have lost interest. I'm not blaming anyone for this issue but I think it is in their best interest to spur back activity here again whether its it trading, battling, discussions, sharing insight or hosting tourneys. Honestly I understand that everyone has our real life obligations and priorities, but in the end of the day we need to reinvigorate this group more than ever.

Now let me address the second point. To be honest, I am totally fine with Mitch and Tyga organizing cutting the time of the tourney from 8 weeks to 6 weeks since again we might lose more people here again. If any of you participated in the our online tourneys every now and then, you'll definitely notice people left the tournaments because they felt there wasn't any chance of of winning a high standing. Next I know this might sound like a very unpopular decision but I think for this first full season only, we should only have people who have been participating here actively. My main concern is that if we get inactive players here and the second season will suffer a repeat like the first. We should implement a some minimum restrictions like such as having at least 1 point in their reputations or something similar to participate. Again it's just a suggestion but I pretty sure everyone is going to drop this idea immediately.

If you guys want, I can help out with the reorganization and be a judge since I'm online most of the time here. I really want to help the community grow and seeing this is one of my opportunity to help out here more actively.

It's tough to bring the community together when I haven't been able to stream due to a few different hindrances. Overall I'd say there's a general drop off with Pokemon as a whole as well. There's been so many new and good games over the last 6 months it was bound to happen. From attempting these things via stream or through the site I realized that catering to the masses is a giant headache because a lot of people can't seem to stay on track without assistance.

That being said, I have no solutions at the moment. However, as stated in my previous post, Maybe a Skype group with team captains will help keep everyone on their toes.
Tygaa and I were talking regularly as judges and teammates but the lack of communication between teammates was real.
UPDATE: We are working hard to get season 2 underway! We are hoping bythe second week of April. I'd assume when summer comes around alot of people will be available and even now more people are becoming available and wanting to play again
Well that's good to hear there Mitch though I think we should have a team limit of around 8 teams this time around since we have far less people active than maybe two months ago.
(Mar 29, 2015, 07:14 PM)Black117 Wrote: Well that's good to hear there Mitch though I think we should have a team limit of around 8 teams this time around since we have far less people active than maybe two months ago.
We'll see how many people wanna join I guess
Skype could work :/ But not everyone has it :p or has a mic