Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Mega Sceptile and Gyarados
So Mega Sceptile has the lightning rod ability which is a big help for Gyarados in double battles.  I'd like to know how to use them both to their full potential. Any ideas on moves, EV's etc.? All suggestions are greatly appreciated Smile
As far as Mega Sceptile goes, I run mine with a modest nature, 252 Special Attack, 196 Speed EVs, and 60 HP EVs. You'll end up outspeeding the likes of maximum invested, positive natured Mega Salamence, and soaking up maybe an extra hit. Unfortunately, there's really no outspeeding Mega Aerodactyl or Talonflame, and both of them will ruin your day if your Gyarados happens to be fainted. The 60 HP EVs are mostly there to sponge up smaller attacks, as Sceptile isn't usually bulky enough to tank hits of any sort. But it does allow you to soak up an extra Icy Wind from some common Cresselia, which could mean the world of difference.

Moves: Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Leaf Storm, Protect

Feel free to edit the moves as you see fit, but that pool allows me to one-shot a large portion of the current metagame, save for the tankiest of foes. However, it does force me to have to swap when my SpAtk drops too low, which can happen pretty quickly. I haven't figured out which Hidden Power is most effective, but HP Rock usually works for me against the likes of Mega Charizard Y. And while his Attack stats aren't incredible, they aren't anything to ignore either, so some experimenting could be done there. Protect is obligatory, though, for safe mega evolution and disruption.

Personally, I haven't played around with him enough to really master him, but he's the ultimate mega glass cannon in my eyes. As for Gyarados, I'm not so sure. I've little experience with it, but he seems like an awesome partner to help combat the likes of Mega Aerodactyl or Talonflame.
(Jan 16, 2015, 08:06 PM)SiegfriedWylder Wrote: As far as Mega Sceptile goes, I run mine with a modest nature, 252 Special Attack, 196 Speed EVs, and 60 HP EVs.  You'll end up outspeeding the likes of maximum invested, positive natured Mega Salamence, and soaking up maybe an extra hit.  Unfortunately, there's really no outspeeding Mega Aerodactyl or Talonflame, and both of them will ruin your day if your Gyarados happens to be fainted.  The 60 HP EVs are mostly there to sponge up smaller attacks, as Sceptile isn't usually bulky enough to tank hits of any sort.  But it does allow you to soak up an extra Icy Wind from some common Cresselia, which could mean the world of difference.

Moves:  Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Leaf Storm, Protect

Feel free to edit the moves as you see fit, but that pool allows me to one-shot a large portion of the current metagame, save for the tankiest of foes.  However, it does force me to have to swap when my SpAtk drops too low, which can happen pretty quickly.  I haven't figured out which Hidden Power is most effective, but HP Rock usually works for me against the likes of Mega Charizard Y.  And while his Attack stats aren't incredible, they aren't anything to ignore either, so some experimenting could be done there.  Protect is obligatory, though, for safe mega evolution and disruption.

Personally, I haven't played around with him enough to really master him, but he's the ultimate mega glass cannon in my eyes.  As for Gyarados, I'm not so sure.  I've little experience with it, but he seems like an awesome partner to help combat the likes of Mega Aerodactyl or Talonflame.

Hey thanks for the help! :D
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 50
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Protect
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate