8 88.89%
No...
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

My First Full Year on PokémonForever!
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and one year ago today, I made my PokémonForever account!

I can't believe it's already been a year since I first joined the site. Time goes by super fast. I met my partner, graduated college, I got fired from one job, got rehired at another, made a little post about Emolga, became a Kahuna, and now I'm preparing for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon with a surprisingly dedicated group of readers. Thank you all so much for the support over the last 365 days, and I hope that this first year certainly isn't the last!

There isn't a lot I'd like to say beyond that, only that I'd like to remark on some of the milestones that brought me to this point. The oldest post I can access is from September of 2016 when I was looking for a reliable breeding partner for all Masuda Method endeavors.

That old post → (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-LOOKING...en-Espanol)

That was also the post where the good people found out that I had a working proficiency in Spanish. Speaking of which, I've not had to use it since. I'm always looking for a Spanish speaking partner so I don't gradually lose it. Following that, the next big post I made was about Shiny hunting the starters at the beginning of Sun and Moon.

That post → (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-SUN-MOO...ters-Gen-7)

Clearly no one cared about that post, as even today, it still doesn't have any comments. But no, the one everyone cared about was that post I made about Emolga in January after I realized that Tapu Koko was swarming the metagame. Link to the original Emolga post here. I'm not going to go into that. It's been beaten to death so many times already. As of now, that post has 4,200+ views. So again, thank you so much for that everyone!
Big Grin

Shortly after that post was made, I started doing posts more and more frequently. Eventually, I was doing it twice and week. The following week was also the birth of my very popular "All Our Favorite" series, which to this day has four entries. In chronological order, there's Fossil Pokémon, Dragon-Types, Dark-Types, and most recently Alolan Forms! I know I promised a fifth entry today, but I couldn't pass up the chance to make an anniversary post! "All Our Favorite Shadow Pokémon" will be posted on Wednesday instead.

Other interesting discussions I've posted:
Which Region Do You Call Home? - wih 0kamii
The 5 Easiest Hard Battles in Pokémon!
The Coolest Unmade Pokémon! - with 0kamii
0kamii's Top 5 Shiny Hunting Pokémon!

Those were some of my favorite posts to write, and I hope to post a lot more in the future! I also hope to have the same enthusiasm for all of them that these other posts have received. I have a new series I want to introduce soon, as well as continuing to analyze frankly unconventional mons for VGC next year. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to actually battle everyone instead of just offering and no one accepting it. That was kind of a bummer.

In short, thanks again everyone! I've really come a long way! Here's to what's next.

Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Heyo 0kamii!

Glad about your account year milestone! Hope ya continue to make great posts about competitive play! (even though im casual)
The "All our Favorite X" was honestly a good idea, did anything inspire you to make it?
oh no now this is an interview
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Big Grin
@TimeTwist

Glad you enjoy the content, TimeTwist. I'm actually thinking of creating a YouTube channel to accompany my PokémonForever account. LittleFoxS suggested the idea. So I'm toying around with that. I'll keep everyone updated.

@Reis

Nothing in particular really. I just thought, "Hey, I love Fossil Pokémon. I wonder who else loves Fossil Pokémon?" Then I saw it got 1,000+ views and I was like, "Huh, I guess a lot of people." So I just kept going with it after that. I like that series a lot because it's really casual and commentors are free to be completely open with their opinions and we can come together as a community just to talk about what we love. I always try and spread some positivity with everyone post.

@bambam081890

Thanks a lot, bambam. Glad to see you came out! Thank you for the continued support. Big Grin

- 0kamii

Wow, sounds like this has been some year for you Smile .  Congrates on the first year and I hope that this won't be the last.
Mawr
@0kamii yea, you should make a youtube account!
Super late with this but CONGRATULATION ON 1 YEAR Big Grin you've built up quite the reputation for yourself in that year and i always look forward to your next post and i agree with @TimeTwist you should definitely make a YouTube Channel.

As always i await patiently forthe next post Big Grin
[Image: tumblr_n7lb77lwGO1sozv4xo1_500.gif]
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
@FireTaco

Thanks, FireTaco! This most certainly won't be my last year on PokémonForever. As long as you all keep on reading, I'll keep writing. It's fun to get involved in the Pokémon Community like this. Wink

@TimeTwist @Sharkfang2193

If you both seem to think it's a good idea, then I'll definitely put some serious thought into it. I don't know how to edit videos, nor do I have a proper microphone or anything, but if you think it's a good idea, then I should certainly think it over. Glad to know I've got some support. Big Grin

P.S. Sharkfang, that's an adorable little gif. Wink

Congrats!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!