Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEWS] Pokemon Sun and Moon
Today, this trailer was released by Nintendo

Seems to be some new Sun and Moon info, I don't want to spoil it myself, just watch the video and you'll see.

What are some people's thoughts on this?
Boy, do I have plenty to say here! I'll spoiler it to save you the troubles

Forms: I get the Exeggutor form, as it's a tropical island, but what the heck is with the ice forms? Like I said: TROPICAL ISLAND! It makes no sense for there to be ice forms. Plus, the only one that looks cool is Alola Ninetales

That bird thing: Burmy, Wormadam, the butterfly that looks like a Poke Ball if you're lucky, and now this. At least this thing has a uniqueness to each form. Not that I like it anyways

The floating rock: why

Gumshoos: I am 100% certain it was named after a certain detective

The mantises: Fomantis is kinda cute, but the evolution looks like the Kricketune of gen VII. I'll admit, though, Solar Blade look amazing. I really hope its stats line up with its anim though - I don't want to see the opposite of Judgement

Mudbray: its formerly-revealed evolution was already a boring concept, but this thing is just a mule. It even sounds like one. In addition, c'mn devs! The gen VI multi-attack anims were stupid and you didn't think to change them? "Oh we wanted to save the player the time it'd take to view the animation 5 times in a row" they could theoretically say, but if I didn't want to see an anim, I'd disable it in the settings. GRR!

Riding Pokemon: I'll admit - definitely a step up from Kalos' two-three times you could do that. But we'll have to see just how often this is used. Don't fail me devs!

The trial whatever: meh, idrc. If this replaces the gym/E4 system (I can't quite tell) then I'll be happy

Mallow: looks like the Lisia of gen VII. I'm OK with this

Lana/Sophocles/Kiawe: meh

Totem Pokemon: neat concept. Let's see where it goes

Z-Moves: WUNDRWEAPON IS MORE THAN VERY OK WITH THIS!!!!
-----
Overall: Sounds pretty good so far. I still don't have enough data to sell it to me yet, but they've got a few months - let's see where they take it
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
@naitre 

[Image: 13891801_1145185865519535_53056256975498...e92f275539]
Am I the only one who think Gumshoo doesn't help with the "Donald Trump" references?!?! Lol xD

OMG though! So hyped about the Alola Forms! Vulpix/Ninetales stole my heart, but Sandslash/Sandshrew were like, forgotten pokemon (to me at least) that really look bomb with that new coat of paint.

Exxecutor though... I wish they could have gone back to the drawing board for that one  Sad
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
@naitre obviously
(Aug 1, 2016, 09:05 AM)wundrweapon Wrote: Boy, do I have plenty to say here! I'll spoiler it to save you the troubles

Forms: I get the Exeggutor form, as it's a tropical island, but what the heck is with the ice forms? Like I said: TROPICAL ISLAND! It makes no sense for there to be ice forms. Plus, the only one that looks cool is Alola Ninetales

That bird thing: Burmy, Wormadam, the butterfly that looks like a Poke Ball if you're lucky, and now this. At least this thing has a uniqueness to each form. Not that I like it anyways

The floating rock: why

Gumshoos: I am 100% certain it was named after a certain detective

The mantises: Fomantis is kinda cute, but the evolution looks like the Kricketune of gen VII. I'll admit, though, Solar Blade look amazing. I really hope its stats line up with its anim though - I don't want to see the opposite of Judgement

Mudbray: its formerly-revealed evolution was already a boring concept, but this thing is just a mule. It even sounds like one. In addition, c'mn devs! The gen VI multi-attack anims were stupid and you didn't think to change them? "Oh we wanted to save the player the time it'd take to view the animation 5 times in a row" they could theoretically say, but if I didn't want to see an anim, I'd disable it in the settings. GRR!

Riding Pokemon: I'll admit - definitely a step up from Kalos' two-three times you could do that. But we'll have to see just how often this is used. Don't fail me devs!

The trial whatever: meh, idrc. If this replaces the gym/E4 system (I can't quite tell) then I'll be happy

Mallow: looks like the Lisia of gen VII. I'm OK with this

Lana/Sophocles/Kiawe: meh

Totem Pokemon: neat concept. Let's see where it goes

Z-Moves: WUNDRWEAPON IS MORE THAN VERY OK WITH THIS!!!!
-----
Overall: Sounds pretty good so far. I still don't have enough data to sell it to me yet, but they've got a few months - let's see where they take it

I dont know how to create a spoiler tab
Can't wait to see all the Delta Spec... I Mean Alola Eeveelutions 

TCPi and Game Freak surely shock up the entire Pokemon Community today by announcing all these new form changes, exclusive moves, new mons, and a completely different storyline (well sorta). Honesty can't comprehend alll this information, except probably the new forms for old Pokemon. While this isn't confirmed, I really hope Alola Ninetales has Snow Warning like its counterpart has Drought for its HA so it can spam Blizzards.

Whoever came up with the new Pokemon designs for Vulpix, Sandshrew, Ninetales, and Sandslash surely kept the original concepts when they were thinking how to make it correspond to the new typing. Don't really care about any other news aside the idea we might get different types for the same Pokemon, which honeslty should have happen sooner.
SPOILER

I personally think that alola is a gen 6.5 because of the whole island challenge thing. It is very similar to the orange islands in the anime because of only having four gyms in each. I also think mega evolutions will not be returning.
@Ggirl163 I believe you may be right... unless the speculations about going back to Kalos are right... which I hope they are <3
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
@Black117 

There are not going to be new eeveelotions because at e3 there went into eevees pokedex entrie and showed eight pokeballs which means eight evolutions which means no moree eeveelutions but maybe the eeveelutions will get new forms