Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Need advise for my Festive Feud team!
Hello PokémonForever!
As you may know, tomorrow marks the start of the Festive Feud battle competition.
If you don't know what that's about, basically it's a triple battle competition where only red, green and white pokémon are allowed to battle.
I'm planning to enter but I need help on building my team, this is what I have so far:

Team No. 01 - Rain
Politoed (Green) - Drizzle, Ice Beam to counter available grass types.
Ludicolo (Green) - Swift Swim sweeper.
Cradily (Green) - Rain support.
Rotom Wash (Red) - Talonflame counter.

I was thinking about this rain team as politoed, ludicolo and cradily are available as green pokémon, but I need your help with the rest.
If you think I should remove one of the previously listed pokémon, please go ahead and tell me, nothing is set in stone.
Thank you very much!

-Chafas
Scizor (and by extension Mega Scizor) tend to do well with Rain nerfing its only weakness while providing valuable Priority and a means of safely switching your rain sweepers into play. Your team only has 1 flying-type resist and with the threat presented by Talonflame and/or Rain-boosted Hurricanes, I'd suggest a rock or steel type that's not going to give you an additional Grass, Water or Fire weakness in the process. Best I found that fits the bill is Tyrantrum, who also has the advantage of providing an extra Dragon counter.
-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
(Dec 2, 2015, 11:48 AM)sandragon13 Wrote: Scizor (and by extension Mega Scizor) tend to do well with Rain nerfing its only weakness while providing valuable Priority and a means of safely switching your rain sweepers into play. Your team only has 1 flying-type resist and with the threat presented by Talonflame and/or Rain-boosted Hurricanes, I'd suggest a rock or steel type that's not going to give you an additional Grass, Water or Fire weakness in the process. Best I found that fits the bill is Tyrantrum, who also has the advantage of providing an extra Dragon counter.
    -sandragon13

Thank you for the suggestions, I think tyranitar would be a good addition, sand could help out chipping away damage and finishing off a focus sash holder. I'll add him to the team and try it out in showdown. Tyrantrum is one of my all time favorite pokémon, when I read your suggestion I was skeptical because he's a very weak pokémon, especially considering his rock typing. But the fact that he is a dragon counter is really good, and I'll definitely try him out in showdown.
As for mega scizor, I really liked that idea too. I need a mega on the team and scizor seems to fit the bill perfectly, as you said, it helps covering my team's weaknesses. I'll add him too.
Thank you very much (again).

-Chafas
I might be running Gardevoir(Green/White), Gallade(also Green/White), Blaziken (Red), Venasaur (green), Sylveon (its main color is white), and lastly a Latios (Red/White). Is it a good team or not? I'm asking on here because you guys seem to know a bit more than I do.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
(Dec 2, 2015, 01:44 PM)pritchman227 Wrote: I might be running Gardevoir(Green/White), Gallade(also Green/White), Blaziken (Red), Venasaur (green), Sylveon (its main color is white), and lastly a Latios (Red/White). Is it a good team or not? I'm asking on here because you guys seem to know a bit more than I do.

Maybe you should try building your team around a strategy, like I am building mine around rain. Some popular triple battle strategies are: rain, sun, trick room, tailwind and sometimes sand. Your team is not made up of slow pokémon, so trick room may be out of the question. Speed boost blaziken will be too fast anyway, so tailwind is kind of useless too. Maybe you could add a tyranitar but remember it's a triple battle, so sand would hit your other team members if you don't use an item like safety goggles. Play around with these additional effects and strategies until you find something you're comfortable with. Showdown is great for testing out strategies before you breed a team in-game.
Triple battles are all about knowing and planning the positioning of your pokémon in the field, having someone like rage powder amoonguss could help you direct attacks to it instead of hitting one of your other members. This could be crucial to win battles.
I think that's all the advice I can give you right now, but please post on this thread again if you want to talk about teams!
With all the weather pokémon that are on the Festive Feud list, I think controlling the weather will be the key to winning most battles.
Good luck with the competition, and hopefully we can battle each other during it.

-Chafas
(Dec 2, 2015, 08:02 PM)Chafas Wrote:
(Dec 2, 2015, 01:44 PM)pritchman227 Wrote: I might be running Gardevoir(Green/White), Gallade(also Green/White), Blaziken (Red), Venasaur (green), Sylveon (its main color is white), and lastly a Latios (Red/White). Is it a good team or not? I'm asking on here because you guys seem to know a bit more than I do.

Maybe you should try building your team around a strategy, like I am building mine around rain. Some popular triple battle strategies are: rain, sun, trick room, tailwind and sometimes sand. Your team is not made up of slow pokémon, so trick room may be out of the question. Speed boost blaziken will be too fast anyway, so tailwind is kind of useless too. Maybe you could add a tyranitar but remember it's a triple battle, so sand would hit your other team members if you don't use an item like safety goggles. Play around with these additional effects and strategies until you find something you're comfortable with. Showdown is great for testing out strategies before you breed a team in-game.
Triple battles are all about knowing and planning the positioning of your pokémon in the field, having someone like rage powder amoonguss could help you direct attacks to it instead of hitting one of your other members. This could be crucial to win battles.
I think that's all the advice I can give you right now, but please post on this thread again if you want to talk about teams!
With all the weather pokémon that are on the Festive Feud list, I think controlling the weather will be the key to winning most battles.
Good luck with the competition, and hopefully we can battle each other during it.

-Chafas

Thank you for your answer. I have plenty of safety goggles for most of my team, so Mega Tyranitar could be a very good option to do. I've been trying multiple combos so far, and they all seem to go hand in hand, but I never thought about using Tyranitar. I'll edit my first post if I feel that an idea for a team is decent. Its better to get another person's opinion on it instead of mine. And I hope to battle you in the tournament as well. May we both have good luck in this, it'll be fun but tough.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!