Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New-ish
Hello,

My name is Shelby AKA OfftheDeepEnd and I'm only kinda new here. I've been lurking in streams and in the forum here for a while and finally decided to try and be more actively involved.

I'm looking to join a good Pokemon community both online and in real life. I'm currently fighting my sometimes severe social anxiety to fulfill the real life community goal, so I figured I might start online as a stepping stone.

Just a little bit about my background in Pokemon. I have been playing the games as long as I can remember. My first Pokemon game ever was Gold version and I've been hooked ever since. I actively collect and casually play the Pokemon TCG but I really want to get into competitive battling through VGC. I have been doing a lot of research and I think I have the basics down ok. At this point my issues seem to be building good teams, good item selection and then just getting into the hang of actually battling competitively.

In the past I haven't had very good experiences with communities built around video games. Often times I'm met with opposition, new member hate and just general bad vibes. I play many other games besides Pokemon as well and have reached for communities in other places just to be shunned or skulk back into the shadows very soon after starting. I really hope this isn't the case here.

Thanks for reading!
Welcome :] You don't have to worry about being shunned or new member hate, everybody gets on well here

If anyone gives you problems, let me know. I am GMX's lawyer after all Kappa
Welcome to the site Shelby
Welcome to the community. Being new to VGC myself I can tell you that practice and sticking with it will pay off. Hope you have fun.
Welcome aboard.
-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
(Jul 26, 2015, 12:56 PM)OfftheDeepEnd Wrote: Hello,

My name is Shelby AKA OfftheDeepEnd and I'm only kinda new here. I've been lurking in streams and in the forum here for a while and finally decided to try and be more actively involved.

I'm looking to join a good Pokemon community both online and in real life. I'm currently fighting my sometimes severe social anxiety to fulfill the real life community goal, so I figured I might start online as a stepping stone.

Just a little bit about my background in Pokemon. I have been playing the games as long as I can remember. My first Pokemon game ever was Gold version and I've been hooked ever since. I actively collect and casually play the Pokemon TCG but I really want to get into competitive battling through VGC. I have been doing a lot of research and I think I have the basics down ok. At this point my issues seem to be building good teams, good item selection and then just getting into the hang of actually battling competitively.

In the past I haven't had very good experiences with communities built around video games. Often times I'm met with opposition, new member hate and just general bad vibes. I play many other games besides Pokemon as well and have reached for communities in other places just to be shunned or skulk back into the shadows very soon after starting. I really hope this isn't the case here.

Thanks for reading!

Hello and Welcome! Know that this is a very welcoming and friendly community, I think you will find comfort here in our similar hobbies. Don't be shy in asking questions or requests, chances are someone else here has that same question! If you need anything, ask :D Enjoy the forums!
Welcome OffTheDeepEnd! Glad you joined the site. :D
Welcome to the group! Don't worry about fitting in here or encountering a lot of hatred. This is a good community with a lot of open-mindedness. So try to relax and have some fun.