Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[News] Nintendo's newest console revealed! + DeNA partnership
So this morning Nintendo's newest console was revealed to the the Nintendo NX, not a lot has been said about this new console so we'll have to see, also Nintendo has partnered with a company called DeNA, this company is going to help Nintendo with their mobile intregration, what Nintendo is try to do is make some sort of way to link the 3ds, the Wii U, the NX, mobile devices, and the Pc, I assume maybe for more varying games possibly ( not sure exactly at the moment ).

What do you guys think about the new console and the partnership, comment on your opinions

Also here is an article on more information: http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/17/nx-...n-hardware-
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Whoa i'm excited. This will allow a good amount of Diversity in the gaming that can be played on the console and love how they include the idea of cross platforming even though what is to be allowed from it isn't known just yet.
So is it going to be a mobile thing or something like an xbox because they mentioned both in the article
(Mar 17, 2015, 02:39 PM)Nuclear Pikachu Wrote: So is it going to be a mobile thing or something like an xbox because they mentioned both in the article

i assume the NX is gonna be a console like the Wii U but since they're partnered with DeNA a part of the deal is to allow DeNA to use nintendo characters in their mobile games, for example in this article it shows how their going to make a mobile version of one of the original mario games:
http://www.wired.com/2015/03/nintendo-dena-mobile/
It would be cool to be able to link the 3DS to that console and play 3DS games on our televisions. With the 3DS being used as sort of the game pad like the WII U. TBH If thats the console I'm not a fan of its design. Those buttons on the side make it look like a DVD player and I wouldnt know what the purpose of a D-Pad on the console itself be used for.
(Mar 17, 2015, 02:46 PM)Sinaloalo Wrote: It would be cool to be able to link the 3DS to that console and play 3DS games on our televisions. With the 3DS being used as sort of the game pad like the WII U. TBH If thats the console I'm not a fan of its design. Those buttons on the side make it look like a DVD player and I wouldnt know what the purpose of a D-Pad on the console itself be used for.

from a brief observation it kinda looks like the d-pad is not useable, it doesnt have the same depth as the other side, and the other side is probably like the general on, off, possibly volume, or something else, its just a propotype but i kinda like it
(Mar 17, 2015, 02:51 PM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Mar 17, 2015, 02:46 PM)Sinaloalo Wrote: It would be cool to be able to link the 3DS to that console and play 3DS games on our televisions. With the 3DS being used as sort of the game pad like the WII U. TBH If thats the console I'm not a fan of its design. Those buttons on the side make it look like a DVD player and I wouldnt know what the purpose of a D-Pad on the console itself be used for.

from a brief observation it kinda looks like the d-pad is not useable, it doesnt have the same depth as the other side, and the other side is probably like the general on, off, possibly volume, or something else, its just a propotype but i kinda like it

Yeah, it looks more like decorations, but who knows.

Hooking up a 3DS or some handheld console Nintendo might release with this thing would be awesome.
That image is in no way the prototype of the NX, that image has been passed around the internet for a long time.
(Mar 17, 2015, 06:47 PM)GamerXiphos Wrote: That image is in no way the prototype of the NX, that image has been passed around the internet for a long time.

I'll try to watch the full video and confirm this but I say a video with one looking similar to this just black, but like I said I'll look into it later :P
They didn't even announce anything about the system, they just said they're working on new hardware code named Nintendo NX and that info would be revealed about it next year.

Here is that exact same image, posted last year (not the earliest it was posted though)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2268852/

all it is, is a fan prediction of what the next Nintendo system will look like, this is back when the "Nintendo Fusion!" was being rumoured.