Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] IDEA: League and Seasons
How would Pokemon teams work? I can think of three possible ways to handle it:

1. Use the same team throughout the season.
2. Pick whatever team you want for each game.
3. There are a number of "checkpoints" throughout the season where you get to switch teams.
That 3rd option is interesting. It would be like the transfer window in football (or soccer if you're American Kappa)
i like the 3rd option the most but i'm up for the 2nd option as well but given how long the championship could be the 1st option might mean that gimmick strats are totally useless since everyone will be expecting it.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
we don't necessarily have to have a rule regarding teams. I find the best way to improve your team is battling, and finding out what gives you problems, but if you can't change your team until a certain time, it could potentially cost some battles
(Jan 7, 2015, 03:48 PM)Muphry Wrote: How would Pokemon teams work? I can think of three possible ways to handle it:

1. Use the same team throughout the season.
2. Pick whatever team you want for each game.
3. There are a number of "checkpoints" throughout the season where you get to switch teams.

Sure that could work. Tygaa and I will release the rules soon
(Jan 8, 2015, 05:33 AM)Eckley Wrote: we don't necessarily have to have a rule regarding teams. I find the best way to improve your team is battling, and finding out what gives you problems, but if you can't change your team until a certain time, it could potentially cost some battles

I see. We'lol look into this
How about you can make one change per game, with checkpoints letting you complete overhaul?
(Jan 8, 2015, 06:20 AM)blasteg Wrote: How about you can make one change per game, with checkpoints letting you complete overhaul?

Probably per team game which is 3. I don't think.you'll have to keep the same team the whole season. I'll look into the rules more though.
oh man this sounds so cool! I'm definitely interested, if this idea turns out. Smile
(Jan 8, 2015, 09:01 PM)increasinglyusel Wrote: oh man this sounds so cool! I'm definitely interested, if this idea turns out. Smile

Yes sir! We hope to release it this month!