Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Mega Evolution Ideas Forum
Mega Exploud
Type Normal
Ability Amplifier boosts the power of sound based moves

+ 20 Def + 50 Sp.Atk + 30 Speed

Base Stats Before Mega Evolution Hp 104 Atk 91 Def 63 Sp.Atk 91 Sp.Def 73 Speed 68

After Mega Evolution Hp 104 Atk 91 Def 83 Sp.Atk 141 Sp.Def 73 Speed 98
Mega Dodrio
Dodrionite
Type: Dark/Flying
Ability- Evilize (Like Pixelate, but for Dark)
Design- All his eyes turn red, talons grow larger, becomes more dark/evil looking, more black coloration

[Image: mega_dodrio_by_phatmon66-d7msj3r.png]
(Picture from Phatmon66 on Deviantart)

Stats
HP-60/ Att.-155/ Def.-80/ Sp.Att.-50/Sp.Def.-60/Spd.-155

Att.- +45
Def.- +10
Sp.Att.- -10
Sp.Def- +0
Spd.- +55

Summary
I tried it make it sort-of balance by adding some defensive stats, and no investing fully into the offenses. I really like the design, and i think this new ability complements it, turning some of its previous STAB moves into dark-type STAB moves with the boost from the ability, as well as keeping stab on Brave Bird. The speed tier is pretty good, as it outspeeds M-Beedrill, which I think to be one of the fastest megas. Is attack is also very good, and I feel like this is something GF could do. Open to edit suggestion, want this to happen.

Mega Heliolisk
Type Electric Normal
Ability Weather Boost this pokemon gains a boost to it's sp.atk and speed stat ( 0.5 boost ) whenever there is a weather effect is active

+20 Atk +40 Def +10 Sp.Atk + 20 Sp.Def +10 Speed

Stats before Mega Evolution Hp 62 Atk 55 Def 52 Sp.Atk 109 Sp.Def 94 Speed 109

After Mega Evolution Hp 62 Atk 75 Def 92 Sp.Atk 119 Sp.Def 114 Speed 119
Mega Goodra
Type Dragon Water
Ability Storm Drain

+ 40 def + 20 Sp.Def + 40 Speed

Stats Before Mega Evolution Hp 90 Atk 100 Def 70 Sp.Atk 110 Sp.Def 150 Speed 80

After Mega Evolution Hp 90 Atk 100 Def 110 Sp.Atk 110 Sp.Def 170 Speed 120
Mega Magzezone
Ability:Metalate.makes all normal type moves steel moves
Stats:HP 80
Attack 60
Defence 125
(I know it's not a boost of 100 but deal with it)
SprAtt 135
SpeDef 125
Speed 90
As (likely) the biggest Flygon fan on this forum, I'd be remiss to not contribute here.  I have a couple of routes that a theoretical Mega Flygon could take; I've listed them, along with respective pros and cons, below.  I've also taken into account all the currently-existing Megas, so as to not tread too close to existing designs.

For all sets, Flygon's base stats are:  80/100/80/80/80/100, BST 520.  Per the rules of this thread, I have 100 additional stats to distribute, for a Mega BST of 620, and per the in-game rules, HP cannot be changed.

Concept 1: Special Dragon/Bug with Tinted Lens

Mega Flygon (Dragon/Bug)
Ability:  Tinted Lens (Doubles power of all NVE attacks, effectively making single-resisted moves hit neutrally, and making double-resisted moves hit for half damage).
Mega Stats:  80/110/85/140/95/110
Concept:  This Mega Flygon concept takes a similar route as Mega Pidgeot, taking a Pokemon previously seen only as a physical attacker and giving it a heavy boost to its Special Attack.  Flygon has always been somewhat cursed with having a better special movepool than physical, despite its typing and stat spread, and the addition of rare and powerful Special moves like Bug Buzz and Boomburst to its arsenal in ORAS lend credence to a special-attacking Mega with typing to take advantage of it (a real-world example can be found in XY Swablu, which suddenly could learn Moonblast by level up, before its Fairy-type Mega was revealed).  Between the special attack boost and the effect of Tinted Lens dramatically lowering the number of potential walls, this Flygon could prove to be a real threat, with a number of strong Special moves like STAB Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor and Bug Buzz, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Boomburst, and Giga Drain at its disposal.  Tinted Lens, of course, also works on this Mega Flygon's Physical attacks, namely newly-STAB U-Turn, surprise Outrage for special walls, and Rock attacks.

Concept 2:  Speedy Dragon/Bug with Sand Rush

Mega Flygon (Dragon/Bug)
Ability:  Sand Rush (Doubles Speed during Sandstorm weather effect.  Speed does not double on turn it activates.)
Mega Stats:  80/125/85/125/90/110
Concept:  This variant uses a more balanced stat spread than the first design.  It would play more like how regular Flygon currently operates; using speedy (often Scarfed) U-Turn to weaken counters.  The U-Turn of this Mega Flygon, even with STAB, would still be much weaker than that of Mega Beedrill, but has the advantage of having a better Pokemon before Mega-evolving, and for better overall bulk for surprise/priority attacks.  Because there are already two Megas with the Sand Force ability (one of course being the ever-present, same-typed nemesis Mega Garchomp), I took a different route; capitalizing on Sandstorm's presence with a massive boost to Speed.  With Sandstorm up, this Mega Flygon would outspeed most everything, making it a lethal revenge killer and momentum-gainer with STAB U-Turn.  The modest boosts to both of Flygon's attacking stats give it the opportunity to run physical, special, or mixed moves for the best possible neutral coverage alongside that terrific speed in sandstorm.

I'll add more later.
   -sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
Mega Togekiss
Type Fairy Flying
Ability Friend Guard

+ 30 Def + 30 Sp.Atk + 10 Sp.Def + 30 Speed

Stats After Mega Evolution Hp 85 Atk 50 Def 95 Sp.Atk 120 Sp.Def 115 Speed 80

After Mega Evolution Hp 85 Atk 50 Def 125 Sp.Atk 150 Sp.Def 125 Speed 110
@Sandragon Funny you should mention Flygon, It was actually going to have a mega but they couldn't settle on a design which is a pretty bizarre reason when you look at Pokemon like Trubbish, who is literally a bag of rubbish with eyes.
Here's a link to the article in case anyone wants to read it

Also here's some Fan art of a Mega Flygon which I think is a good design, so I have no idea how GF couldn't come up with their own

[Image: mega_flygon_by_dragonith-d6ta488.png]
(May 22, 2015, 12:44 PM)Eckley Wrote: @Sandragon Funny you should mention Flygon, It was actually going to have a mega but they couldn't settle on a design which is a pretty bizarre reason when you look at Pokemon like Trubbish, who is literally a bag of rubbish with eyes.
Here's a link to the article in case anyone wants to read it

Also here's some Fan art of a Mega Flygon which I think is a good design, so I have no idea how GF couldn't come up with their own

[Image: mega_flygon_by_dragonith-d6ta488.png]

Yeah I had seen that article too. Even more upsetting when you consider that Mega designs as simple as Mega Blaziken and Mega Kangaskhan exist.
-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
(May 22, 2015, 01:17 PM)sandragon13 Wrote: Yeah I had seen that article too. Even more upsetting when you consider that Mega designs as simple as Mega Blaziken and Mega Kangaskhan exist.
   -sandragon13

Though I think those 2 are really cool! But yes indeed we need mega Flygon.