Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Battle Spot Special #Season 13
Credits to Hibiki from Nugget Bridge

According to the Japanese Global Link page, Season 13 (starting from November 17th) of Battle Spot's Special Ladder will feature a "No Mega format"

edit: official news here http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/bf...ab5f88a61d

Rules:
- Double Battle
- Dex No. 001-720 (with the usual ban list)
- Level 50
- Pokémon can't hold a Mega Stone (every single Mega Stone is on the Item ban list)
- PENTAGON ONLY

In this format, powerful physical attackers such as M-Kangaskhan or M-Salamence and great special attackers such as M-Gardevoir and M-Charizard Y are absent. Which benchmarks are you going to use on the physical & special side when EV training your team? Will genies be even more predominant or maybe less useful at that point? Will any threat be more difficult to deal with? What are your opinions about this?
So this is interesting... Chalk is still going to dominate except I'm going to use Swagger Klefki with Screens kappa + this demon here:

[Image: 2cdijrt.png]

Well Double Genie, Cress-Tran, and Azu-Shroom imo is going to be the most dominate archetype since just look at how well those 6 complement each other (btw no fighting zone). Azumarill just replaces Kangaskhan but isn't as strong thankfully so at least people can manage this. For sure the TCPi is paying attention to what the players are saying here in the West (U.S, EU, Latin America) though I'm not sure how VGC players from Japan, Korea, or any where else in the East countries feel about this. Its not the new format yes I get that, but if its announced to be so then expect the format to shift to special considering we still have things like Sylveon, Aegislash, and Thundurus (btw it can setup nasty plots easier now). Weather (rain/sand) I could see dominate as well as for a bit though not so sure since Steel types like Aegislash and Ferrothorn will rise in usage to counter balance this. As strange as it sounds, the biggest threat in the new format is Sylveon imo since bar Steel types ( Aegislash, Ferrothorn, Metagros, Heatran), this thing can setup with the right conditions a couple of CMs and sweep opposing teams. Without Kang or Mence (along with other heavy-hitting Mega Pokemon like Mawile, Metagross), Sylveon will dominate the early meta for awhile. Aegislash is another beneficiary since no more Char Y and other notable Sucker Punch users (Kang, Mawile) mean this thing will sit in the field longer and fire STAB Shadow Balls or Flash Cannons. Heck I could even see players use Billaslash ( Shadow Ball, Wide Guard, Kings Shield, Substitute) more often with no Kangaskhan being around. Well that's my take on the news.
I think i'll get into it to experience 'non-mega builds' and also be able to build around non-mega mons, as usually my teams creep into. As for me and personal experience i joined VGC/competitive pokemon in 2014 (when mega's were around) by each day many people get into this community, similar to my case; we'll also get a taste of how most teams were built in the past. Thnx for explaining the rules, i am looking forward to compete.
#tbt to VGC 2013 KappaHD
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Nov 10, 2015, 08:14 AM)Black117 Wrote: So this is interesting... Chalk is still going to dominate except I'm going to use Swagger Klefki with Screens kappa + this demon here:

[Image: 2cdijrt.png]

Well Double Genie, Cress-Tran, and Azu-Shroom imo is going to be the most dominate archetype since just look at how well those 6 complement each other (btw no fighting zone). Azumarill just replaces Kangaskhan but isn't as strong thankfully so at least people can manage this. For sure the TCPi is paying attention to what the players are saying here in the West (U.S, EU, Latin America) though I'm not sure how VGC players from Japan, Korea, or any where else in the East countries feel about this. Its not the new format yes I get that, but if its announced to be so then expect the format to shift to special considering we still have things like Sylveon, Aegislash, and Thundurus (btw it can setup nasty plots easier now). Weather (rain/sand) I could see dominate as well as for a bit though not so sure since Steel types like Aegislash and Ferrothorn will rise in usage to counter balance this. As strange as it sounds, the biggest threat in the new format is Sylveon imo since bar Steel types ( Aegislash, Ferrothorn, Metagros, Heatran), this thing can setup with the right conditions a couple of CMs and sweep opposing teams. Without Kang or Mence (along with other heavy-hitting Mega Pokemon like Mawile, Metagross), Sylveon will dominate the early meta for awhile. Aegislash is another beneficiary since no more Char Y and other notable Sucker Punch users (Kang, Mawile) mean this thing will sit in the field longer and fire STAB Shadow Balls or Flash Cannons. Heck I could even see players use Billaslash ( Shadow Ball, Wide Guard, Kings Shield, Substitute) more often with  no Kangaskhan being around.  Well that's my take on the news.

I never saw your 'Dominating' Mr.Mime in spooky cup *yes it was very effective*. believing this abomination doesn't works too, or i'll get smashed *shudders*
I'm feeling that Solar Power Charizard + Drought Ninetales core. Feel its wrath! kappa

252+ SpA Solar Power Charizard Heat Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Sun: 160-189 (96.9 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Solar Power Charizard Heat Wave vs. 244 HP / 72+ SpD Thundurus in Sun: 135-159 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

It's time we show them what a meta is all about Cool kappaHD

But seriously, weather is going to dominate and eliminating mega evolutions really only makes 4 common megas non viable, them being Kang, Mence, Gard and Zard. CHALK is still there alongside Trick Room teams and.....

[Image: sylveon-2.png]

But all in all, this ladder should be fun to try stuff like Solar Power Heliolisk among other things I've been meaning to try out but couldn't because of how Salamence, Kang, Metagross, Gardevoir, Charizard, among other megas hindered
[Insert signature here]
Wow, this sounds like it'll be exciting and a nice change of pace! I wonder what teams we'll be seeing for this. :D