Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Meowstic and Mega Ampharos - Attack - Tank - Utility
Hi guys as the title suggest here is my take on a double team lead with Meowstic and Mega Ampharos! Smile
[Image: 181-mega.gif] [Image: 678-m.gif]

Mega Ampharos build

Ampharos with Ampharosite
EV spread:
-252 Sp Attack
-252 Defense
-4 Sp Defense
Nature:
-Modest
Moves:
- Cotton Guard
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Power Gem

Summary of Ampharos:
Ampharos is a really slow mega evolution but it has it's defensive bulk to take hits like a truck and then dish out damage like a one too. To start off your objective is to know when you can use your Cotton Guard without taking too much damage and when you can't. And when you are set up with the help of Meowstic and your own Cotton Guard, you can proceed to dish out hits to the opponent.

Meowstic build

Meowstic with Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Ev Spread:
-252 HP
-126 Sp Defense
-126 Defense
Nature:
-Bold
Moves:
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Charm
-Fake Out/Quick Guard/Offensive move

Summary of Meowstic

This right here is the main reason why Ampharos can get huge, it's all about setting up win conditions for Ampharos, by looking at what the opponent has lead with.
2 Special attackers: Light Screen
1 Special attacker and 1 Tank: Light Screen
2 Tanks: Light Screen and Reflect in the first two turns
1 Physical attacker and 1 tank: If you know the physical attacker doesn't have anything that can hit Ampharos Super effective, then use reflect and if it has something that is super effective against Ampharos, then you should use Charm on it.
2 Physical Attackers: This one is best showcased in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHmtI46OcpU

Please comment about where it can be improved and what was good etc. Much appreciated! Smile
If you're trying to set up ampharos without it taking damage on the first turn, you could try greninja with mat block. You should have a backup plan as well in case you get taunted
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:40 AM)Eckley Wrote: If you're trying to set up ampharos without it taking damage on the first turn, you could try greninja with mat block. You should have a backup plan as well in case you get taunted

Already tried Greninja with Mat Block, I generally don't like the idea of a status move on Greninja at all, so I run my Greninja very offensive Smile

I have also thinked about the taunt thing, and i am working on a back up plan Smile
Why use Reflect AND Charm. I would swap one of them for Helping Hand to give Ampharos more offensive power or Trick Room to really make Ampharos shine
[Insert signature here]