Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Pokemon VGC Team Ideas
I am looking for competitive pokemon that will work well with both Rotom Wash and Greninja.
Rotom-W and Greninja are both very versatile Pokemon in competitive. I'd suggest adding a Grass and Fire Pokemon to complete the FWG core seen in competitive. Breloom is fantastic as a Physical Attacker and reliable status spreader with Spore. Talonflame, Arcanine, and a few others also help.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
Amoongus.
What about Rotom (wash), Proten Greninja, Guts Talonflame and Breloom
Lol Guts Talonflame. It's called Gale Wings :P

Anyways, I suggest using Landorus-Therian, Talonflame, Mega Kangashkan and Pachirisu.

Landorus is to get Intimidates out to reduce the damage your Pokemon take through the battle, Talonflame for Tailwind Support, Quick Guard and Priority Brave Bird, Mega Kangashkan for Fake Out and all its uberness and the Pachirisu is just to draw electric moves such as Thunder Wave away from Greninja so it doesn't get slowed down and Super Fang is pretty neat as well.

I reccomend Senjun's pachirisu build for your team so look it up when you have the time.
[Insert signature here]
To start off what sort of format do you have in mind? I'll only focus on singles and doubles since those are the two I have the most experience with.

In singles, Rotom-W is a utility yet surprisingly bulky versatile mon capable of taking hits, spreading will-o-wisp burns, thunder wave, recover back with pain split, and pivot with volt switch. This guy can be built around just about any playstyle in mind but my favorite is volt turn (pokemon consisting of volt switch and u-turn). Some of its best partners include fellow u-turn pokemon like Landorus-T, either Mega/Non Mega Scizor, and even Talonflame. Remember Rotom-W loves having teammates that can deal with grass type pokemon very well while in turn cover their weaknesses. The same can be applied to doubles to an extent however Rotom-w needs steels types to take dragon, fairy and normal type pokemon well. Fire types like Heatran and Char y can help you with grass types more plus in turn Rotom-w can beat water types and wall certain rain teams.

Greninja is a very powerful and versatile mon that needs volt-turn (or either one) teammates it can switch from. Pokemon like Landorus-T, Talonflame, Rotom-w, Scizor, and M-Manetric help provide Greninja with these switch in opportunities while can threaten their counters. For doubles since greg is frail it wants teammates to be fast and capable of taking out slower targets that can wear down greninja. Pokemon like Talonflame and Kang can actually provide enough offensive pressure so Greninja is capable of getting a hit off.

Usually Greninja tend to run heavily special sets but recently
(Jan 12, 2015, 04:50 PM)Black117 Wrote: To start off what sort of format do you have in mind? I'll only focus on singles and doubles since those are the two I have the most experience with.

In singles, Rotom-W is a utility yet surprisingly bulky versatile mon capable of taking hits, spreading will-o-wisp burns, thunder wave, recover back with pain split, and pivot with volt switch. This guy can be built around just about any playstyle in mind but my favorite is volt turn (pokemon consisting of volt switch and u-turn). Some of its best partners include fellow u-turn pokemon like Landorus-T, either Mega/Non Mega Scizor, and even Talonflame. Remember Rotom-W loves having teammates that can deal with grass type pokemon very well while in turn cover their weaknesses. The same can be applied to doubles to an extent however Rotom-w needs steels types to take dragon, fairy and normal type pokemon well. Fire types like Heatran and  Char y can help you with grass types more plus in turn Rotom-w can beat water types and wall certain rain teams.

Greninja is a very powerful and versatile mon that needs volt-turn (or either one) teammates it can switch from. Pokemon like Landorus-T, Talonflame, Rotom-w, Scizor, and M-Manetric help provide Greninja with these switch in opportunities while can threaten their counters. For doubles since greg is frail it wants teammates to be fast and capable of taking out slower targets that can wear down greninja. Pokemon like Talonflame and Kang can actually provide enough offensive pressure so Greninja is capable of getting a hit off.

Usually Greninja tend to run heavily special sets but recently

so I could use Landorus - T, Rotom-W, Gale Wings Talonflame, I wanna put Mega- Gallade on my team as well cause i really like that pokemon so what else would be good to add.
in 1v1 definetly Hazards. Something that covers up your weaknesses and functions as a good switch in. I really like Ferrothorn with a rocky helmet and the spiky ability or how ever it is called. Deals a ton of dmg to special attackers as well as stalls out battles and is able to lay down hazards etc. very good supportive pkmn. and the rest is up to you i guess, anti hazards such as defog or rapid spin to get rid of the enemies hazards or sth else up to your playstyle