Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
2 chains, one almost at 200 with no results (Mirage forest, Petilil), and one around 150 with no results (Ralts, whatever router hes in early in the game). I'm wondering if shinys don't appear maybe in the Mirage forest, because its such a perfect spot to do chaining at, perfect circle of grass, stand in the middle each search, both my chains failed because of a slip of the thumb, but through all of that, I never encountered any other Pokemon in the forest, chain kept going on perfectly until I messed up. While I encountered other Pokemon while hunting for Ralts.
(Dec 1, 2014, 06:23 PM)BryanSleepFreak Wrote: 2 chains, one almost at 200 with no results (Mirage forest, Petilil), and one around 150 with no results (Ralts, whatever router hes in early in the game). I'm wondering if shinys don't appear maybe in the Mirage forest, because its such a perfect spot to do chaining at, perfect circle of grass, stand in the middle each search, both my chains failed because of a slip of the thumb, but through all of that, I never encountered any other Pokemon in the forest, chain kept going on perfectly until I messed up. While I encountered other Pokemon while hunting for Ralts.

Glad you have interest in the thread!

I encourage you to check the section of the thread that will show if you are chaining correctly.
I also encourage you to read the "Disclaimer" located at the top of the thread! (too many people miss reading it)

If the case is that you are chaining correctly, then it is just unfortunate luck! Fortunately, 2 chains around 200 is not considered a lot of chaining in ORAS; if you continue to chain I'm sure you'll find it man!

Of course, you may be right about the forest in the end. I encourage you to use one of the three guaranteed routes to ensure you are chaining correctly (and to know that right now you're just having bad luck).

Good luck shiny hunting!
(Dec 1, 2014, 07:03 PM)Jack Wrote:
(Dec 1, 2014, 06:23 PM)BryanSleepFreak Wrote: 2 chains, one almost at 200 with no results (Mirage forest, Petilil), and one around 150 with no results (Ralts, whatever router hes in early in the game). I'm wondering if shinys don't appear maybe in the Mirage forest, because its such a perfect spot to do chaining at, perfect circle of grass, stand in the middle each search, both my chains failed because of a slip of the thumb, but through all of that, I never encountered any other Pokemon in the forest, chain kept going on perfectly until I messed up. While I encountered other Pokemon while hunting for Ralts.

Glad you have interest in the thread!

I encourage you to check the section of the thread that will show if you are chaining correctly.
I also encourage you to read the "Disclaimer" located at the top of the thread! (too many people miss reading it)

If the case is that you are chaining correctly, then it is just unfortunate luck! Fortunately, 2 chains around 200 is not considered a lot of chaining in ORAS; if you continue to chain I'm sure you'll find it man!

Of course, you may be right about the forest in the end. I encourage you to use one of the three guaranteed routes to ensure you are chaining correctly (and to know that right now you're just having bad luck).

Good luck shiny hunting!

I've read this guide, another guide & watched a few live stream catches along with a couple tutorial videos. I hope I'm doing it right, I got a week off work, I'm going to master this if it kills me.
Its pretty easy to pick up bryan i accidentally started chaining zigzagoon when i was starting out on my OR so no repels or anything got to like a 15-20 chain region before it got broke and i couldn't chain in X/Y to save my life my best chain there was like 5 XD
I've been chaining with this method with no luck.
Perhaps the chances are slightly lower on a 40 chain considering how much easier it is?
well we know we can chain, but do we know how it handles shiny chance in any way yet? cuz if not it may just end up being an elaborate way to keep fighting the same pokemon ....
Yeah, to answer everyone's questions there's a disclaimer at the top of the guide.

Basically the act of chaining in this game is still pretty new, so there's no way of actually know that this increases the chance of finding a shiny at this point. It is only believed that it does.
Here's the disclaimer: "It is possible that EVERY RUSTLING GRASS PATCH HAS THE SAME ODDS, and it is possible that chaining consecutively in this way DOES NOT increase the odds."
Personally, I think that every rustling grass patch has the same odds. There might be something else to it though. I mean, I've done a few 200+ chains without finding a shiny, and some other people have done 300+. Then some people catch shiny Pokemon on a 18 or 20 chain. Only makes sense to me that the 1/200 chance after a 40 chain may not be too accurate after all. Unfortunately, no one wants to believe that shiny chaining doesn't increase the odds of finding a shiny Pokemon.

Just my thoughts though. What do you guys think?
As far as I know, I was chaining right, all things that should've been happening happened, level increase, etc. so maybe I just didn't have Arceus on my side.
What I think though is, that because this new way of chaining is fairly simpler than in X/Y, that maybe now its like chain fishing, you don't know when you'll get that shiny Pokémon, but you know somehow it does work & that you may or may not get a shiny sooner or later. My first attempt at shiny fishing was a near 200 chain before I messed up, then a day later, I got my first shiny ever within half an hour of chaining. (Relicanth btw) I've seen enough shiny catches to believe this method somehow works.
I just caught my Shiny Numel at Jagged Pass on a 45 chain. I've been chaining him for a week sometimes 300 chains other times 200 and nothing. So I don't know how the odds change but I just caught him using this method although it took a week.
Out of interest paul what was the search level when you found the shiny? i'm thinking that might be the influence and the people who aren't finding are hurting their odds by resetting to save repels but i could be wrong.