Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
(Dec 4, 2014, 08:48 AM)evilsabre Wrote: well to me its starting to sound like the search level matters more than the chain since many people are saying they get it around 200 chains so unless they are not soft resetting between chains to save repels their search levels will be around 200-250 very similar to stormfoxs search level upon shiny encounter. While is still all guesswork i think i'm starting to notice a pattern keep posting your chain results guys including both search levels and chain length when you encounter a shiny.

Hopefully we can get a more complete picture of how search level vs chain length affects the shiny rate i mean we know chaining is worth it since it garentees the next pokemon is the one you want but it would be interesting to know if you would be better doing horde battles to get search level up first before you chain for the shiny.

most likely I'd say it's a combo of the two. the higher the search level the better the chances and then assuring that you get the pokemon you want with the dexnav. and as for hunting not all pokemon can be found in hordes as we remember. it's a select few. so for those certain pokemon everyone wants. say buneary like I'm trying for right now or later if someone wants a shiny feebas. you gotta deal with single pokemon encounters to rack up that search level
It's common sense that the search level is going to be high if the chain is high lol.... that does not mean that the search level is what matters.

Honestly it most like it some sort of the combo of the two.
Jack the reason i suspect it may be more liked to search level is that i'm yet to hear of a case where someone found a shiny below 150-200 search level but be i am hearing of low chains 15-25 range. Its not that search level will be high if chain is high that's not what were seeing we are seeing high search levels with lower chains which is either coincidence (still very possible to be coincidence) or is significant. If it is significant the search level is critical and SR to save repels would be a very bad practice.

I think you've been misinterpreting what i'm saying if you think i'm saying the higher the chain the higher the search level, i'm saying that chain lengths seem to be varying greatly while search levels seem to be consistently 200+ and in some cases such as stormfox one of the chains had the search level raised without previous chaining from what i understand.

Although i actually did some maths on it and that makes it impossible to say as if you had a chain of 240 you would have had about a 70% chance for a shiny essentially meaning that if the chain caps at 40 chains about 190 long though would be the expected average though the point at which your odds over the chain are better than 50% chance to have seen a shiny.

The only thing i can think of to find out if chaining does anything in ORAS (other than increase search level) would be to have x people chain to a shiny (ideally the same 1) soft resetting when they broke the chain and have another x people deliberately break chains (so they don't chain at all) but still search with the radar. We'd need to set the initial search level but if we could do that we would be able to see if 1) chaining actually improved you chances compared to search level and 2) the effect search level has on the original odds to have a shiny (since the no chain group should if search level has no effect have an average close to the base shiny value). So basically either we need a lot of people to take part in a study like this or we need to wait for the dataminers etc to find the numbers relating to shiny chance for any reasonable confidence in the results.
I'm pretty sure I got my shiny Skitty on a 40 chain that was under 200 search level. It would be great if we could collect some numbers to run a statistical analysis.
yea i might set one up soon if people want to help Smile i want to know if this is just random variation or if search level and chain actually does something and if so which 1 is doing it would prob take a lot of repeats to be confident tho and i doubt people would want to reset after a shiny so we'd end up having to do different mons to keep the start point the same...XD
Just got myself a Shiny Swablu at 23th encounter using the DexNav Method.
http://imgur.com/a/W79Vw
There fresh screenshots  :D  :D  :D
That is my 3rd Shiny encounter ever during my Pokemon games playthroughs and btw I have a Shiny Charm in case anyone wanna know.
You guys might find hard to believe but I just got another Shiny by DexNav chaining. Now a Shiny Ponyta! Heart
http://imgur.com/a/MHuLG
There are the screens. :D :D :D :D :D
Got it on 58th chain this time with like 3 Machops showing up in between. Amazing! Seems this method is really working. Also seems this Shiny Charm is working wonders too!

edit: Forgot to mention my Search level was around 174 when i got that Swablu and for Ponyta was at 56
So after 5 hours this time chaining at Jigglypuff I finally got it!
http://imgur.com/a/EHqYm
Took me 255 chains this time! Started with Search Level at about 3 and got the shiny at 236 (so about 16 other random Pokemon showed up in between the attempts).
The worst part is that it's a Male Sad which is absolutely unfitting for a Pokemon such as Jigglypuff, but well i'm still happy with that catch :D
WOW Sam_XIII, Good job man!

I wanted to stop by real quick to see how my threads were doing (I have exams over the next 3 days), so I don't have time to update any of my threads; but I wanted to reply to this!

Good job, hopefully you can find more!

Anyone else that has either caught a shiny with the help of this method or if you have a comment about it, please feel free to post! Smile
(Dec 7, 2014, 06:37 PM)Jack Wrote: WOW Sam_XIII, Good job man!

I wanted to stop by real quick to see how my threads were doing (I have exams over the next 3 days), so I don't have time to update any of my threads; but I wanted to reply to this!

Good job, hopefully you can find more!

Anyone else that has either caught a shiny with the help of this method or if you have a comment about it, please feel free to post! Smile

Thank you! :D
I see, so that's why the topic was kinda dead i suppose, i even made one to post my catches so far.
But now that you mention i did caught more. :D :D :D
Shiny Vulpix about 39 chains at search level 48.
And just some minutes ago finally got the Shiny Absol. So far the most hard and frustrating chain I ever had! It actually took me 289 chains not counting yesterday while i broke one at about 160 and another i got as far as 102 but i was almost falling asleep that i couldn't take it anymore.
But phew! I got it! I'm so happy about this one cause Absol is one of my top favorites and I love that red color and those teal green eyes are so beautiful! Heart

edit: almost forgot, my Search Level on Absol was 529 by the time i got the shiny!