Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
This thread is absolutely perfect!

Make sure to update it though please when more information comes along so we can stay updated Smile

/request to sticky
(Nov 27, 2014, 06:46 PM)Oreo Wrote: This thread is absolutely perfect!

Make sure to update it though please when more information comes along so we can stay updated Smile

/request to sticky

I'm glad you like it! I'll be updating it at least once a day.

In fact I'll be updating it right now!

Thanks for your feedback!
(Nov 26, 2014, 02:24 AM)Jack Wrote: 1. If you do not find a rustling bush after pressing search then you know the chain is broken.  The encounters have to be consecutive with one another.

Not true. It seems you can run around until a rustling bush appears without the DexNav. If you run into this patch REGARDLESS OF WHAT POKEMON APPEARS and faint what you encounter then your chain WILL CONTINUE. After that you can resume trying to search using the DexNav. This means that the only real way to break your chain is to ignore the rustling patches, leave the route, or fail to sneak up on the patch.

It's seriously hard to break a chain here in ORAS compared to when we used the PokeRadar in X/Y.
(Nov 27, 2014, 08:34 PM)Joushou Wrote:
(Nov 26, 2014, 02:24 AM)Jack Wrote: 1. If you do not find a rustling bush after pressing search then you know the chain is broken.  The encounters have to be consecutive with one another.

Not true. It seems you can run around until a rustling bush appears without the DexNav. If you run into this patch REGARDLESS OF WHAT POKEMON APPEARS and faint what you encounter then your chain WILL CONTINUE. After that you can resume trying to search using the DexNav. This means that the only real way to break your chain is to ignore the rustling patches, leave the route, or fail to sneak up on the patch.

It's seriously hard to break a chain here in ORAS compared to when we used the PokeRadar in X/Y.

Thanks for the info!
It does seem hard to break a chain, but you have to do a lot of chains in order to find a shiny, so I guess it makes up for it.

I have edited this, and you have been credited.

(Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 PM)Capo_3rd_Fret Wrote: Just thought you all would be interested that Joe updated Serebii with some findings on the DexNav and chaining.

Just saw this! Thanks for the info.
Thanks.
You're still saying that if you don't find a Pokemon with the DexNav search that the chain is broken. I told you that this is not true but you misinterpreted my words.

This is a more inclusive version of the method:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments...y_pokemon/
(Nov 28, 2014, 10:46 AM)Joushou Wrote: You're still saying that if you don't find a Pokemon with the DexNav search that the chain is broken. I told you that this is not true but you misinterpreted my words.

This is a more inclusive version of the method:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments...y_pokemon/

Nickel like 2 seconds ago just confirmed that true.
(Nov 27, 2014, 06:46 PM)Oreo Wrote: This thread is absolutely perfect!

/request to sticky

Hey guys! I have been using this method for two days now and I already have caught a shiny vulpix and shiny KAKUNA! I highly re commend using this method. I have found that it is easy to chain on mirage islands, as they usually contain large grassy areas. The search level has nothing to do with your chances of getting a shiny; I got up to 600 on a pikachu and never caught a shiny. What I definitely have learned is that the BEST way to keep the chain going with the dexnav is to hit "search" at the same spot OUTSIDE of the grassy area after every battle, I've gone 100 without the dexnav being unable to find the pokemon this way, and every time I try to search from in the grass the chain ends. Hope this helps!
(Nov 29, 2014, 10:27 AM)ProfessorOak Wrote: What I definitely have learned is that the BEST way to keep the chain going with the dexnav is to hit "search" at the same spot OUTSIDE of the grassy area after every battle, I've gone 100 without the dexnav being unable to find the pokemon this way, and every time I try to search from in the grass the chain ends. Hope this helps!

That's probably only because when you are in the grass patches you are using the DexNav Search feature when there are little or no grassy patches in the Search's 'sweet spot'. It does work in the grass as well as outside, you just need to be mindful of the location.
Updated the Post with current information!

I have finals in 1 week! I will not be as active as usual!
i caught a shiny Zangoose on Route 114
search level exactly 100
40+ Chain
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~