Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokemon GO Release Date 2016 Video and Info Thread
Exclamation 
Since most of the members of this site live in America you might be waking up to realize that Pokemon Snap 2 is finally coming out! Well sort of. It's a new app called Pokemon GO and it's release date is set for 2016. It apparently uses augmented reality and a bluetooth device that acts as both a Pokeradar and a Pokeball. You can then catch Pokemon on your mobile device and battle other trainers with them I believe.
  • Here's the announcement video:

• Here is the Pokemon GO Plus Device. I think you can wear it as either a pin or a wristband. You can probably even keep it in your pocket. I'm going to make a necklace. How are you going to wear yours?
[Image: JHW6U0B.png] [Image: EviL96X.png]

That's about all the info we have for now. As soon as I hear anything I'll make sure to keep you all updated!
  • Question 1: How are you going to wear your Pokemon GO Plus?
  • Question 2: What additional features would you like this to have?
I'm hoping we get Shiny Pokemon (This has to happen)
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I needed to drop by, by just saying that this is pretty sweet looking.

Hype train?

I would probably wear this thing like a bracelet, or maybe just pocket it. I'd really need to see the whole thing before I make decisions though.

Additional features? I want to be able to play with a Pokemon.
I want to be able to have a MAIN Pokemon. I want to feed it. I want it to interact with other people's Pokemon. Positive, negative, games. Whatever.

{Also general mini games!]

This may be asking for too much, though.

What's the price point?
i hope they make it so only some pokemons are available in some areas. if you want the whole pokedex you have to travel worldwide.

Kappa
HO-LY CRAP chilhood dream come true... i'd totally rock a wristband AND i'd like to see shinies of course and interaction with them all... also, events, where you go to a local place on your location for certain pokemon/special pokes... SO HYPE! :D:D
Flynn you're the man but never compare this to pokemon snap again.

I want to start off by saying who here still plays with their AR cards that were packaged in with the 3ds? Who enjoys playing their video games under a beautiful glarring sun?

This truly is the start of the end of video games as I know it. What a horrid idea Pokemon Go is. I can't believe people are excited about this FCOL.
(Sep 10, 2015, 06:54 AM)Pokélander Wrote: Flynn you're the man but never compare this to pokemon snap again.

I want to start off by saying who here still plays with their AR cards that were packaged in with the 3ds? Who enjoys playing their video games under a beautiful glarring sun?

This truly is the start of the end of video games as I know it. What a horrid idea Pokemon Go is. I can't believe people are excited about this FCOL.

And the video is so fake too. I mean come on! A legendary pokemon event happening somewhere other than Japan. As if that will ever happen.
On top of all that who here has heard of Ingress or has actually played it? ... If its soooo popular how come I have never heard of it? Oh thats right its a CelI phone game tailored towards non-gamers for a quick cash grab just like Shuffle/Rumble... I have been patiently waiting for a full stereoscopic game for the 3ds that runs at 60 fps and this is the garbage we get.
(Sep 10, 2015, 07:26 AM)Pokélander Wrote: On top of all that who here has heard of Ingress or has actually played it? ... If its soooo popular how come I have never heard of it? Oh thats right its a CelI phone game tailored towards non-gamers for a quick cash grab just like Shuffle/Rumble... I have been patiently waiting for a full stereoscopic game for the 3ds that runs at 60 fps and this is the garbage we get.
You're think to much into this, next year is the 20th anniversary so there doing a lot of stuff including a new game, a new game is come and that's 100% true , as for pokemon go it was just revealed yesterday so that's why you haven't heard about it, do I agree when you say it's probably gonna be another was to get money, probably, but don't worry that game were all looking for and desperately wanting is on its way it's only a matter of time until they reveal it Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I don't think I'm reading too much into this, one could say your not reading enough into it yourself. Sure we may get a new game announced next year but this is where games are headed in a few years HENCE "Nintendo NX". Why spend millions on game development over 2 years when people are willing to give you the same amount of money for a game that was produced in half the time by half the amount of workers?

If you think companies can keep up that practice than you're just blind to the ever changing industry my friend... Riddle me this, hows Capcom and Konami doing....lol thats what I thought.

I was talking about Ingress Anime... why have'nt I heard of Ingress? Needless to say the answer was retoricle.
(Sep 10, 2015, 07:55 AM)Pokélander Wrote: I don't think I'm reading too much into this, one could say your not reading enough into it yourself. Sure we may get a new game announced next year but this is where games are headed in a few years HENCE "Nintendo NX". Why spend millions on game development over 2 years when people are willing to give you the same amount of money for a game that was produced in half the time by half the amount of workers?

If you think companies can keep up that practice than you're just blind to the ever changing industry my friend... Riddle me this, hows Capcom and Konami doing....lol thats what I thought.

I was talking about Ingress Anime... why have'nt I heard of Ingress? Needless to say the answer was retoricle.
Oh yeah lol I read that first part wrong :P, and yeah I agree with you for the most part you make excellent points , but isn't Nintendo technically doing what we want taking a little more time to produce gen 7, yeah I now pokemon go and pokken tournament are being released but they don't take up the next game they're basically filler to keep fans occupied (which isn't working lol ) until the next game
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~