Poll: What Do You Think About Blastoise?
This poll is closed.
BLASTOISE IS THE COOLEST POKEMON EVARRRR
18.18%
2 18.18%
I think Blastoise is pretty cool. But i dont LOVE it.
81.82%
9 81.82%
Blastoise is disgusting.
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Of The Day: Blastoise (2016-02-24)
Hello, I decided to start making threads of each pokemon.

If you didn't know, Everyday there are new pokemon of the day. Everyday I will be talking about these new pokemon and asking you what you think about those pokemon.

I think Blastoise is pretty cool. I like his design. A turtle with cannons on the back of it that shoots water that can literally kill you!

What do you think about Blastoise?
Blastiose was the every first Pokemon I was introduced to when my older brother decided to give me his copy of Pokemon Red to pass the time (probably to make me stop crying). Think I was 4 years old at the time but I just remember spamming Surf, Skull Bash, and Blizzard on a bunch of level 4 Pidgeys and Ratattas. From a design perspective, Blastiose is the OG Water-type every Pokemon fan recognizes almost immediately like the same with Charizard. I mean what's cool about a turtle that has cannons on its backs and arms (Mega). Competitively speaking Blastiose was only sup par as a good wall until it got a Mega Evo to give it some firepower with its pulse moves. For sure Game Freak gave Blastiose Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, and Dark Pulse as a buff to take advantage of the Mega Launcher ability and to give it a bit of viability. Overall Blastiose will always be one of my favorites from the original 151 Kanto Dex.
Question in gen 7 should Mega Laucher add beam moves to what it boosts or would that make it broken

7.8 out of 10 too many water starters
Blastoise has been one of my all time favorite starter Pokemon. I really came to love it more because of May and Ash's Squirtle and how much of a good Pokemon it was in the anime but when I first picked up FRLG and picked Squirtle, I then came to realize the true power of Blastoise. Design-wise it's a tortoise with cannons on its back, pretty cool huh? When it got the Mega evolution, the buffs it got were very significant and I was glad to see it get an ability that took its design into consideration unlike other Mega Evolutions (Alakazam, Gallade, Pidgeot, Ampharos, Heracross).

What I would like to see is Mega Launcher getting a buff that boosts the power of Flash Cannon and Hydro Cannon to make it a bit more of a threat in competitive as well as configure the sprite animation so it shows Blastoise, in both forms, shooting water, ice or whatever ranged move it is out of its cannons like it does in the anime
[Insert signature here]
I first fell in love with blastoise when i saw it in the first pokemon move. Go Shellshocker! That's also the first time I i heard someone call a pokemon with a nickname. Mega Blastoise's "beard" also gave it an awesome look!

[Image: pokemon___mega_blastoise_by_sa_dui-d6l3lee.jpg]
(art by sa-dui)
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Blastoise is one of my favorite Pokemon. It was my first Pokemon I love it! It's also really good competitively, because it has way too much coverage! ^_^