Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Question about breeding
I have a quick question. When an egg is ready, the girl crosses her arms. Why does it seem like the eggs come in "waves"? There are 5 eggs that come back-to-back and then I don't get another egg until after I hatch the other eggs. Am I paranoid or is there some sort of mechanic that makes the eggs come in "waves"?
(Jan 25, 2018, 02:55 PM)moo311 Wrote: I have a quick question. When an egg is ready, the girl crosses her arms. Why does it seem like the eggs come in "waves"? There are 5 eggs that come back-to-back and then I don't get another egg until after I hatch the other eggs. Am I paranoid or is there some sort of mechanic that makes the eggs come in "waves"?

Im interested in this aswell, I've also noticed it.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
I’ve noticed this too. Could be we are all paranoid or we could be right.
Perhaps it is coded this way because you can only have 5 eggs in your party, and it's supposed to wait a little while until one hatches so that you can replace it?
Y'all are Paranoid, she only crosses her arms when I have 5 eggs in my party, and get a drought when I have 0  Sad
Mawr
I guess we all agree that there's something wrong with the girl who gives us an egg
@moo311 Go to the GAME FREAK office in HeaHea City and battle Morimoto to get the Oval Charm, that's probably what you're missing
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris I have the oval charm though. I'm just thinking that it's some code to allow people to hatch eggs without being overwhelmed by them
@moo311 

As a minor authority on breeding here, I can safely weigh in by saying that it's entirely RNG. Here's how I know:

The chance of an egg being produced is determined by the species and ownership of the parents, as you probably already know. Same species, different trainer, you have a 75% chance of producing an egg per cycle (roughly 256 in-game steps). Same species, same trainer, 50% per cycle. So on until you have different species from the same trainer at only 25%. The Oval Charm does increase the chance per cycle by about 1 roll, but this still means that depending on what mon you're breeding with, the chances could change entirely.

If say you started with a Ditto from a friend and a Hawlucha for instance, that's a 50% chance to produce an egg per cycle. However, if after a Hawlucha hatches with better IVs, and you switch out Ditto for something with the desired 5 or 6 IVs just a different species like Lucario (which you also breed), the chance goes down to 25% per cycle. So switching parents can affect this 'wave' as you call it.

If you're referring to the times when eggs appear immediately after only a few steps, that's because the game already generated another egg to appear after the previous cycle, and was simply waiting for you to claim the first one.

Other than that, these waves are completely RNG, and certain instances could hopefully be explained away using some of the scenarios I've described. Hope that helped you, moo!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Like 0kamii said, it's all RNG and there's no mechanic to stop you from getting too many eggs. If I'm breeding something with a decent amount of hatch steps (dragon egg groups, Eevee, etc) I can usually have anywhere from 10-20 unhatched eggs in my box waiting for me to hatch them. Just back sending eggs to box with a full party of eggs plus my flame body mon.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades