Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Accelgorating to victory! Serious Help Needed!
Hi guys back with another quick sketchy team i put up a few days ago for you guys to rate and give me further advice on improving this team, i have done some matches and it was quite a 30-70 thing b/w loss and win.i though putting it up will be good, enough of me blathering let's get started:
*Changes/Updates are in blue*

[Image: accelgor.gif] "YES THIS IS VGC"
Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Feint
- Final Gambit
- Gastro acid

* Is it a bird? is it a plane? Chill out guys it's just a Levitating Ninja. *
Accelgor was the start of the team that was gonna be thrown in the box anyway, but hey who knew this could be a pokemon used in a good team. I liked it’s awesome base 145 speed stat. then i when the listed moves and it did learnt some good ones like feint and me first. i though it was quite a waste until i came up with an idea. yup running 252 HP *weird* investment allowed it to max it's HP and do as much damage *max 187* as possible. feint was great with kangaskhan's fake out lead as well as with easy predictions and don't leave perish trap, i had infestation instead of protect but considering fake out it was replaced by protect, I re-checked it's movepool and it learned the better skill swap, yup Gastro acid it couldn't have been better

[Image: kangaskhan-mega.gif]
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Double-Edge

* Mommy's here to take over! *
This is my first time using a kangaskhan on a team that i built,i just slapped it on the team, later realized it synergized well with the members of it while the complete team was made. this weird set helps me deal with heatran, tyranitar,excadrill (sand in common) bisharp, aegislash and psychic types in general with crunch, drain punch, double edge is there for some power fake out is great and also self explanatory. drian punch also synergizes well with double edge. i like to call it the mega of leads, as it pairs up well with accelgor and kingdra is also helped by it to set up focus energy.

[Image: politoed.gif]
Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 76 SpA / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Toxic

* Frogdog the 3rd. Alex Ogloza references *
This is a great spread, ain't gonna lie, was picked up from smogon, it survives some of the most common attacks while the sp.atk investment OHKO'es 4 HP lando-t behind rain. i opted for speed control, icy wind to slow down most mega mons especially base 100's before m-kang comes in to wreck everything. Helping hand is to help out jolly kang and also kingdra in the absence of life orb. Nothing much to say about this member apart fro these few points. Just like Collin Heier i needed to counter opposing bulky water types with this team, used his idea of using toxic.

[Image: kingdra.gif]
Kingdra @ Razor Claw
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 140 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect
- Focus Energy

* Critdra *
Kingdra is self explained though, it had to come as i just threw rain on the team. i wanted to try something different for kingdra this time nd the set item choice and move set is quite self explanatory, yes! lord !Critdra!. i maxed Sp.atk with enough investments to outspeed landorus-t after rain and the remainder was evenly tossed into bulk factor. Kingdra is simple and i love the fact.

[Image: noivern.gif]
Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt / Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Protect

Ok as Delta suggested, at first i wasn't likely to replace jolteon over this but the problems with mega venusaur AH! i hated it the most and wanted something to counter it back, yup 100% accurate hurricane does the job, on this slot thunder goodra was also tried but it was ditched because of the same idea of m-venu. i went for flamethrower t shut down ferrothorn shenanigans before, or after rain, this slot really made be feel safe going into matchups, taunt is also an exception over this move.

[Image: escavalier.gif]
Escavalier @ Lum berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Quick Guard

* A Knight who guards too *
Oh thank god i realized how dub this team was going, escavalier is the perfect fit i ever could have found, i had the fastest pokemons, welcoming TR to destroy me, sylveon if prepped for m-kang was gonna destroy everything, no amoongus counters :/ where was i all this time, had to get the special package of all in one excavalier. in addition to all this escavalier's ability to take over defense behind rain is oh so great, nothing much can OHKO it. Quick guard utilizes this team, as also it is quite a surprise, it helps me against t-waves, W-o-W's from prankster mons and don't count out the +6 azu's aqua jet, i didn't really needed drill run for anything though. i ran lum berry over occa berry because i saw many things that burnt me before i even made a move, rendering me useless.

Conclusion:
Thanks for reading through, just leave suggestions while you can this team really can work well until some slots here and there get shaky and then finally adjusted. Hope you guys have ideas fixing what my dumb mind forgot about.
Well, I am in love with your team. Especially the Escavalier. I love that guy. I would run Megahorn over X-Scissor, just because Megahorn is the literal definition of a nuke. I am not in love with the idea of an Occa Berry, but I don't know. I have never run him without a Life Orb. I will explain later why I am excluding LF on him. I would also like to point out, it is hard to evolve Escavalier and Accelgor, because you need to trade them.... for each other. I just find that so funny.

Anyways, excluding any electric legendaries, Jolteon is a decent call, but Noivern is, in my opinion, better. Why? Well, let me explain. Noivern can summon Hurricanes. Noivern can summon a loud, loud, loud bang in the form of Boomburst. AND NOIVERN CAN SUMMON THE FREAKIN APOCALYPSE WITH DRACO METEOR! He is very fast (not Jolteon fast, but 7 base speed behind) and has a ton of powerful moves (mentioned above) as well as U-Turn, and a decent amount of defense (at least enough to survive a Rock Slide from Landorus). He also gets Frisk as an ability, which is, ya, a full body cavity search for for your opponent's pokemon. I don't like to think about it.
Go for Raichu over Jolteon. When people see your Raichu in team preview, they will be reluctant in coming in with Thundurus or any other electric type in the format and spamming Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt. Also Raichu has Fake Out support, a decent offensive movepool, access to speed control via Nuzzle/Thunder Wave, the Lightning Rod ability and Helping Hand to support Kingdra.

I'm with Delta on the Occa Berry comment. You have the rain to drop the damage from being 4x to 2x effective, meaning Escavalier now has a chance to tank Fire moves. Lum Berry or Life Orb would be nice on this set. I personally run Lum Berry on my Escavalier because of how it always gets burnt when I play it. By the way, Megahorn over X-Scissors. Megahorn actually has a good chance to OHKO Cresselia and does a huge chunk to mons on a neutral hit. The 15% less accuracy is worth the 40 addition BP. Not sure as to how I feel about running Quick Guard AND Protect seeing as how if you Quick Guard it reduces the chance of you being able to Protect the following turn. To round out your coverage against Ghost types, I suggest running Knock Off over Quick Guard. Since Escavalier is slower than Aegislash, you pick up the OHKO right there. Also Knock Off is good for disabling popular scarfers, leftovers Pokemon, safety goggles (not that your team really takes advantage of that) and Pokemon with damage boosting items.

And other thing, why Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor. When you're at maximum crit ratio, you have 100% critical hit rate. Critical hits ignore the opponents defense boosts as well as your attack and special attack drops meaning Draco Meteor will always hit as hard as it did the first time, every time.
[Insert signature here]
I would like to point out something here. I love Noivern, but he just can't me modest. If he is modest, then his two biggest threats (Greninja and Salamence) with outspeed, and KO him. Well, I guess he can run modest, but I would not recommend it.
thanks to everyone who participated in the rating of this team, the team has been finalized and all done with i shorlty will be posting an update attachment to where it was finally reported, hope you'll enjoy going through it in much depth! Bye.