Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] April international challenge team
Hello I would like some final feedback on this team before I hatch it out in the game and its for doubles forrmat. 
Togedemaru @ Electrium Z  
Ability: Sturdy  
Level: 50  
EVs: 192 HP / 72 Atk / 236 SpD / 8 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Protect  
- Poison Jab  
- Zing Zap  
Togedemaru is on my team for only fake out.The reason for this is to go along side with Mandibuzz so its able to set up a tailwind without a problem and to deal with those tapus.The ev spread seems to be able to 2hko most tapus that are a threat to me and be able to take some decent damage

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 4 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Def / 228 SpD / 20 Spe  
Careful Nature  
- Extreme Speed  
- Wild Charge  
- Flare Blitz  
- Protect  
Good old Arcanine is on to get rid of those peski Celesteela I see around.He seems like a good wall against 3 out of the 4 tapus and hes able to get rid of any pokemon that seem a treat to me.

Mandibuzz @ Mental Herb  
Ability: Big Pecks  
EVs: 164 HP / 76 Def / 252 SpD / 16 Spe  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Tailwind  
- Taunt  
- Foul Play  
- Roost  
Mandibuzz is one or if not the most important memeber to this team with his tailwind.Hes mostly on to counter any other other garchomps,salamence and
other arcanines that threating my team in this format with his foul play 

Garchomp @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Rough Skin  
EVs: 4 HP / 184 Atk / 28 Def / 120 SpD / 172 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Claw  
- Earthquake  
- Poison Jab  
- Rock Slide  
Old man garchomp over here seems like a regular in this format but he seems to surprise tapus with his assualt vest.He seems to be able to take hits as much as he throws back at his attacker.The ev spread seems to work well against lele and koko who are massive threats to his well being 

Milotic @ Adrenaline Orb  
Ability: Competitive  
EVs: 168 HP / 12 Def / 52 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Protect  
- Ice Beam  
- Scald  
- Recover  
Miltonic seems to look like a werid choice but hes work wonders for me its his ablity.Arcanine and slamences seem not to enter the battle due to the fear of raising its special attack.So this goes great with garchomp due to fear of more powerful Salamences taking him garchomp

Mimikyu @ Figy Berry  
Ability: Disguise  
EVs: 92 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 182 SpD / 34 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Trick Room  
- Shadow Sneak  
- Play Rough  
- Protect  
Mimikyu with trick room along side with a tailwind user what are you thinking?The main reason why hes even on this team is to counter trick room teams.The main problem Ive found just running tailwind is trick room teams rekt me.So if I see a trick room team I go with mimikyu instead to counter them trick room teams 

Any feedback is appreciated
Regarding the team as is, honestly there are many conflicting / questionable item choices which I don't really understand given the current metagame trend. For starters, I'm not sure why you'd need Electrium Z on Togedemaru when it can still provide a decent amount of support with say an Air Balloon, or Focus Sash. Same can be said about the Arcanine since it seems like it be "better" to run it with an Assault Vest, and Garchomp should have Groundium Z. Now I'm not going to go thru every Pokemon per say since I do thing there is some potential with this team, but I'll just say what mons I'd replace if it were mine. Again, you are welcome to consider these changes.

Togedemaru @ Focus Sash / Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 132 HP / 120 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zing Zap
- Encore
- Spiky Shield

Typically, most of the Togedemaru sets are generally there to support the team from taking any Electric-type attacks from the likes of Tapu Koko, Xurkitree, Alolan Raichu, etc. The speed investment allows Togedemaru to outspeed Arcanine and Tapu Lele for sure as it can Zip Zap flinch, or even lock targets into Encore. Spiky Shield is a better version of Protect as you deal damage if the opponent makes contact. Again not much to say about Todegemaru, though if you are facing a ton of Electric-type Pokemon or users, try to keep it around as long as possible. The item choice is up to you as Focus Sash allows Togedemaru to withstand one fatal hit, meanwhile Air Balloon lets it be immune to all Ground-type attacks as long as its item is intact.

Arcanine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Wild Charge / Snarl

Assault Vest Arcanine can be rather suprising for the opponent as it can withstand some strong special Z-Moves like Z-Psychic or Z-thunderbolt from Lele and Koko respectively. The moveset is somewhat self explanatory, yet will say Bulldoze is mostly their to give its partners some form of speed control aside the Mandibuzz. The last moveslot is somewhat tricky given Wild Charge might get redirected to Togedemaru and Arcanine won't deal any Electric-type damage. I listed Snarl in case you want to reduce the special attack output of the opponent while "trick" them into thinking you aren't a support Arcanine with wisp or Roar.

Mandibuzz @ Misty Seed
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 196 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Snarl / Taunt
- Roost
- Tailwind

Same Mandibuzz set with more special defense investment, and notably the Misty Seed, which will activate if you lead with Tapu Fini (will get to later). Again the only real changes or suggestions to consider is if you want to have Snarl or Taunt. As mention, Snarl reduces the special attack of the pokemon by -1, while Taunt can be useful to prevent setup.

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 60 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 132 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance / Poison Jab / Rock Slide
- Protect

Standard Z-Earthquake Chomp with Adamant nature is perhap one of the most dominate Pokemon in the VGC 17 format and with Good reason. After a Sword Dance boost, few Pokemon are able to withstand this attack that aren't rediculously defensive, or have a resistance / immunity. Put Adamant nature given your speed control options with Mandibuzz and Arcanine to a degree. Now the only other suggestions would be Fire Fang to hit opposing Steel-types like Kartana or Celesteela for Super Effective. If you don't like Sword Dance and want coverage, Poison Jab or Rock Slide can suffice. 

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 124 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

CM Fini is still relevant in this metagame given Calm Mind allows it to beat many Pokemon like Porygon2 thanks to its large special defense stat. The goal will likely be to lead with either Mandibuzz / Togedemaru in orther to get special raise an deal strong damage over time. Muddy Water is a rather annoying move to use given it can drop the accuracy of both targets at times, though its inaccurate. 

Kartana @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 84 HP / 20 Atk / 4 Def / 148 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

Was originally going to recommend Celesteela on this team, but I feel that Kartana is better given the fact the team needs an offensive mon that can presssure the opponent. The Assault Vest allows Kartana to withstand some strong special attacks while get potential beast boost raises over time. The moveset is somewhat standard, though Night Slash is listed to hit opposing Ghost-types like Drifblim, Gengar, or Alolan Marowak for super effective. 

Well anyways that's the team. Hopefully you get to test this team out in battle for yourself as honestly that's the best way to evaluate its success.
@Black117  Thank you for your feedback  

Togedemaur-Togedemaur with seems like a waster in my opioion but now that you informed me that it absorbs electric attacks it seems much better than running sturdy.Also I dont really see the point of encore I think I'll rather run nuzzle to get rid of any flying pokemon that'll be immune to bulldoze 

Arcanine-The set you recommened to me seems better than mines so I'll see if it works out for me.The only thing I dont like about the set you recommened to me was the assault vest which I'll rather have on garchomp so it can surive longer than usally it would.What do you think about running Firium Z for sure to 1hko celestella and any other threats that appear to me

Mandibuzz-Seems okay to me but the only thing that im worried about is trick room teams and a wasted item.Mystic seed seems okay but I dont really see the point if theres a chance of them bringing from what I see alot trick room teams or no tapu fini.It just seems like a waste of a slot depending on the oppenent 

Garchomp-Its mostly the same but assualt vest seems more better when tapus and other special attackes are around and their gonna go for garchomp

The other 2 ill consider but my only problem is trick room teams seem common so theres no pokemon to counter trick room pokes besides mandibuzz and then yet they can have white herb so someone with trick room seems like an ideal choice to reverse trick room.