Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Death by Perish Trap!
Hi guys i am back with another post this time i would be discussing with u guys a perish trap team i wanted to build around. pretty much everything knows what this is, Wolfe glick's team was the most successful perish trap team, alot of ideas have been derived from his team, before building this team i wanted to take guideline of Wolfe's team and i wanted to build around the following ideas

. 2x pokemons with perish song (jigglypuff and gengar)
. 2x pokemons with shadow tag (gothitelle and gengar)
. Ways to shut down opposition of heavy attackers. (2x intimidaters and snarl)
. Switch in strategies making team much more effective (u-turn and eject button)
. Fake out to deal with taunt on turn one's.
. Weather disruption.
. Protect stall on 100% of the team

These were some of my personal ideas going into the build:

. Atleast one way to handle pokemons outside of perish trap.
. Utilizing the move infestation to make perish death easy.
. Good overall switch in synergies.
. Using roar somewhere in the team.
. All bulk investments.

Without anything further i'll head into the actual team i build. this still needs alot of suggestions and improvements. so first of all i needed to create a skeleton of my team and write down on paper what i needed for a successful perish trap team,first i choose the two best shadow tag pokemons, directly from Wolfe's team the EV spreads were made for the purpose of a perish trap team and were all what i needed:

[Image: gothitelle.gif]
Gothitelle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
- Psychic

In this spread i just changed the sitrus berry to mental herb because i didn't wanted to many taunts to threaten me and my no.1 priority in the team was to avoid ways of being taunted as it destroys the whole team's strategy. mental herb often works out well saving matches.

[Image: gengar-mega.gif]
Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Substitute

This spread is also pretty much the same one, i again changed disable for substitute it to avoid the taunts aimed at it (scrafty/dewgong + gengar).

[Image: scrafty.gif]
Scrafty @ Eject Button
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 88 Def / 164 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Snarl
- Drain Punch
- Protect

Up next is scrafty on my team, i changed its set alot while i builded the team. i putted on eject buttton on my scrafty so that i can get multiple turns of intimidating my opponents and fake out is always good to stall out your opponents. eject button also gains me the advantage of leading scrafty + my perish song mon, then getting hit switching out into my tag mon and increase their bulk potentially. drain punch is for recovery and also for getting damage on dark types which threaten goth and gengar. i choose snarl over knock off, crunch to get my opponents weaker under the trap.

[Image: landorus-therian.gif]
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Landorus was the perfect pokemon in this slot. as i mentioned searching a mon to help outside the trap, lando-t serves the purpose greatly. eject button scrafty and use of u-turn is pretty much the same thing lead with depending on the situation. lando-t is also the second pokemon on the team to weaken physical attackers with it's awesome intimidate ability, other than that it has a pretty standard set.

[Image: jigglypuff.gif]
Jigglypuff @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 60 HP / 244 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Perish Song
- Wish
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Now is the member from which the team starts getting interesting wolfe's tea had a politoed to turn weather in his favour. jigglypuff does pretty much the same thing. i choose it. i choose jigglypuff over wigglytuff because of its HA friend guard which makes my pokemons even more bulkier. behind goth's TR it can turn off advantages of sun teams and fire types, it can also quickly wish and then help back up.

[Image: dewgong.gif]
Dewgong @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick fat
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam

Originally this slot was the same amoongus that wolfe ran with a sitrus berry. i replaced that slot for dewgong as it wasn't being used that much at all. and over some of the following points it gives me over it. i choose a specially defensive set for it to survive elctric attacks and grass types too while lando-t and scrafty can intimidate physical attackers:

. Fake out and Perish song extra coverage (more flexibility)
. Enough to stall out opposition of rain mode.
. OHKO'ing lando-t which is a big threat to gengar.
. Good synergy with Lando-t.

Conclusion:
Hope u guys liked my team and have some suggestions to improve it, i really need some advice in developing the EV spreads of these pokemons, and also some improvements in the movesets of these. Bye 4 now!
Wouldn't one of Dewgong's other abilities be more use than Ice Body since hardy anyone uses hail
A couple things come to mind when I see this set. First off this idea of Jigglypuff and Dewgong is awesome and really brings some unique pokemon to this set. However, bulk wins VGC especially in Perish trap teams. A simple 252/252/4 set on scrafty wont cut it. Take advantage of its special defense because it already starts a battle off with giving the opponent -1. Landorus as well, maybe invest some more HP and less speed considering its scarfed. Gengar do not touch its already good. With Gothitelle,Dewgong and Jigglypuff spread the evs out more. Also this team lacks recovery, maybe put leftovers instead of mental herb on Gothitelle or Instead of eject button on Scrafty. With that I dont really see a point of running that on Scrafty. Here are some sets you can use instead.

Scrafty @Assault Vest
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 164 Def/ 88 Sp Def
Nature: Relaxed
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Snarl/ Super Fang
- Fake Out

Gothitelle @Leftovers
252 HP/ 132 Def/ 124 Sp Def
Nature: Bold
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Calm Mind/ Heal Pulse
- Psychic/ Psyshock

Jigglypuff @Eviolite
60 HP/ 244 Def/ 204 Sp Def
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Disable/ Pain Split

Landorus T@ Choice Scarf
160 HP/ 252 Atk/ 60 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake (Rock Slide)
- Rock Slide
- U- Turn (Rock Slide)
- Knock off/Superpower (Rock Slide Kappa)
(All you will use is rock slide KappaHD)

Dewgong @Sitrus Berry
252 HP/ 76 Def/ 180 Sp Def
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Calm
- Fake Out
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam/ Icy WInd
- Protect

All in all this team is pretty solid. A lot of the time Bulk will save you when it comes to VGC. Perish trap is evil and I hate anyone who uses it Kappa but im here to help. If you have any questions about the spread PM me and I hope this helped and good luck battling! :D
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Jul 7, 2015, 09:44 AM)terrorkid94 Wrote: Wouldn't one of Dewgong's other abilities be more use than Ice Body since hardy anyone uses hail

sry it was just a mistake, i choose thick fat over ice body in the original build :P thnx for reminding.
(Jul 7, 2015, 04:04 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote: A couple things come to mind when I see this set. First off this idea of Jigglypuff and Dewgong is awesome and really brings some unique pokemon to this set. However, bulk wins VGC especially in Perish trap teams. A simple 252/252/4 set on scrafty wont cut it. Take advantage of its special defense because it already starts a battle off with giving the opponent -1. Landorus as well, maybe invest some more HP and less speed considering its scarfed. Gengar do not touch its already good. With Gothitelle,Dewgong and Jigglypuff spread the evs out more. Also this team lacks recovery, maybe put leftovers instead of mental herb on Gothitelle or Instead of eject button on Scrafty. With that I dont really see a point of running that on Scrafty.  Here are some sets you can use instead.

Scrafty @Assault Vest
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 164 Def/ 88 Sp Def
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Snarl/ Super Fang
- Fake Out

Gothitelle @Leftovers
252 HP/ 132 Def/ 124 Sp Def
Nature: Bold
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Calm Mind/ Heal Pulse
- Psychic/ Psyshock

Jigglypuff @Eviolite
60 HP/ 244 Def/ 204 Sp Def
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Disable/ Pain Split

Landorus T@ Choice Scarf
160 HP/ 252 Atk/ 60 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake (Rock Slide)
- Rock Slide
- U- Turn (Rock Slide)
- Knock off/Superpower (Rock Slide Kappa)
(All you will use is rock slide KappaHD)

Dewgong @Sitrus Berry
252 HP/ 76 Def/ 180 Sp Def
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Calm
- Fake Out
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam/ Icy WInd
- Protect

All in all this team is pretty solid. A lot of the time Bulk will save you when it comes to VGC. Perish trap is evil and I hate anyone who uses it Kappa but im here to help. If you have any questions about the spread PM me and I hope this helped and good luck battling! :D

first of all thnx alot for the time to giv a reply to my team. i lov the set on scrafty u suggested as i wanted a more bulkier spread than 252/252/4, as far as the AV is concerned in a perish trap team, i wanna stall out the max turns so AV is not an option and eject button is a big part of the strategy. gothitelle is EV'ed to survive specs hydra's dark pulse while it safely sets uo a move or two,taking in consideration how big of a threat to the team it is. thnx for the jigglypuff spread i think it would work better, i can't quite understand the spread for Lando-t u gave me. i was also planning on doing a more specially defensive spread on dewgong to survive most electric grass attacks as possible while the intimidaters pushed others potential down.
There is a huge weakness to Bisharp + Sylveon lead.. a +1 Bisharp basically OHKOs every pokemon except for Scrafty, which is also the reason for its Defiant boost, while Sylveon can OHKO Scrafty and deal about 50% of damage to every other pokemon with Hyper Voice.

Aegislash + M-Gardevoir/Sylveon is also scary, since Aegislash can take a Shadow Ball from M-Gengar and OHKO it back, it can escape from the Shadow Tag on last turn and it can deal a lot of damage to Gothitelle, Dewgong and Jigglypuff, while M-Garde/Sylveon finish the job spamming Hyper Voice.