Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Evil attempts to build a team 2
Hey guys some of you may be aware of my 1st and rather disastrous attempt to build a VGC team well i have lots of good news that teams currently under maintenance indefinitely and has been replaced by this team. This team is a trick room team and utilities a few gimmicks to ensure surprise factor. The formats for VGC btw.

[Image: musharna.png]

Musharna @ Mental Herb
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect

My little dreamer comes to do a couple of functions, firstly set the trick room vs taunters with the mental herb. Secondly dreamer carries strong psychic attacks with energy ball to send swampert and other water types running. Other than this the pokemon serves as a awesome wall while sadly not quite as good as creselia my unwillingness to use legendaries means Musharna comes in as a top option. i'm running protect atm in the 4th slot but i'm not sold on it fully.

[Image: camerupt.png]

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Protect
- Eruption/Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

My teams mega and the first half of the offensive core on the team while i'm undecided on heat wave vs eruption atm i think both are good choices. Flash cannon lets cammerupt turn his fairy resistance into a fairy killer mode especially with a special attack as high as his is. Earth Power gives cammelrupt his other stab and with the attack being single target its a very hard hitter.

[Image: marowak.png]

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Protect

The other half to my offensive core its a little unconventional utilizing the item thick club to double marowaks attack turns the somewhat substandard pokemon into one of the scariest monsters in the game with a stab Eq coming from a pokemon with nearly 300 attack at level 50 (in excess of 500 at level 100) its essentially the 1st coming of mega mawille. Lighting rod is used to help protect other members of the team from electric attacks and thunderwaves while rock slides send flying types to the ground with some force. Lastly knock off adds some utility to the set while giving a nice coverage option although brick break could be an alternative.

[Image: dusclops.png]

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Rest
- Night Shade

My other trick room setter is the crazy hard to ko eviolite dusclops barring a knock-off hitting him there's actually very little this guy fears with will o wisp to debilitate the foes physical attackers and night shade to give him some consistent damage on non normal type foes. Frisk lets him scout the foes items. Lastly rest provides reliable recovery and means the foe can't rely on status to ko him over time meaning he has to be focused by the foe at some point or he will end up causing them significant problems.

[Image: scizor.png]

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Feint/Knock off
- Protect

Originally a conkeldurr to destroy dark types but after fairy types started to crop up everywhere in videos of the new format i went for scizor to better check both types. Bug bite lets scizor attack target to eat their berry while dealing huge damage due to the technician and stab boosts plus the life orb, the result of all these boost should be some pretty hefty damage even to cresellia while stealing her potential sitrus berry for some nice sustain and denying her it. bullet punch is the go to option for hitting fairies and while not the easy 1HKO i'd like it will potentially set up many other members of my team for the easy clean up after the bullet punch. feint or knock off provide that extra utility and i'll decide which one i want after some testing as feint sound very nice with disabling wide guard, quick guard and protect meaning follow up attacks can really hurt the foe sound very useful since wide guard could cause issues for marowak. But knock off has more utility for getting rid of troublesome items. The 3rd member of my offensive unit.

[Image: milotic-f.png]

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

intimidate teams meet your worst nightmare with many common intimidate users such as landerous and salamence being weak to ice the idea of maybe giving a milotic up to +4 special attack in a single turn is a devastating prospect. Otherwise its a very bulky pokemon with access to self recovery and scald to threaten burns on physical attackers.

Lemme know what you guys think but i'll be testing this team asap since i think its actually much stronger than any other vgc team i have produced so far. :D
Well, I guess my Escavalier plan just went out the window with Camerupt being here :D

I'm not really in any position to judge your team, but one thing i did think of is running pain split instead of rest since you're using the eviolite, because then you won't have to wait out the turns of sleep,, but the downside is you won't get back to full HP
Awesome team. You cover TR by having two users. One main tip I'd do is have a pokemon that is fast/semi fast to kill off the people that are there to block TR. Your whole team is a hit or miss with Trick room so be cautious. Can't rep on Marowak becuase I really don't know much about him but good partner for Milotic.
my issue with pain split is status still wrecks you and it can backfire badly if you get outplayed. while rest has its downside its more predictable and therefore controllable + it can still cause headaches for a foe if i need to keep duskclops around to further annoy the opposing team.

EDIT: yea its why i'm mental herb on musharna if theirs taunts etc i need that tr up otherwise i'm a bullet punch and some bulk XD my biggest fear is bisharp tbh as neither of my tr's want to open into him i have multiple answers to him but playing around him is all about the predictions and getting the right leads.
I'm not going to go and rant and give info on the whole team because using it yourself and trying it goes further than advice. Also you become better and find your own crazy things in battle compared to going off other's sayings. If you recongize something wrong within the team the best thing I can say is don't pull out a pokemon just change/add/remove a move for the better of the team.
yea i'm relativity happy with the members although i have a couple of swap options such as a lapras instead of milotic if water types need another answer with freeze dry but overall i have some wobble room to play just wanted to see what you guys thought of this team since you guys have more experience than i do :D