Lucario w/ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVS: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Close Combat
-Ice Kick
-Swords Dance

I'm going to a convention at the end of next week and they are hosting a small pokemon tournament(it says League not VGC/Smogon). This is the team that I am currently working on. Any recommendations/changes/comments are appreciated. Thank you in advance
  • Since it isn't Smogon, you can run Smeargle with the Moody ability and swap out Spikes for Baton Pass.
  • You'd benefit more from teaching Sharpedo Ice Fang over Poison Jab since you'll be hitting more things super effectively and I recommend Life Orb for this build.
  • Since you Excadrill is there for Rapid Spinning, try Air Balloon to cancel out that weakness to Ground when you switch in.
  • Why not max out Chandelure's special attack stat? What is the 48 Defense and Special Defense trying to achieve?
  • I recommend running Ice Punch over Poison Jab and High Jump Kick over Close Combat on Lucario.
[Insert signature here]
Sharpedo is a bad choice for the team simply because it's not mega. Regular Sharpedo is outclassed by a lot of mons and it'll be worthless against a standard singles team. I recommend something like Keldeo, Azumarill, or even Gyarados.
However if you /must/ have it, run life orb with Ice Fang over poison jab. Landorus/Dragons are very common.

Life orb or scarf both work well on Excadrill. If you scarf it, run Adamant.

I don't understand the defensive EV's in Chandelure? or the item for that matter. It's too frail to even bother with defense investment and you should max your SPA to get as much damage or squeeze off any KO's. Specs is always an option on this, as is scarfing it. I prefer scarf.

I would run a fairy move instead of nasty plot, but that doesn't matter too much on Togekiss. However, Razor Fang does not increase your flinch chance. It's a common misconception and you should run something like Leftovers instead.

As for Lucario, take off Poison Jab. You already have Bullet Punch for fairy's and adaptability makes it just as strong as Poison Jab would be. You could use Earthquake, Ice Punch, or even Crunch as your filler move. Also I disagree with using High Jump Kick over CC. The miss is a problem and you need M-Lucario as a sweeper. A ghost type could easily switch in on your HJK and you lose 50% HP. Or even HJK'ing a protecting stall mon ends with the same story.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I don't really see the need to run Baton Pass on Smeargle since he sets up Rocks and web then pretty much dies. What would a solid Azumarill build be? I have heard tanky support and a special attacker and was wondering which would be better for my team. As for the Excadrill, would having an adamant one be more beneficial then a Jolly build? Also, what would a good item be for Chandelure?
(Feb 4, 2015, 09:53 PM)Prism Wrote: I don't really see the need to run Baton Pass on Smeargle since he sets up Rocks and web then pretty much dies. What would a solid Azumarill build be? I have heard tanky support and a special attacker and was wondering which would be better for my team. As for the Excadrill, would having an adamant one be more beneficial then a Jolly build? Also, what would a good item be for Chandelure?

You could run the basic assault vest azumarill set, or even choice banded if you like. I prefer assault vest. Basic 252 HP 252 ATK with: Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Play Rough, and the last is your choice. Knock off, super power both work well.

Adamant is better if you scarf your drill.

I love using scarf Chandelure with max SPA/SPE and modest nature. You can clean up really nice late game matches with shadow ball.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Feb 4, 2015, 09:53 PM)Prism Wrote: I don't really see the need to run Baton Pass on Smeargle since he sets up Rocks and web then pretty much dies. What would a solid Azumarill build be? I have heard tanky support and a special attacker and was wondering which would be better for my team. As for the Excadrill, would having an adamant one be more beneficial then a Jolly build? Also, what would a good item be for Chandelure?

I suggested Baton Pass because if you put the opponent to sleep then get up enough hazards, you can prompt to abuse the stat boosts from the Moody ability by passing them to one of your Pokemon.
[Insert signature here]
What are the specific rules for this tournament? It's pretty crucial to know that before offering any advice regarding building a team.
hey just a question I'm not very much into competitive battling but what's the red card for on chandelier I
Know what it does but I'm just curious why you're running that item
I'm your friendly neighborhood Dragon fun fact I'm one of the only ones who can take a ice beam And laugh right back at you with a outrage
#Teamforum

(Feb 7, 2015, 02:57 PM)Onihige Wrote: What are the specific rules for this tournament? It's pretty crucial to know that before offering any advice regarding building a team.

They really did not say rules for the tournament. They called it "The Katsu Gym Challenge", apparently we pokebattle 8 people and get Gym Badges from them. Thank you Rogue and Marcusube for your help on my team, hopefully it works out for me.