Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Help me with the kanto classic!
Hi this is my first draw for the kanto classic but need some help to chose what physical attacker is better and what to improve.

Dragonite
Atk 76 /SpAtk 252 / Speed 182
multiscale
-Hurricane/Dragon pulse
-Thunder
-Scald
-Earthquake

Arcanine
Hp 248 / Atk 10 / Def 252
Intimidate
-Extreme speed
-Flare blitz
-Morning sun
-Crunch

Clefable
Hp 252 / Def 252 / SpDef 6
Magic Guard
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Moonlight
-Protect

Starmie (special attacker)
SpAtk 252 / SpDef 6 / Speed 252
Natural Cure
-Scald/Surf
-Psyshock
-Thunderbolt
-Ice beam

Venosaur
Hp 232 / SpAtk 252 / SpDef 6 / Speed 20
Chlorophyll
-Giga Drain
-Sludgde Bomb
-Hidden power(fire)
-Amnesia

Then one of thease for physical attack

Machamp                                                                         OR                         Nidoking
Hp 172 / Atk 252 / Speed 86                                                                          Hp 6 / Atk 252
No guard                                                                                                      Sheer Force
-Dynamic Punch                                                                                             -Poison Jab
-Stone Edge                                                                                                   -Thunder punch
-Bullet Punch                                                                                                 -Sucker Punch
-Knock off                                                                                                     -Earthquake

Tell me what do you think

Thanks!!!
Hmmm, nice team! I think you should go with Nidoking as most people go for Clefable.
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
(Feb 4, 2016, 05:57 PM)CharizardSoOP21 Wrote: Hmmm, nice team! I think you should go with Nidoking as most people go for Clefable.

Thanks and yeah Nidoking could help with that
I personnally like to have both a defensive wall/tank and a specially defensive one, and I see both Arcanine and Clelfable are physically defensive. However, your Clefable runs Calm Mind, so it's really your choice, and in this format, two physical walls are not bad either since I saw a lot of Dragonite and Nidoking on Showdown. Anyways, I recommend you test out your team on Showdown, they added the Kanto Classic format and with practice, you can spot your team's weaknesses.
@le2017 Thanks for the idea I was testing it and did good but think that need that special defense wall. Have any recomendation for a pokemon that could work in my team for Sp wall?
(Feb 6, 2016, 10:06 AM)andre_2112 Wrote: @le2017 Thanks for the idea I was testing it and did good but think that need that special defense wall. Have any recomendation for a pokemon that could work in my team for Sp wall?

Well of course Chansey is the most common one but I'll look on smogon and I'll come back with other suggestions. :D
Ok, so I checked and Hypno can be ok I guess, Blastoise and Vaporeon are pretty good, Chansey and Tentacruel are both pretty effective in my experience, Articuno is great but is too crippled by Stealth Rock, that's pretty much it. It really depends on your team's weaknesses I think.
I would recommend using a Dragon Dance Dragonite set

Dragonite
Ability: Multiscale
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Aqua Tail
- Outrage/Dragon Claw

Extreme Speed for priority, Aqua Tail to eliminate Dragonite's checks, mainly Golem and Rhydon. It also hits Charizard, Moltres, Ninetales and Arcanine for a lot. You can run Waterfall if you value flinch chance over higher damage output and slightly lower accuracy

Max speed offensive Arcanine does more now because most people will be running max speed Exeggutor who can threaten a slow Arcanine with Sleep Powder. It's here or there really but the set does work. I would honestly scrap Crunch for either Dragon Pulse or Close Combat. Dragon Pulse for neutral hits (even though it won't be doing much) and Close Combat breaks common rock types.

Unaware Clefable is a better option for dealing with opposing DDance Dragonite and run Wish so you can heal your Dragonite as well as your other team mates.

Sleep Powder is better than Amnesia on this set to be honest and Synthesis keeps Venusaur around longer. No reason to really run HP Fire either

Keep Nidoking and run it mixed with Earth Power, Sucker Punch, Sludge Wave and Thunderbolt/Ice Beam with max speed and special attack EVs alongside a Timid nature

Your team needs hazard control so run Rapid Spin on Starmie over Thunderbolt or Ice Beam (depending on which you think help less).

Your team needs more special walls so maybe run a specially defense Venusaur.

Yeah, that's it. Your team looks pretty decent otherwise
[Insert signature here]