Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Kanto Classic help?
Thanks @zephyr0012 ! I have a snorlax, not a Chansey though. Do you think Perisan would be a good choice?

I would love to battle! When would you be able to?
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
Persian has versatility (Anti-lead, can be physical or special, has a nice movepool, good Revenge Killer w/ Retaliate), and can fit in almost any team. However, it may have a hard time KOing other Pokes aside from the roles mentioned before. It would make a nice surprise against some teams, especially against a Gengar lead. 

Personally, I would prefer Kangaskhan over Persian due to its bulk and Scrappy ability.

I wont be available anytime today, so how about 6pm PST tomorrow?
Nidoking is far more superior to Nidoqueen in this format mainly for damage output and speed. Nidoqueen's bulk isn't as beneficial as Nidoking's raw wallbreaking power. Also not running Sludge Wave allows Clefable to have a field day with your team.

In this format, Wigglytuff is pretty hard to run because it gets 2HKO by nearly everything plus seeing as you have no pivots, you have to hard switch it in to take a hit then take a second one the following turn plus Wigglytuff is abysmal offensively in this meta

I would suggest running a more offensive Clefable with Calm Mind, Moonlight, Moonblast and either Thunder Wave or Heal Bell. Wish passing is nearly impossible but can prove useful in a near end game situation though.

Go for max speed max attack Machamp. Don't run Knock Off but instead run either Thunder Punch, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Taunt or Encore. Since items won't be in play, you basically are forced with a base 65 Dark attack.

Hidden Power Ice is redundant on Alakazam. Either run Substitute or Taunt.

Offensive normal Blastoise isn't good...at all without a damage boosting item. Run a defensive variant with Scald, Rapid Spin, Ice Beam and Roar/Toxic.
[Insert signature here]
Personally, I prefer running Protect rather than Sub or Taunt on Alakazam to fend of priority move users, revenge killers and Retaliate users. Better safe than sorry lol
Substitute fends them off better. Protect shields you for one turn from priority, only one. In the case of Sucker Punch, you can set up a free Substitute then attack the following turn, avoiding getting KOd in the process
[Insert signature here]
(Mar 2, 2016, 02:58 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Substitute fends them off better. Protect shields you for one turn from priority, only one. In the case of Sucker Punch, you can set up a free Substitute then attack the following turn, avoiding getting KOd in the process

Thats only the case if you plan on matching Alakazam up against a Sucker Puncher. Taunt also bypasses Sub, as well as Encore and sound moves. Once your opponent predicts you using Sub and they use Encore, you only end up switching and getting less HP than when you started.

Normally, I would use my Alakazam for Sweeping and damaging pokes switching in. But either way, Substitute is the common option.