Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My First Team
I am wanting to get into competitive battles a little bit and was wanting a little advice on my team. This is my first team.

My first Pokemon is Absol. The ability is Pressure and the item held is Absolite. The move set is Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, Sucker Punch, and Shadow Claw. The EV's are 248 in HP, 252 in Attack, and 8 in SpD. The nature is Adamant.

Next is Aerodactyl. The Ability is Unnerve and the item held is Chesto Berry. The move set is Iron Tail, Stealth Rock, Rock Slide, and Stone Edge. The EV's are 252 in Attack, 252 in Speed, and 4 in SpD with an Adamant Nature.

Third up is Snorlax. The Ability is Immunity and the item is Leftovers. The move set is Amnesia, Rest, Ice Beam, and Toxic. The EV's are 252 in HP, 252 in SpD, and 4 in Defense with a Calm nature.

Fourth is Hippowdon. The Ability is Sand Stream and the item is a Cheri Berry. The move set is Earthquake, Rock Slide, Yawn, and Slack Off. The Ev's are 248 in HP, 252 in Defense, and 8 in Attack with an Impish nature.

Fifth is Chandelure. The Ability is Infiltrator and the item is Red Card. The move set is Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp, and Toxic. The EV's are 128 in HP, 130 in SPD, and 252 in SpA with a Modest Nature.

Last and not least is Espeon. The Ability is Synchronize and the held item is a Colbur Berry. The move set is Psychic, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, and Protect. The EV's are 252 in SpA, 252 in Speed, and 4 in Defense with a Timid nature.

This is my very first team and feedback is greatly appreciated.
Is it for Singles or VGC? Toxic and Stealth Rock don't work well in Double battles. If its for Doubles, the EV spreads should be totally revised, held items too.

Read this article and tell yourself, is your team ready for this meta? http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/an-earl...-overview/

Do you have a way to deal with other common megas such as M-Kang and M-Salamence? How do you stop Hyper Voice Sylveon? These and more questions are the base from which you should start creating your team.
It's for singles
(Jan 29, 2015, 04:58 PM)v7 Silent Wrote: It's for singles

That changes everything - i can't say if your team is good or not since i don't have experience in Singles, sorry!
That's okay
To start it off, your team is really weak to Rock, Dark and especially Water attacks. Invest 252 EVs into speed instead of HP and go for a jolly nature for Absol. Absol is a glass cannon even when mega so running support moves or set up moves isn't a great idea.

By the way, why are you running Calm Mind on Absol?

Run Aerodactyl with a Focus Sash or Life Orb, any other item that isn't a Chesto Berry. The Chesto Berry really isn't useful for this set and if your opponent putting you to sleep is a problem then pivot between Absol-Mega or Espeon as Magic Bounce knocks back all status moves and entry hazards.

I recommend Iron Head over Iron Tail but if you really want the extra damage at a cost for accuracy then that's fine

Since you're running Rest on Snorlax, I would suggest trying Thick Fat over Immunity since Thick Fat reduces damage taken from Ice and Fire moves which your team has weaknesses to.

Also, Snorlax is a physical attacker so I recommend Ice Punch over Ice Beam and you can even try Fire Punch since you are running Toxic which Steel types are immune to and they take super effective damage from the attack. Also, Impish or Bold nature.

Hippowdon is a ground type so why in God's green do you have a Cheri Berry. Ground types can't get paralyzed unless it's by the underused Stun Spore AND Hippowdon is already a slow Pokemon to begin with. I recommend Rocky Helmet but it's up to you what you want to run.

What are you trying to achieve with your Chandelure build? It is a serious question because that is a very odd selection of moves and items

I recommend not running two psychic moves on Espeon. Try Dazzling Gleam or Grass Knot but don't carry so much of one type. Give Espeon the ability Magic Bounce and probably a Life Orb or something.

I don't know what exactly you have in mind for your strategy so I can only suggest moves that appeal to the Pokemon as an individual, not a team player.

Please test you team on the website below and show us some plays so we can work further with what you have:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

This is a battle simulator specifically made for testing out teams so give it a try. Smile
[Insert signature here]