Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My Mega Plant team
Hello there again guys! I'm back once again with a new team!

I finally decided to put my (majestic) mega-Metagross team away and started to make a new team, this time it's featuring a new mega! I tried to make a team with mega Lopunny before (http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-RA...ga-Lopunny) but it's simply not working out for me. Mega-Bun is 2 frail 4 me to handle, which is really sad since mega Lopunny is one of my new favorite megas. I might will bring it to a tourney one day for fun since I don't want that team to rot in my pokepc but don't expect me to ever play serious with it Kappa

But anyways, I had to think of a new mega to use that had more bulk and would survive at least something. So that's how I ended up with mega Venusaur. I might stole this idea from Aaron or Kiev who wrecked me in a forum tourney but let's just forget about those little facts. Just pretend that i'm being original and that no one ever used this mega before okay? Kappa

First look on the team
[Image: 68d1f2175bd63706575329eda0119671.png]

[Image: venusaur_mega_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48rr.gif]
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 220 HP / 196 Def / 28 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

The star of this team is of course, the mega plant aka mega Venusaur! I always wanted to use it back in VGC2014 but I never had the chance to, especially because I jumped into competitive too late. So this year I finally decided to build a team around it! I saw Aaron Zheng using it in his road to ranked videos and the way he's using this thing is great, so that's why I had to give it a try too.

Why no sleep powder? Because the Leech Seed/Protect combo is much much much more viable in my option. It gives Venusaur even more 'bulk' and it's really hard to beat a M-Venusaur in a 2 vs 1 who has set up with leech seed and will most likely stall you out with protects. Or at least that's how I experienced it

[Image: suicune_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48xr.gif]
Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 136 SpA / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Together with Venusaur I lead most of the time with Suicune. I can either set up a tailwind or 'scare' treats to my Venusaur away with scalding/ice beaming them. I also have Suicune in my current team so I know (most of the time) how to work with him and it's a great support pokemon. I really enjoy having him on my team since I can set up a tailwind at least once before it dies thanks to the natural spA bulk + Sitrus berry which is really helpful since my team isn't the fastest one.

[Image: arcanine_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43de.gif]
Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 44 SpA / 104 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

To finish off my grass/water/fire core I decided to use Arcanine. I don't bring it to a lot of my battles but if I do then I will spam snarl to annoy those special attackers, but it's always great to be able to WoW the physical attackers and ruin their day. I stole this Arcanine build from the megathread and so far it does his job with annoying as many pokemons as possible before it faints.

[Image: bisharp_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43b7.gif]
Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Okay so I had my grass/water/fire core complete, time to add some glue to the team! My team was doing well but it was time to delete the 'weak' spots so after thinking a bit I decided to go with Bisharp to take care of the fairies and to cover up my psychic/poison and rock weakness. I never really have been a fan of Bisharp but I have to admit it's a nice pokemon to have in your team, especially with the icy wind gengars i've seen floating around a lot lately.

[Image: zapdos_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48n7.gif]
Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Of course, by now I had a huge ground weakness on my team so I had to do something about that ... sooo why not Zapdos? Zapdos in general is a really strong pokemon, put some choice specs on it and you're done. Zapdos is a pokemon I bring with me a LOT since it gives me answers to so many pokemons that you see most of the time with his HP Ice or heat wave. But a choice specs thunderbolt hurts too for sure, not many pokemon like being hit by it.

[Image: aegislash_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43eg.gif]
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 128 SpA / 56 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

And last but not least I decided to go with Aegislash. I bring Aegislash with me when I feel like I need to have a more bulkier steel type than Bisharp + the wide guard option is nice to have. This stops rock slides/earthquakes/heat waves or hyper voices and gives me a chance to do what I have to do to win some momentum to win the game. Also, having a weakness policy Aegislash on your team is always nice!

Of course this team has some problems, thanks to my double steel + Venusaur + Suicune i'm really (like really) weak to Mega Charizard-Y. I also noticed this when battling on Showdown (if anyone is interested i'm around 1350 for a while now with this team. I keep getting kicked down thanks to Charizard-Y) so if anyone can help me with that then I would greatly appreciate it. I mean I have wide guard on my Aegislash but overheat Charizard is still a thing sadly Kappa
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

Not even bad, Eeveeli!
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
Mega Venusaur for lyfe. Kappa

Very good team you have there Eeveeli especially keeping your choice specs zapdos. Anyways you might want to try looking for pokemon that can beat Charizard Y or Metagross with something like Lanforus-T a try. With all that residual damage, your opponent will definitely rage a bit especially stacking will-o-wisp and leech seed.
This looks really good! Although maybe to take care of that MegaZard Y, you can always replace Aegislash with something like Conkeldurr. That way you can use that slot for something that still has a lot of bulk, can counter MegaZard Y with a (Sheer Force boosted mind you) Rock Slide, AND still can have access to Wide Guard (albeit at the cost of the standard Assault Vest). Hitmontop could work there, too, in theory. Tyranitar might even be an asset as a weather breaker, although you really have nothing else on your team that benefits from the sandstorm. These are just some ideas, I really am by no means an expert here. :P

Overall, though, this team looks really great! (Although it's distinctly lacking a Swoobat kappa )
This team doesn't have Amoongus... I like it Kappa

But seriously, I do like this team, Not something I plan on battling against anytime soon Kappa