Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My Team Needs Help
This is supposed to be a para-flinch team. I'm looking to get rid of Scolipede but i dont know what a better option would be and also maybe Togekiss. I see that i dont have anyway to get rid of Normal Types and Rock can greatly effect my team. Some suggestions of how to make my team better is greatly appreciated. I used these particular EVs spreads on these pokemon out of some laziness and also becuase of the lack of knowledge of how it should be ran properly.

Gastrodon @Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature:Bold
Ev:252 hp 252 Sp. Attack 6 SP. Def
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Muddy Water
-Earth Power

Gastrodon is a pretty tanky pokemon and has the ability storm drain just in case someone tries to use water attacks. It also allows me to a free switch if i Know if a electric attack is coming. Muddy Water reduces accuracy so the RNG will sometimes be on my side and have provided me with clutch situations. I need a new item on Gastrodon can't think of anything so far.

Rotom- Heat @Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
Nature: Modest
EV: 252 HP 252 SP.ATk 6 Sp. Def
-Overheat
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Confuse Ray

Rotom- Heat adds fire coverage to get rid of pokemon that might try to hurt Gastrodon. Thunder Wave makes it harder for pokemon to hit along with Confuse Ray. Covers Water and steel and grass, and bug flying. Rotom is also pretty tanky.

Scolipede @Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
Ev:252 ATK 252 Speed 6 Sp. Def
-Protect
-Steamroller
-Rock Slide
-Poison Tail

Not really sure what I was thinking with this one. I wanted a original team. Scolipede with Speed Boost seemed like a good idea at the time but soon became a liability. Protect...its protect. Steam Roller adds a flinch effect same for Rock Slide. Poison Tail is physcical and helps get rid of grass and fairy types. I really need to get rid of him. He was supposed to get on the field and just create havoc. The more i think about it the more worthless he seems. he was supposed to be one of my sweepers

Togekiss@Kings Rock
Ability:Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 SP. Atk 252 Def 6 Def
-Thunder Wave
-Follow Me
-Air SLash
-Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss is somewhat what my team is mostly what my is formed around along with Aerodactyl. Togekiss is para-flinch king. With thunder wave and air slash and serene grace ability makes it hard for the opponent to hit. I know for sure the EVs spread is wrong because Togekiss gets killed constantly. Kings rock may not add to the chance but it effects still work... right?

Aerodactyl@ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 ATK 252 SPEED 6 hp
-Sky Drop
-Rock Slide
-Ice Fang
-Iron Head

Aerodactyl is my heavy hitter. He covers alot of types and is extremely fast. I figured that a Jolly Nature is not necessary because when he goes mega he is already faster than every pokemon. Rock Slide, Ice Fang, and Iron Head causes Flinches and Sky Drop is a good Flying type move that can take away an opponents move and make it a 1v1 battle.

Murkrow @Focus Sash
Ability:Prankster
Nature: Modest
EV: 252 Sp. Attack 252 Speed 6 Hp
-Quash
-Taunt
-TailWind
-Dark Pulse

Murkrow has to be my favorite pokemon on this team. The move set is awesome. Tailwind allows a boost of speed that makes sure that my pokemon go first. Taunt gets rid of pokemon like Smergle and Amoongus and other setup pokemon. Quash makes the opponent move last for pokemon like Talonflame and other fast pokemon that might take one of my important pokemon out. There have been situations where I used Quash on a Staraptor and i came around with a thunderbolt and OHKO him. Dark Pulse makes pokemon flinch and Murkrow has pretty high Sp. Attack. Focus sash allows two chances to setup.

Battle Videos:

TJLG-WWWW-WW2G-LQAM
NPHW-WWWW-WW2G-EABQ
57MG-WWWW-WW2G-LQ9J

If I have done this thread wrong I apologize.
Okay, were should we begin.

I like Mega Aerodactyl. He is pretty good, and You are running him in his most optimal set. I would go Jolly over Adamant, but other than that, it looks pretty good!

Your Rotom-H also looks good. I would replace Leftovers with Sitrius Berry, and replace Thunder Wave with Will-O-Whisp.

I do quite enjoy Murkrow, but you aren't using it to it's full potential, and that potential is in doubles. This is in Singles (I assume), and so you should use a physical Honchrow. Keep the Focus Sash, and remove Quash. Put in Brave Bird. Then put Night Slash (or Knock Off, if it gets it) over Dark Pulse. Then, it's ability should be Moxie, and you might be able to KO a few pokemon. Make the nature Adamant as well, and run 252 Atk, 252 Spd.

Paraflinch is a very good combo on Togekiss, but I would recommend running Leftovers over King's Rock (King's Rock doesn't even affect moves with a chance to flinch). I would also go 252 Hp, 252 Def, and Calm.

Get rid of Scolipede. It does nothing. Scolipede is normally used to Baton Pass Swords Dance and Speed, but your team doesn't need it, and so, he is useless. If you want something for flinching (and you are using Showdown/Smogon rules) then Scarfed Jirachi with Iron Head is the way to go.

Don't run Expert Belt on Gastrodon. In fact, don't run it as a sweeper at all. It should be a pokemon you switch into a Water type attack. If you are going Smogon, run Leftovers on it. Replace Muddy Water with Scald, and have 252 Hp, 152 Def, 100 SpD, and make it Calm.

That is my two cents. If I am to be honest, I would never use this team.
Also read this thread:

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-ORAS-NO...RE-POSTING
(Aug 2, 2015, 12:14 PM)Delta Wrote: Also read this thread:

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-ORAS-NO...RE-POSTING

Saved me the trouble....
[Insert signature here]
Who should I run instead of Scolipede?
(Aug 2, 2015, 01:08 PM)OdysseusHestia Wrote: Who should I run instead of Scolipede?

I'm not even sure what you want that slot to do. Blazikin would work if you want a speed boost pokemon. Slap a Life Orb on it, give it Protect, Flare Blitz, High Jump Kick, and Knock Off (or Swords Dance) and win. But first, please make your post more akin to the "rules" (I use quotes because they aren't really rules, more guidelines) of Rate My Team. That is what the link is for. It would help me help you.
I changed it to Vgc is that ok?
Oh my GOD. Odysseus, read the Rate My Team notice thread. Your post is lacking the required criteria. This is your last warning
[Insert signature here]
Still need a replacement for Scolipede