Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My VGC 15 Team
So im not very good at making teams i usually put 6 random pokemon i like together and try to make deal with it but i say how people started to submit these awesome teams and i got inspired to sit down and try to make one, and this one is pretty good but like always it can improve Smile

I wanted to base my team around mega gallade

[Image: 475.gif]

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 72 HP / 96 Atk / 48 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Heres tha star of the show mega Gallage he does a massive amount of damage with his Knock Off, and Close Combat. You're gonna want to keep him alive

[Image: 678-m.gif]

Meowstic (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 32 Def / 32 SpD / 208 Spe
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Charm

For Meowstic i wanted to do something other than the normal set so i gave him snatch (steal another pokemons health or stat boost) and Magic Coat (bounces back status inflicting moves or things such as Stealth Rock), so far ive been able to steal stat boost and other things and its been great. Thunder wave has helped alot with fast pokemon and stopping them in their tracks. Psychic does a good amount of damage.

[Image: 663.gif]

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Quick Guard

Talonflame is here to do alot of damage and shut down teams with taunt, this is another moves that has helped me alot

[Image: 332.gif]

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond

Cacturne is the pokemon i use to shut down other teams spikes can prevent focus sash pokemon, sucker punch so the all out attackers and if that doesnt work he must sacrafice Cacturn to Goomy Kappa inorder to bring down my opponent with destiny bond Wink

[Image: 601.gif]

Klinklang @ Air Ballon
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Thunder Wave
- Wild Charge

Klinklang has really suprised me how strong he is a shift gear then Gear grind can wipe out alot of pokemon especially those pesky fairies, you would be surprised what this pokemon can do.

[Image: 706.gif]

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

This special tank has been a big help to my team his Draco Meteor, Thunder Bolt and Fire Blast do alot of damage. \o.

If you would like to see some battles i did here they are.
  • http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoublescurrent-194740873
  • http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoublescurrent-194726257
  • http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoublescurrent-194728720

if there is any suggestions on this team feel free to say them in the comments i may change my team according to your suggestions Wink
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Here is what I would personally improve:
[Image: gallade-mega.gif]
Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast/Justified
Level: 50
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

The EVs give Mega-Gallade the chance to mega with Protect and outspeed threats such as Jolly 4hp/252atk/252spd Garchomp and OHKO it. Close combat for Hydreigon (survives scarf and faster than specs) and other threats. The rest of the Evs are for surviving hits. With Close Combat drop and Intimidate will make Gallade weak fast, so make safe plays with this pokemon.

No image possible :/
Meowstic @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Charm
- Fake Out
- Safeguard

The EVs are designed for outspeeding neutral Thundurus w/ Prankster and Bullet Punch Mega-Lucario easily setting up safeguard or charming physical threats. Fake out support helps Mega-Gallade OHKO or massive damage on choice scarf and is great for certain pokemon that you don't want attacking. T-Wave is still on this set, of course.

[Image: talonflame.gif]
Talonflame @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Quick Guard

This set does the same thing you want to do but does more. Max attack Brave Bird and Overheat (for steel types) do massive damage and possibly OHKO. The EVs are designed for it to outspeed Mega-Lucario so Overheat can be effective since Brave Bird can deal with other faster pokemon. Quick Guard is for priority moves that targets opponent's Talonflame Brave bird that usually target Mega-Gallade. Taunt is to shut down support.

[Image: cacturne.gif]
Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Destiny Bond

The Evs didn't change since Cacture has no real bulk but I removed Spikes for Spiky Shield because Cacture needs protection since it might be doubled-up. Also Spikes are hard to use in VGC format because switching is rarer than singles and Cacture will waste a turn for them which it can be OHKO (I think you can see this from the 3 Smogan Double Battles in which Cacture never used Spikes)

[Image: klinklang.gif]
Klinklang @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Thunder Wave

I like you for using this pokemon but Klinklang is out-class by a lot of pokemon since Earthquake and Fire-moves will almost always be on a VGC team. I replaced Life Orb for Air Balloon in order to avoid Earthquake while setting up. Wild charge is for Talonflame and Water-pokemon that will resist Gear Grind because a setting up Klinklang probably will not Volt Switch. Easily can be OHKO by Garchomp, Talonflame, Ludicolo, Mega-Lucario, Mega-Swampert, Mega-Lopunny, Landorus-T, Mega-Charizard, etc; this list goes on.

[Image: goodra.gif]
Goodra @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

I would replace Earthquake with ice beam because max atk Goodra cannot OHKO Heatran with EQ. But then there would be no spread move damage. So test both and find out which move helps the team.

If you need to move EVs around go ahead and adjust accordingly but its your team so do what you wish.
Also I did damage calcution w/ this calculator against common treats | http://sweepercalc.com/swc/
And I used the updated speed tiers list to help me invest in the right amount of speed | http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/vgc-15-...eed-tiers/
(Dec 18, 2014, 10:51 PM)z2porygon Wrote: Here is what I would personally improve:
[Image: gallade-mega.gif]
Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast/Justified
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

The EVs give Mega-Gallade the chance to mega with Protect and outspeed threats such as Jolly 4hp/252atk/252spd Garchomp and OHKO it. Close combat for Hydreigon (survives scarf and faster than specs) and other threats. The rest of the Evs are for surviving hits. With Close Combat drop and Intimidate will make Gallade weak fast, so make safe plays with this pokemon.

No image possible :/
Meowstic @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Charm
- Fake Out
- Safeguard

The EVs are designed for outspeeding neutral Thundurus w/ Prankster and Bullet Punch Mega-Lucario easily setting up safeguard or charming physical threats. Fake out support helps Mega-Gallade OHKO or massive damage on choice scarf and is great for certain pokemon that you don't want attacking. T-Wave is still on this set, of course.

[Image: talonflame.gif]
Talonflame @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Quick Guard

This set does the same thing you want to do but does more. Max attack Brave Bird and Overheat (for steel types) do massive damage and possibly OHKO. The EVs are designed for it to outspeed Mega-Lucario so Overheat can be effective since Brave Bird can deal with other faster pokemon. Quick Guard is for priority moves that targets opponent's Talonflame Brave bird that usually target Mega-Gallade. Taunt is to shut down support.

[Image: cacturne.gif]
Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Destiny Bond

The Evs didn't change since Cacture has no real bulk but I removed Spikes for Spiky Shield because Cacture needs protection since it might be doubled-up. Also Spikes are hard to use in VGC format because switching is rarer than singles and Cacture will waste a turn for them which it can be OHKO (I think you can see this from the 3 Smogan Double Battles in which Cacture never used Spikes)

[Image: klinklang.gif]
Klinklang @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Thunder Wave

I like you for using this pokemon but Klinklang is out-class by a lot of pokemon since Earthquake and Fire-moves will almost always be on a VGC team. I replaced Life Orb for Air Balloon in order to avoid Earthquake while setting up. Wild charge is for Talonflame and Water-pokemon that will resist Gear Grind because a setting up Klinklang probably will not Volt Switch. Easily can be OHKO by Garchomp, Talonflame, Ludicolo, Mega-Lucario, Mega-Swampert, Mega-Lopunny, Landorus-T, Mega-Charizard, etc; this list goes on.

[Image: goodra.gif]
Goodra @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

I would replace Earthquake with ice beam because max atk Goodra cannot OHKO Heatran with EQ. But then there would be no spread move damage. So test both and find out which move helps the team.

If you need to move EVs around go ahead and adjust accordingly but its your team so do what you wish.
Also I did damage calcution w/ this calculator against common treats | http://sweepercalc.com/swc/
And I used the updated speed tiers list to help me invest in the right amount of speed | http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/vgc-15-...eed-tiers/

Thanks man I'll be changing a couple things but everything (just because I like them have some of those moves or items even if I don't always win because of them, it's just who I am) thanks for all the help Smile
I'm loving this team Anime, it looks great! :D
I Request a battle with the AnimeKid
when?
Later today after I battle Eckley in like 3 hours. I need to start battling everybody.
I looked up my EV spread and try 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Sdef once on Klinklang. It still beats mega Gardevoir, Sylveon and all these fairies (except less chance to kill Slurpuff in one hit) but it adds some extra bulk to it. Like it can survive a heatwave from Heatran (252 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 108 SpD Klinklang: 122-146 (73 - 87.4%)) not that you want to stay in when a firemove is coming your way but still lol
He means he wants to assert his dominance over us before the January tournament in order to gain a mental advantage. :P
(Dec 26, 2014, 01:34 PM)Eeveeli Wrote: I looked up my EV spread and try 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Sdef once on Klinklang. It still beats mega Gardevoir, Sylveon and all these fairies (except less chance to kill Slurpuff in one hit) but it adds some extra bulk to it. Like it can survive a heatwave from Heatran (252 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 108 SpD Klinklang: 122-146 (73 - 87.4%)) not that you want to stay in when a firemove is coming your way but still lol

thanks sounds great :D

now i need to get a reset bag :P