Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My first ever VGC team
eckley your teams pretty darn scary i just finished making another team and that Escavailar has se hits on 5/6 members of my team beginning to think i should give up on winning anything XD
Haha thanks evil! I was actually using the team magma team builder to make sure I didn't have too many weaknesses, and if I hadn't been using it, I may have missed out on one or two of these Mon. I thought my mindset was more for single battles, so I'm still a little surprised how well people have rated it though. I've just finished breeding for Swampert and Politoed, and I'm going to do the rest tomorrow, so hopefully when I'm done the team works well when I test it. I've never worked so hard on something in my life :D
i use magma as well but i only pick pokemon i like therefore things like Escavailar will never feature in my teams since i hate him more than vannilux the result is typically much weaker teams as i lack the pokemon i need to ballence teams out XD
I feel you. I try to use pokes I like as well, which is why I've built a team around M Swampert, but because cress is supposedly going to be used a lot, I couldn't pass on Escavalier
hehe i luved the idea so i may have sneaked another bug steel type that i like into my team no ground move but i'll have to live with it XD
Taunt+Bug move=Eat your heart out Cress you aren't getting anything up.
yea i'm currently toying with a team based around taunt and tailwind set up i'm definitely gona build and test it, with my fav gen 5 and gen 2 pokemon in it as well as a one of my fav gen 3 pokemon i'm so excited to see if i can't get this team off to a flying start (pun intended) :P
Before I continue breeding the team, I would like people's opinion on something.
Whimsicott was originally in the team for thundurus, but since he can't paralyse Swampert who is my main attacker, I'm not sure if Whimsicott is necessary, so I was thinking about switching it for trevenant, who gets access to WoW so I don't have yto rely on bringing Rotom if I need to burn something. He's also bulkier than Whimsicott, and because I probably won't need to put any EVs into speed, I can put those into making him able to take hits a bit better, and it's another way to potentially stop cress setting up a TR since it's slower
whimsi could still taunt wow's off swampert though thus preventing sro... "ahem" wash from causing you issues due to his immunity to ground with levitate
Ah yeah, that's true, I completely forgot about Rotom-W when I thought of this. I'll leave Whimsicott in because of this and see how it goes.
I think I'm going to change Swampert's EVs as well, and put 156 in Speed and put the ones I've taken away into HP, because I don't think I'm going to see to many M Aerodactyl and M Alakazam (Not saying they on't be used at all, I'm just not to worried about out speeding them), But I can still out speed Timid 252 Speed M Sceptile