Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] No.1!
The idea for this team was to make Articuno useful. with its high bulk and access to Freeze-Dry and Sky Drop
This is the first time i really asked for help when editing a team so anything you can say about my team will be helpfull

[Image: Articuno_XY.gif]
Number One (Articuno) @ Charti Berry
Ability: Pressure
Level: 50
EVs: 220 HP / 240 Def / 36 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sky Drop
- Protect
- Tailwind
- Freeze-Dry
Articuno was the main thing i wanted to build the team around. Tail wind lets me outspeed the other team for 3 turns, freeze-dry is just a better version of icebeam, to bad only a few pokemon can use it, sky drop + tale wind is really nice, i can use skydrop as a protect, to dodge moves, and if i ise it on last turn of tail wind vs a pokemon who normally out speeds, i basically remove them from the game for 2 turns.   36 is just a bump up, forgot who its for...
Charti berry was originally so i could last vs 3 rock slides in a  row!(none stab) but since i dropped the hp/defence a bit, i  have to double check if it makes a difference any more , surprisingly articuno can live threw  rock slides on its own, but if the flinch gets it game over =/
the speed is just so I out speed my Rotom, in-case he goes for a discharge i want to dodge

[Image: mega_charizard_y_sprite_by_greyhater-d7v9nvb.gif]
Light My Fire (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash
- Protect
basic charizard, added air slash over overheat cuz because i dont want him to be useless after overheat but thinking about changing that, also wanted the flying type coverage.

[Image: 130px-0,114,0,96-Cresselia_XY.gif]
Cresselia @ White Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 40 SpA / 160 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Psychic
so was basicly looking for way to stop trick room from destroying me tried taunt, ran in to lum berry and fake out, decided the best way to stop trick room is by using a second trick room to cancel it out! ice beam is from them ground types, psychick for stab, helping hand because most of the time the damage cress deals out is to low to kill anything, so some 1 else can do better. 40 SpA is to kill lando i think?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
basic garchomp for basic killing things, and the lumberry is just for those people who think the can burn it and take it out of the game, and even had a few times where there were hoping a swagger could hax win them the game, it didn't >=D!

[Image: Mawile_XY.gif]
Rika (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 19 Spe
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Play Rough
so after putting trick room on my team, i felt like i should add Mawile, to make it so if i needed to, i could use trick room if they had a tailwind Suicune. still fear the burn but with trick rooms out speed, im fine

[Image: rotom-wash.gif]
Rotom-Wash @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 192 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

wide lens because I FEAR THE LOSS DUE TO MISS! discharge feels nicer then thunderbolt, duo to the ability to hit 2 people if one uses protect, only fear is hitting my team mate if they dont use protect. works well with Garchomp. and works nice with the volt switch + cresselia, if trick room were to fail i could go in to Garchomp, if it works i can go in to Mawile

Problems: only problem i have had recently has been dealing with perish song gengar but that maybe be to my own error and not seeing the potential/obvious perish song teams.

Im welcome to any change in anything, long as Articuno is still on the team
(Feb 22, 2015, 01:29 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Feb 22, 2015, 01:20 PM)Crozz Wrote: Freeze-dry is just a better version of icebeam

I'm not really sure that I agree with this. Freeze-Dry has a base power of 70, whereas Ice Beam has a base power of 90. Both feature 100% accuracy with a 10% chance to freeze the target. The only advantage Freeze-Dry has is extra PP and super effective damage on water types.

I'm also a little concerned about running Tailwind and Trick Room on the same team. They counteract each other. The most effective Trick Room team has as little speed investment as possible, with -Speed natures and 0 speed IVs. Tailwind doubles your party's speed, so to maximize its potential, you'd want to run +speed with 31 speed IVs to ensure that you can still actually outspeed your opponent.

the reason i consider freeze-Dry a better version of icebeam is because being supper effective vs water types. this in very nice in the fact that it can hit Suicune, and Rotom-W for super, and Ludicolo and Gastrodon for x4
for the exhange of 20 points of damage to make an ice type move do x4 as much damage in match ups vs water types, i think this is a very good trade, but i will admit, it is better to have ice beam if you already do x2 damage

having tailwind and trick room is a bit of the gimmick of the team
if the other team has faster pokemon, i can go with one of the other depending on the match up (will most of the time go with tale wind), if they have a tail wind, i can go with trick room, if they have a trick room i can use mine to cancel theirs and/or i can use my mawile to capitalize on having trick room out, with out having to rely on there trick room.
questioning running assault vest or weakness policy on articuno
(Feb 22, 2015, 01:20 PM)Crozz Wrote: The idea for this team was to make Articuno useful. with its high bulk and access to Freeze-Dry and Sky Drop
This is the first time i really asked for help when editing a team so anything you can say about my team will be helpfull

Mega Pidgeot and Articuno
Choice Scarf or Tailwind Sheer cold then Mirror Move Mega Pidgeot with No Guard
Super deadly but a little gimmicky

Plus your current team has the strangest synergy (I'm surprised that you don't have too many problems)
Here is my guide to Perish Trap:
http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-Ho...ERISH-TRAP
Drop the Trick Room/Tailwind thing. That gimmick compromises the synergy of your team. Either fully commit to Trick Room or Tailwind. To stop Tailwind, get a Pokemon with access to Thunder Wave or Icy Wind. A Prankster such as Thundurus or Meowstic-M can do this. As for Trick Room, gang the Pokemon trying to set it up before it gets to pull it off. You're most likely going to need a Dark Type to pull this off. Bisharp is a good pick and so is Crawdaunt.

I recommend taking out Charizard Y and Cresselia and replace them with Thundurus/Politoed and Bisharp/Crawdaunt. Politoed and Bisharp would be preferred for you take out the Fire weaknesses of your team with Drizzle and you can take out Tailwind for Hurricane which has infinite Accuracy in the rain with Articuno and Bisharp checks teams that try to use methods of speed control such as Trick Room and Icy Wind/Electro Web with its ability and movepool.

You can also replace Volt Switch with Thunder Wave on Rotom for that speed control

I should also mention that Bisharp takes care for Whimsicott, Mega Gengar and Gothitelle so Perish Trap shouldn't be a problem for you. I am seeing this new type of perish trap that involves Multiscale Dragonite so watch out for that as well
[Insert signature here]
(Feb 22, 2015, 03:18 PM)z2porygon Wrote:
(Feb 22, 2015, 01:20 PM)Crozz Wrote: The idea for this team was to make Articuno useful. with its high bulk and access to Freeze-Dry and Sky Drop

Mega Pidgeot and Articuno
Choice Scarf or Tailwind Sheer cold then Mirror Move Mega Pidgeot with No Guard
Super deadly but a little gimmicky

Plus your current team has the strangest synergy (I'm surprised that you don't have too many problems)
Here is my guide to Perish Trap:
http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-Ho...ERISH-TRAP

Thanks! i think the main reason i suck vers perish song is due to lack of damage? looking in to if i should add more damage and if so, how
(Feb 22, 2015, 03:25 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Drop the Trick Room/Tailwind thing. That gimmick compromises the synergy of your team. Either fully commit to Trick Room or Tailwind. To stop Tailwind, get a Pokemon with access to Thunder Wave or Icy Wind. A Prankster such as Thundurus or Meowstic-M can do this. As for Trick Room, gang the Pokemon trying to set it up before it gets to pull it off. You're most likely going to need a Dark Type to pull this off. Bisharp is a good pick and so is Crawdaunt.

I recommend taking out Charizard Y and Cresselia and replace them with Thundurus/Politoed and Bisharp/Crawdaunt. Politoed and Bisharp would be preferred for you take out the Fire weaknesses of your team with Drizzle and you can take out Tailwind for Hurricane which has infinite Accuracy in the rain with Articuno and Bisharp checks teams that try to use methods of speed control such as Trick Room and Icy Wind/Electro Web with its ability and movepool.

You can also replace Volt Switch with Thunder Wave on Rotom for that speed control

I should also mention that Bisharp takes care for Whimsicott, Mega Gengar and Gothitelle so Perish Trap shouldn't be a problem for you. I am seeing this new type of perish trap that involves Multiscale Dragonite so watch out for that as well

thanks for the advice, ill try politoad and bisharp and see how they work out
as for the for trick room and tailwind, im looking in to that as well, just felt like using trickroom to cancel out another one was a good %100 way to do it, with all the cresselia's running around
If push comes to shove and you couldn't take out Cresselia with Bisharp on the first turn, you can always Encore Cresselia with Politoed Wink
[Insert signature here]