Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Rain team from newbee
First off this team might be a complete disaster but thats why I'm asking you guys for help. As the title says the main idea is building a rain team:

1. Politoed @ Leftovers

Timid, Drizzle

HP 252 / SpD / 252 / SpA 4

Scald
Perish Song
Helping Hand
Protect

2. Ludicolo @ Assault Vest

Bold, Swift Swim

164 HP / 140 Def / 68 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe

Hydro Pump
Giga Drain
Ice Beam
Fake Out

3. Goodra @ Life Orb

Timid, Hydration

72 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Thunder
Earthquake

4. Talonflame @ Sharp Beak

Careful, Gale Wings

HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spe 252

Brave Bird
Flare Bliz
Tailwind
U-turn

5. Aegislash @ Sitrus Berry

Quiet

252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Wide Guard
Shadow Ball
Flash Cannon
King's Shield

6(1). Sableye @ Mega

HP 252 / Def 252 / SpA 4

Bold, Prankster

Calm Mind
Recover
Dark Pulse
Will-O-Wisp

6(2). Gengar @ Mega

Timid

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Taunt
Destiny Bond
Sludge Wave
Focus Blast

1. Which one for last slot (6), or even someone completely different?
2. The first three is what I consider as the core, the other ones can be swapped out...
3. Should I have one of the pokemons carry rain dance and if so who and instead of which move?

Politoed @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 140 HP / 80 Def / 116 SpA / 172 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Perish Song

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Dark Pulse

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Atk / 164 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 4 SpA / 116 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Initially your team has a lot of electric weaknesses and no immunity to it. Basically I'm just giving you some suggestions on what you can consider in this post.

Since you are running rain, you need to find a way to make Politoed survive for early and late game. There is no need to set up rain with another team member especially since it doesn't play that huge of a role and your team doesn't rely on it that much. Throw in some electric types and some Pokemon that are weak to Fire (because Rain cancels out fire weakness) and use those.
[Insert signature here]
To be honest, you don't necessary need to run 'full rain' (stereotypical rain team with Politoed, Mega Swamper, Ludicolo, Kingdra), just have Politoed and/or Ludicolo/Kingdra take your rain mode. the main reason why I say this is you don't want to be walled by a Pokemon like Ferrothorn or Goodra which both play very well with or without rain. Remember rain is one of the oldest playstyles where people haven't adapted even with the 6 generation nerf since 5 turns is all what you need to play with a hyper offensive setting. Just having Politoed and Ludicolo will automatically give anyone a slight edge in team preview. Usually teams have one dedicated rain check but honestly you still have four other mons who can counteract against that play while the main rain component can just sweep with rain boosted attacks.

TL:DR Just use Politoed and Ludicolo as your main rain mode and take into consideration what Marcusube mention.
Thank you for your posts. Can I replace Thundurus with any other pokemon as a good Thundurus at least for me feels hard to get (legit). What I have atm is a Magnezone but he seems to get 1HKO by fire moves even in rain (maybe its my EV spread). I also have the option of getting a Zapdos from my XY.
If you can't use Thundurus, you can consider Mega-Manectric, Ampharos, Electivire or Heliolisk for offensive and swap out Gengar for a prankster or status user thats reliable like Meowstic, Liepard or Whimsicott. Try to also get some type coverage in Fighting attacks because the team you have and the one I suggested seems to lack that
[Insert signature here]
(Apr 2, 2015, 10:50 PM)Alex Wrote: Thank you for your posts. Can I replace Thundurus with any other pokemon as a good Thundurus at least for me feels hard to get (legit). What I have atm is a Magnezone but he seems to get 1HKO by fire moves even in rain (maybe its my EV spread). I also have the option of getting a Zapdos from my XY.

Yes you can partially replace Thundy with Zapdos, but you won't have Prankster Taunt or Thunder Wave anymore. I've never seen a Life Orb Zapdos but i guess it can work.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 28 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

A Modest Nature and an high base SpA stat means we can afford to invest more on bulk to setup Tailwind.

# 116 Speed to outspeed Jolly Breloom
# Thunder is a OHKO on Bisharp
# HP Ice is a OHKO on Landorus-T
# Roost for recovery from Life Orb recoil damage
# Adamant M-Kang Double-Edge has 1% chance to OHKO this Zapdos.

You should put Taunt on Mega Gengar instead of Icy Wind if you still want Taunt.
Remember: you can always ask in the Trading & Breeding section of this forum for something you need.
sread the evs out run scald not hydro pump, thats what i suggest you do
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
Politoed needs to do one of two things. Outspeed Kang with the help of scarf and invest heavy into spa to allow a ko when poli and ludi double into Kang the same turn. Or a slow politoed that can survive a double edge from max attack Kang. Both Styles are viable and come down to preference.
#TeamForum