Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Rate my first 2017 VGC team
Hello everyone, I have been watching vgc for about two years but never participated in it, With the release of sun and moon I decided to give it a shot as I spend alot of time watching it regardless. This is currently the team I am using on pokemon showdown and would like to know if there is any way to improve it. Any feedback will be appreciated!

The Team:

A-Ninetales

Ability: Snow Warning

Item: LightClay

Nature: Timid 

EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Spe

Moves:

Blizzard
Moonblast
Aurora Veil
Protect

Basic Ninetales moveset and ev spread. Currently feels like one of if not the strongest pokemon on my team right now. Would like to build my team around this.

A-Sandslash

Ability: Slush Rush

Item: Life Orb

Nature: Adamant

Evs: 48 Hp, 248 Att, 212 Spe

Moves:

Icicle Crash
Iron Head
Poison Jab
Protect

As much as I love this pokemon I find it hard to rely on. Its inconsistency is making me consider changing it, yet I do know know what to replace it with.

Araquanid

Ability: Water Bubble

Item: Assault Vest

Nature: Careful

Evs: 252 Hp, 188 Att, 68 Sp.Def

Moves:

Liquidation
Lunge
Poison Jab
Leech Life

This pokemon is a monster. Counters the popular torkoal and any fire pokrmon that threatens my ice types such as Marowak.

Arcinine

Ability: Intimidate

Item: Sitrus Berry

Nature: Calm

Evs: 252 Hp, 84 Def, 4 Sp.Att, 100 Sp.Def, 68 Spe

Moves:

Snarl
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower
Protect

Last pokemon added to the team. Needed fire type coverage, also needed an intimidate user. I got this moveset/Build from 2015 vgc. Arcinine fit the spot. Seems to have synergy with arqauanid. 

A-Raichu

Ability: Surge Surfer

Item: Aloraichium Z

Nature: Timid

Evs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Spe

Moves:

Fake Out
Thunder Bolt
Psychic
Protect

Very situational, provides good fake out support. This is my water counter, also works well with psychic terrain. Just like Sandslash I dont find myself using it as much as the others. 

Tapu Lele

Ability: Psychic

Item: Psychium Z

Nature: Modest

Evs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp.Att, 252 Spe 

Moves:

Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Shadowball
Protect 

I wanted another special attacker and wanted to use one of the tapus, as they do give an advantage. I chose Lele which has been in every iteration of my team. Although I like Lele I am subject to change, Bulu is also very interesting and have been thinking switching to it, but I am very hesitant.

Thank You in advance for any feedback/help. I am subject to change on any of my pokemon/movesets/natures/evs, as my goal is to use the best team possible in order to compete.
What about Weavile instead of Sandslash? Pressure is a minor deterrent and add a sash to it if you want it to be fast and brittle. Also can be a second fake out user. You lose the steel typing though.
Also you might wana run min speed and a -speed nature on your araquanid (or taunt on something) or else you are gonna have a hard time with TR teams. I mean the darn spider isn't that fast to begin with so why not use it as a TR counter?
I might also suggest changing out Lunge on Araquanid for Wide Guard with how rampant Torkal is at the moment. As far as your Tapu I do suggest switching to either Bulu to give yourself another physical attacker or Koko to give Raichu somthing to synergize with, then maybe you'll end up using him a bit more.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Protect

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 48 HP / 248 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- Lunge

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 4 SpA / 100 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Snarl
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Change your post to as seen above so forum users can read it clearly and to keep your post in ordination with the Competitive Discussion rules. Also explain what each set does and why you chose whatever EV spread and moveset you have. It's impossible to rate a team without knowing the motivation and inspiration behind it
[Insert signature here]