Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] "Semi-trick room team"
Hi there  kappa I've been trying this team out on pokemonshowdown and I really like it, but I feel like it need some adjustments. I would be really happy if you could tell me how to improve this team Smile

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Night Shade

My trick room setter. I absolutely love eviolite dusclops. I tried jellicent for a while, but changed it to dusclops. I use pain split to handle (for example) assault vest milotic, and other bulky pokemons that sometimes can be annoying to deal with. The EV-spread isn't complicated, but I choose to more special defense because of sylveon :P

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Ferrothorn is a monster. I really like it, and chople berry is first of all to handle all the terrakions with close combat and then OHKO it with gyro ball. Here's some calculations...

"defensive calcs"
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Chople Berry Ferrothorn: 142-168 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Ferrothorn: 30-36 (16.5 - 19.8%) -- possible 6HKO (assuming that the kangaskhan is jolly)
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 108 SpD Ferrothorn: 39-47 (21.5 - 25.9%) -- 2.5% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Ferrothorn: 75-88 (41.4 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 108 SpD Ferrothorn: 71-84 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

"offensive calcs"

148 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 204-242 (122.8 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
148 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan: 112-133 (62.2 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (this is for 252 speed 252 attack kangaskhan)
148 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 102-120 (49.2 - 57.9%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO (and then there's this berry called sitrus berry......)

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Roost

This thing is also a monster. I've seen a lot of icy wind and tailwind lately from milotic, gengar and tailwind suicune ofc. But when they see that I have the trick room option they almost never bring tailwind or icy wind and then salamence can shine kappa
Anyways, I use the "standard" EV-spread for a physical salamence. If you happen to have a better EV-spread for it, I would gladly accept it. Roost over ddance because I almost never get the chans to set up :P

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 76 Atk / 244 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

Yeah yeah, I know that I call everything a monster.. but this thing is the definition of a monster! fake out is basicly so that I can easily turn 1 set up trick room (If I decided to bring it) Rock slide is for charizard Y and talonflame. Ice punch is only for landorus T, so maybe I should replace it with knock off, please help me with that Smile

Here's some calcs

"defensive calcs"
252 Atk Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 92 HP / 244 Def Hariyama: 90-106 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 92 HP / 92 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 154-183 (66.6 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244+ SpA Charizard Overheat vs. 92 HP / 92 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 93-111 (40.2 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 92 HP / 92 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 170-204 (73.5 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Offensive calcs:
76+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 56 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 176-210 (101.7 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
76+ Atk Hariyama Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 192-228 (125.4 - 149%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 76+ Atk Hariyama Ice Punch vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 116-140 (68.2 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Protect

This EV-spread is from TalkingLion that he used in a premier challenge a couple of weeks ago. I really like it, bulky and offensive
and oh boy, when you set up a substitute the game won't be fun for the opponent anymore Wink
I like this EV-spread also because it works really well in trick room as outside of trick room.
It counters sylveon too, which always is great :P

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 44 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Last member of the team. I felt like I needes a taunter, and thundurus is always great HP ice for landorus T.. The EV-spread is from good sir mr Aaron cybertron Zheng. kappa

So now... pleeeaase give me some tips on how I can improve this team, it can be: moves, switch out pokemons, new trick room setter. please just comment on what improvements that need to be made :D

#TeamReplay

// Willem
i know that since is a "semi"-trick room team you'll only use it when you need it but having something like 252 speed on salamance means that if you do setup trickroom he will be easily out speed by other pokemon
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Yeah I agree. I think it's best to either commit to trick room or not to.
(Feb 18, 2015, 06:37 AM)Vexian Wrote: Yeah I agree. I think it's best to either commit to trick room or not to.

Ok! I will fix change that! Smile Thank you for your responses Smile
I wouldn't invest in HP on that Dusclops if you're running Pain Split, either. You'll end up with higher returns from Pain Split (at least percentage-wise) the lower your maximum HP is. Dusclops doesn't have very much HP anyway and with Knock Off being as common as it is, you might benefit from more investment in Defense so that Dusclops can still be a somewhat effective tank without Eviolite. That's just my opinion though.
If you plan to counter Charizard Y, Talonflame etc. the Thick Fat Assault Vest variant would be more suitable so you can resist Heat Waves and Ice Beams which are fairy common.

You probably have to scrap this team because semi trick room is a bad idea. Go for all out Trick Room.

Also try to cut down on the amount of physical attackers on your team. Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp are very common and so are burn hax from Fire moves and Scald. Hariyama's Ice Punch, even at max attack cannot OHKO Landorus and since you will be slower, the Landorus would of finished its job before you are able to take it out.
[Insert signature here]
(Feb 18, 2015, 08:09 AM)Marcusube Wrote: If you plan to counter Charizard Y, Talonflame etc. the Thick Fat Assault Vest variant would be more suitable so you can resist Heat Waves and Ice Beams which are fairy common.

You probably have to scrap this team because semi trick room is a bad idea. Go for all out Trick Room.

Also try to cut down on the amount of physical attackers on your team. Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp are very common and so are burn hax from Fire moves and Scald. Hariyama's Ice Punch, even at max attack cannot OHKO Landorus and since you will be slower, the Landorus would of finished its job before you are able to take it out.

Damn Marcus kappa Haha thank's for the tips Smile really! It helps Smile
(Feb 18, 2015, 07:46 AM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: I  wouldn't invest in HP on that Dusclops if you're running Pain Split, either. You'll end up with higher returns from Pain Split (at least percentage-wise) the lower your maximum HP is. Dusclops doesn't have very much HP anyway and with Knock Off being as common as it is, you might benefit from more investment in Defense so that Dusclops can still be a somewhat effective tank without Eviolite. That's just my opinion though.

Thank you for the tips my good sir Smile