Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Team Update: Battle Spot Doubles
Hi guys a few days ago i posted an RMT post, discussing my new team, thanks to all your suggestions i have changed a few items here and there and have some battle videos o show it's worth. i am not going to rewrite the whole thing so here's a link to it: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-RATE-MY...r-a-weirdo , i'll be putting forth some recent changes i made to it:

[Image: magmar.gif]
Magmar @ Eviolite  
Ability: Flame Body  
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 12 SpD / 76 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Follow Me  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Overheat  
- Helping Hand

Still definitely loving this mon, no changes cuz all of it's moveset and the EV spread fits right in this team of mine. it get's proper switch in and move support from this team to fill up any weaknesses in it and then it support then back with it's fullest potential. the duck may be very... very blind (missing W-o-W's and overheats) however the risk is always worth it i guess Wink *for now* Overheat can really leave a mark if used even on the bulkiest mons and turns out to be an amazing option against the threats to this team.

[Image: manectric-mega.gif]
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
Level: 50  
EVs: 108 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Thunderbolt  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Light Screen  
- Protect

This mon's moveset changed alot as i actually gave it a though from the notes i took on the team. it changed over these reasons: team's shaky matchup against amoongus, HP ground not paying off, as most trans are shuca berry variants. getting clean OHKO'es on m-salamence
, and the most of team being highly physically defensive, with mag's W-o-W, flame body and redirection +manectric's intimidate adding to it. i needed to beef up special defenses of conk and milotic at an instance though. hence came the replacement for the solution of using HP ice and light screen in substitution of the terrible HP ground and snarl.

[Image: latios.gif]
Latios @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Draco Meteor  
- Ice Beam  
- Psyshock  
- Energy Ball

Same as before and no complains. as for an experience it is important to keep it alive and conserve it through switch in's before i wall up the mon i am baiting to get KO'ed by latios. Not changing scarf on opinion, as it basically guarantees many OHKO'es before it's opponents even make a move, and mag is there to add to damage output with it's helping hand. mag +lati was a lead i ended up using expecting numerous pokemon that my opponents may lead with and get an early 4-3 lead.

[Image: conkeldurr.gif]
Conkeldurr @ Life Orb  
Ability: Guts  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 52 HP / 172 Atk / 76 Def / 204 SpD / 4 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Drain Punch  
- Mach Punch  
- Wide Guard  
- Rain Dance

I changed this mon's item to life orb from E-belt to do consistent damage to many opponents again saying keeping the guts ability made it an amazing rain counter in many of/every matches against rain by getting actual OHKO'es on certian ludicolo's in their attempt to cut my attacking power. someone said why not run knock off to counter the threat of aegislash as relying on mag is really shaky, well it actually was and i do have that prob fixed, and rain dance does little but in some matches pays of perfectly. light screen now kinda gives it the AV effect and it is really powerful behind it. *psst!... should i opt for flame orb to avoid late game spores, t-wave or other status shenanigans?*

[Image: milotic.gif]
Milotic @ Maranga Berry  
Ability: Competitive  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 4 SpA / 60 SpD / 52 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Scald  
- Icy Wind  
- Toxic  
- Recover

Not much but a big change to the item choice. hence i wanted to wall against meta mons it was a great mon to do so with miranga berry, as also much of my bulk went into physical defenses. pulling it against a resistant special attack was definitely helpul in some mathces. to be actual i used a suicune for practice to improvise the team, as i though that the team lacked speed, i played it terribly and suicune wasn't it for this very team. i love using this bulky milotic and right now have no regrets from it. milotic takes advantage from her opponent's mistakes. miranga berry balances out the bulk evenly. Miranga berry actually came to m in the form of a suggestion so thanks to you guys for this fix. i decided to change toxic for tons of stuff, but things like CM cress, and even other bulk variants got pretty dangerous soas just for the safety net i did kept the toxic which disrupts those and milotic-mirrors.

[Image: scizor-mega.gif]
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 84 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Knock Off  
- Bullet Punch  
- Swords Dance  
- Protect

Last up on this team was scizor. i knew i had regrets from it regarding how limited it's options went with the opponents team. and aegislash was still big time trouble. i went with the original idea of using knock off on this mon, as it always takes care of psychic types too and reveals  bit of information, if i wall aegi correctly, or meet it head on this scizor set is basically build to counter aegislash and pull out a win. As someone asked why not use standard scizor? well i don't bring manectric in every game, and with it's absense i need that extra punch of power in the matches. also this spread was designed for m-scizor, and i don't think if it holds the same potential in it's standard form.

Battle Vids:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-275340764

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-275348404

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-275350831

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-275377006

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-275381531

Conclusion:
so there wa my update. the reason that i am not attaching this to the otherpost is that it was already crowded and messy, idk if anyone would even bother to give it another look. it would also not be comparably to the new update and it would take a long time to go in depth editing to the text. again thanks alot for reminding me of some threats and making the team better. Bye for now!